Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
       

Default Paul Pierce couldn't stand D-Will?

i guess that partly explains his leaving the nets.

cliffs notes: the lead writer (net income) for the top nets news and analysis site (netsdaily) just dropped this bombshell in the comments section.
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/7/21/5...an-news-report

most ppl assumed it was blatche, who was sort of universally hated, but looks like it was d-will. apparently not a talent and performance thing, but a personality thing.

wonder how he works out with john wall...

Default Re: Paul Pierce couldn't stand D-Will?

Pierce is a c*nt though. Who cares what he thinks?

Pierce needs to retire already.

I mean didn't D-Will basically get Sloan to retire because the two couldn't get along?

Also I think I read at some point that Kidd didn't get along with D-Will either. The dude is a douche.

They seem to keep implying the Nets didn't keep Blatche because of just being unfocused, but considering his production, the fact they won't offer him anything (not even $1), that seems a stretch. A productive big, he's a bit unfocused, you ship him out? Has to be more than that.

Nets seem a bit dysfunctional coming into this season.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Pierce is a c*nt though. Who cares what he thinks?
    Good one.

It couldn't have been a total deal breaker considering Pierce called the Nets and told them what his wizards offer was just in case they could match.

Dont blame him, i hate even watching deron play. Plays pretty sorrily this last year. No heart, streaky as can be, injuries. I really wish we went in a different directions in regards to a "franchise" level player. Total system guy. Wish we retained livingston and just gained depth.

   

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    They seem to keep implying the Nets didn't keep Blatche because of just being unfocused, but considering his production, the fact they won't offer him anything (not even $1), that seems a stretch. A productive big, he's a bit unfocused, you ship him out? Has to be more than that.

Nets seem a bit dysfunctional coming into this season.
    actually i think they're making a hell of a lot more sense lately, but that goes hand in hand with not deluding themselves into title hopes. last offseason seemed exciting and promising in a naive puppy dog way.

blatche, i think they are really trying for character people, now. he's a good backup but you never know what you'll get from him. plumlee is a far better professional, so if he can play some PF this year it's a win. blatche was never about the future.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    actually i think they're making a hell of a lot more sense lately, but that goes hand in hand with not deluding themselves into title hopes. last offseason seemed exciting and promising in a naive puppy dog way.

blatche, i think they are really trying for character people, now. he's a good backup but you never know what you'll get from him. plumlee is a far better professional, so if he can play some PF this year it's a win. blatche was never about the future.
    Plumlee gets better everytime hes on the court. High motor big. Love what he brings. Also Blatche you are way too correct. Either hes looking like a damn stud with a allstar ceiling or hes a turd. Blatche was a win now move also like you stated. Good post.

OP, what's your expectation for the Nets next season ?

Expected wins ? Ceiling ?

NBA All-star

I sure hope so.

that squad didn't do sh*t.

Dwill has a poor attitude work ethic and competitiveness. All the talent in the bball world but that's y he will never go down as an all time great. His legacy will be the same as Marvin Williams the nikka who got picked ov er cp3

   

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    Plumlee gets better everytime hes on the court. High motor big. Love what he brings. Also Blatche you are way too correct. Either hes looking like a damn stud with a allstar ceiling or hes a turd. Blatche was a win now move also like you stated. Good post.
    go nets!

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    OP, what's your expectation for the Nets next season ?

Expected wins ? Ceiling ?
    good question. the loss of s-dot hurts... blatche and PP not so much to me. they got some steals in the draft and bogs is finally coming over from europe.

AK47 should have a bigger role this season and i expect KG to bounce back a little. d-will's in better shape with his ankles from what i read a little while back. hollins was a nice pickup, so coaching level should remain about the same.

obviously the big questions are lopez and d-will, followed by the MVP from last season, joe johnson. (i.e. will the aging star be able to keep it up?)

lot of variables in play but i guess i'll go for about the same win total as last year, maybe a couple games less. the upside is pretty good given players like teletovvy, a healthy bropez, bogs and the rooks. 1st or 2nd round playoff exit seems most likely.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Dwill has a poor attitude work ethic and competitiveness. All the talent in the bball world but that's y he will never go down as an all time great. His legacy will be the same as Marvin Williams the nikka who got picked ov er cp3
    Deron Williams was once an elite PG. Marvin Williams was never a great or even good player.