Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: How many players in the league are capable of putting up Kevin Love numbers?

BG if he started chucking threes and learned how to statpad effectively

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

Default Re: How many players in the league are capable of putting up Kevin Love numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    The statisticians in Minny love just handing out stats. Loves numbers will drop if he plays anywhere else
    this right here...Put Anthony Davis on that team he would look like a unstoppable monster.

Banned

Cousins put up 23 and 12 last year. Andre Drummond was averaging like 18 and 18 near the end of the season while shooting above 60%

I'd say Cousins in a couple years and Davis in a bit more. I'd say Blake and LMA too, but I think LMA peaked this season at 23/11, and I can't see Blake's rebounds reaching Love-numbers with DJ next to him.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

how exactly do minny stat keepers add to his stats? assists are the only thing that's subjective...and no shit his #s go down on a better team...could say the same for every player in history...

Quote Originally Posted by NattyPButter
    this right here...Put Anthony Davis on that team he would look like a unstoppable monster.

Pretty delusional to think the statisticians are inflating Love's points and rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    how exactly do minny stat keepers add to his stats? assists are the only thing that's subjective...and no shit his #s go down on a better team...could say the same for every player in history...
    The guy's a troll, though rebounds/blocks/steals in traffic are subjective as well, and usually go to stars. Can't imagine it makes a huge difference.

Some turnovers are subjective too...on bad passes, some scorekeepers credit the passer, some credit the recipient.

They are so determined to hate Love they arent even making sense anymore.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    The guy's a troll, though rebounds/blocks/steals in traffic are subjective as well, and usually go to stars. Can't imagine it makes a huge difference.

Some turnovers are subjective too...on bad passes, some scorekeepers credit the passer, some credit the recipient.
    i doubt anybody is seriously saying his 0.5 blocks or 0.8 steals or 2.5 turnovers are inflated by stat keepers....

And the vast majority of rebounds are not debatable...sometimes when the ball is tipped or grabbed by 2 people at the same time i guess...but not significant enough to severely inflate somebody's stats

i doubt anybody is seriously saying his 0.5 blocks or 0.8 steals or 2.5 turnovers are inflated by stat keepers....

And the vast majority of rebounds are not debatable...sometimes when the ball is tipped or grabbed by 2 people at the same time i guess...but not significant enough to severely inflate somebody's stats
    Was just speaking in general. I don't think the effect statkeepers have on rebounds is a huge deal, just pointing out that it does exist.

I think Love is a borderline top 5 player in this league, and he's very unique/valuable in terms of skillset.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Taj Gibson?
    he's probly thinking this Gibson.

OP? James could do it if he played the 4 beyond any doubt I have.

Nobody else today's league can do it. Dwight hasn't got the skill to do it, I doubt he ever did.

Last guy I saw dominate in the paint at that level was Shaq but even he wasn't as motivated on rebounds. Kevin Garnett came real close tho.

And remember, those guys had to watch helplessly while their teams got crushed year after year, just like Love. Shaq got swept in playoffs SIX TIMES. Are they stat padders too?

Kevin Love is epic in the paint, guys.
    He's been playing nearly at Moses Malone level for 2 seasons now (remember Love's hand blew up on him, that knuckle head...... and he had to really work through his shooting form because he came back too soon). And when Moses really got rolling, he started displaying MVPs year in and year out. Is Love going to get to THAT level? I dunno. Moses elevated considerable in the late 70s/early 80s. Can't wait to see what happens with Love tho!!

When y'all gonna wake up on the fact of K Love?