Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: Twitter Racists React to

Quote Originally Posted by Math2
    Exactly. No one gives a shit about what the Black Panthers do, but care so much more about the KKK

Right because the KKK have actually killed people before... They have a really extensive and ugly history..

thats why people care more... grow a brain

Fox is the biased one? Go back to your MSNBC and actually watch it and see what they are saying. They are so obviously covering for Obama. Libya gets government fed coverage, etc. No one dares to make fun of him like they would on previous presidents (like on SNL and the like shows) just because they would be considered racist.
    Dude, get over it with the biased shit. Yes, MSNBC is biased, but to compare that bias to Fox's outright lies? Please.

Here's a handy chart:

Far Left ---- Left -MSNBC---CNN-- Center ----- Right ----- Far Right -Fox News

More like the "Both sides are bad, but we won't show the public the black group because that would be racist" media strategy.

please list the crimes committed by the black panthers that would put them on the level of the KKK...

Let's compare the two...

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    I'm uneducated on this topic. How has the black panthers been forced underground to a greater extent than white supremacist groups.

Wouldn't the first amendment protect both of their rights to gather in public and say offensive things?

If you mean socially forced underground, by political correctness (i consider being PC a positive overall) and social pressure, then I understand what you mean about the black panthers being marginalized. I just argue that white supremacist groups are also socially stigmatized and marginalized in 2012.
    I would recommend you wikipedia them to get some info on their background.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts

Disturbing and depressing to know that lunatics like these people are still around.
    oh yeah? Your great grandaddy lived in Kenya? Even their jokes can be based on fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Right because the KKK have actually killed people before... They have a really extensive and ugly history..

thats why people care more... grow a brain
    In the interest of fairness, Sheed, the Black Panthers have their own history of violence. Huey Newton proudly admitted to murder of a police officer. Angela Davis owned the guns that resulted in a courtroom takeover, hostage situation and murder. Bobby Hutton (? not sure about the name) and Eldridge Cleaver set up an ambush of Oakland police. Most historians trace the evolution of the gun violence by young black men in Oakland to the influence of the Panthers.

I'm not taking sides. I find nothing more abhorrent than the KKK. But if there's going to be a debate on the topic, facts have to be presented about both parties.

please list the crimes committed by the black panthers that would put them on the level of the KKK...

Let's compare the two...
    Please list all recent crimes committed by the KKK.

Voter intimidation?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    In the interest of fairness, Sheed, the Black Panthers have their own history of violence. Huey Newton proudly admitted to murder of a police officer. Angela Davis owned the guns that resulted in a courtroom takeover, hostage situation and murder. Bobby Hutton (? not sure about the name) and Eldridge Cleaver set up an ambush of Oakland police. Most historians trace the evolution of the gun violence by young black men in Oakland to the influence of the Panthers.

I'm not taking sides. I find nothing more abhorrent than the KKK. But if there's going to be a debate on the topic, facts have to be presented about both parties.
    New Black Panthers aren't the Black Panthers. Pretty much the only thing the New Black Panthers have done is stand around outside polling places.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    I would recommend you wikipedia them to get some info on their background.
    hmm so I wikipediaed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_Party

And I got to say I'm less sympathetic to their cause than I was at the beginning. If they are marginalized I can kind of see why.

I believe racially based militia groups probably should be marginalized

maybe point me to articles that paint them in a better light?

The Ten Point Program (original Black Panthers)
    Points 2 and 8 are crazy.

2. We want full employment for our people.

We believe that the federal government is responsible and obligated to give every man employment or a guaranteed income. We believe that if the white American businessmen will not give full employment, then the means of production should be taken from the businessmen and placed in the community so that the people of the community can organize and employ all of its people and give a high standard of living.
    8. We want freedom for all black men held in federal, state, county and city prisons and jails.

We believe that all black people should be released from the many jails and prisons because they have not received a fair and impartial trial.
    Although the new black panthers might not have scared anyone into not voting, I don't think anyone not approved by both the state's democratic and republican parties should act as election observers.

On January 7, 2009, the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) filed a civil suit against the New Black Panther Party and three of its members alleging violations of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 over the incident at the Philadelphia polling place. The suit accused members King Samir Shabazz and Jerry Jackson of being outside a polling location wearing the uniform of the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense, and said "that Shabazz repeatedly brandished a police-style baton weapon
    Thats not ok imo, I am a liberal and would object to conservative groups doint something similar.

Also dont like vigilantism

   

main thing i'm concerned about at this point is that some of these redneck racists and bigots get serious about an assassination attempt or something along those lines. after all, if you manage to successfully bomb the president and the veep, john boehner suddenly becomes president. does that sound like a good idea to anyone?

when obama got elected the first time i read that he immediately started receiving around 4x the 'normal' amount of presidential death threats... and this was during a time when the secret service had suffered personnel cuts and was stretched pretty thin. not sure what the situation is these days, but i certainly hope those guys are ready.

offhand i seem to remember about six public cases of would-be assassins getting nabbed between 2008 - 2012. who knows if the private numbers were higher?

so... reasons for me to be a little nervous with all this mindless hate flowing around.

Please list all recent crimes committed by the KKK.

Voter intimidation?
    Now i've seen it all

Quote Originally Posted by JMT

I totally agree.... I wouldnt say black panthers are angels, or they have no history at all. But when we put them up against the clan? You study world history of terrorist groups and the clan is profiled along with other historic terrorist organizations....

Black panthers are more of a militant 70s black power organization...If you study the 60s & 70s, this was the standard for leftist activism/terrorism.

If you study the clan? they have a history of lynchings... not just lynchings but lynching parties where they would have cut the genitals off the victim, and cut pieces of his body for the kids and families who attened the party to take with them....

that sh*t was on a whole different level... and its documented

and if we are talking about this "new black panther" group?

they havent done anything worth mentioning..especially not on a level that would warrant intense coverage like hannity is giving them...

one of them was ranting and raving at a black polling station (where nobody would be voting for McCain anyway) and this year i hear the guy shown in the Fox video is an official poll worker..

these guys are more valuable for their boogeyman factor than anything else.

& I would suppose that they love it

doesnt mean they are a legit terrorist organization on the level of the clan..
    Last edited by Rasheed1; 11-11-2012 at 02:53 AM.

http://www.zdnet.com/mapping-racist-...om-7000007202/

Interactive map of the racist tweet locations. Huge surprise: most are from the south!

http://geocommons.com/maps/210024

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

I totally agree.... I wouldnt say black panthers are angels, or they have no history at all. But when we put them up against the clan? You study world history of terrorist groups and the clan is profiled along with other historic terrorist organizations....
    I still think it's disingenuous and callous to just shrug your shoulders and say "oh yeah they weren't the greatest guys BUT (insert list of excuses/rationale for them)." I'm not going to compare them to the Klan but you're clearly ignoring the gravity of that organization, what it was about, and what they did.

Adbloock<3