Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 07-31-2008, 03:24 AM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Default reshaping the roster- this cant be it...can it?

the its not april fools day statement seems so fitting right now- this entire offseason has been completly baffling

nobody could ever do this on purpose right? there has to be more coming- i cant figure out where this is going, but this cant be it can it? cutting salary is one thing- giving your team no chance is a different story

IF the "plan" is almost complete AT LEAST 1 of the 3 ?co gm's? would have to have already quit or have been fired- there is absolutly no way that more than one person could be on the same paige concerining the moves made to this point- there is no way that all of these guys would stay on the same sinking ship

i saw something where since kmarts arrival he and nene have each played in 40 some percent of the nugget regular season games- NOBODY could be stupid enough to not back them up w something stronger than birdman & steven hunter- COULD NOT BE LOGICAL TO ANYONE unless you are trying to embarrass yourself

at point gaurd there is no chance that you would KNOW that you are going to again play a guy who is nowhere near the same talent level as the rest of the rotation- NOBODY w any basketball mind would want the most important position in bball filled by an inferior player right?

i want to give these guys credit & think they are waiting for someone to sign jr to a mle deal and then match, but it really sounds like they are planning to bring jr back for 1 last year- if jr signs a 1 year qaulifying deal it is a done deal that he is in his last few months at the shortest and his last year as a nugget- NOBODY could be stupid enough to want to give away jr could they?

signing jr smith at half the price of a luol deng or okafor or at the same or slightly less than a guy like petruis or jammer nelson is a gift- there is no logical way to not jump all over a deal like that for a guy like jr- another team really should notice how stupid we are and steal him- i think signig jr at a full mle has a very good chance at working

the coach still having a job is the most unexplainable part- the guy didnt even try to do the job he gets paid very well for- any one of u would be fired from our jobs if we gave the same effort karl does- this is almost the scariest part imo

my question is- do you all believe that these 5 guys( kroenke, wark, chapman, berup & karl) are REALLY THAT STUPID? are they just getting started or almost done? two or three more trades or 1-2 more bargain basement signings?
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:43 AM   #2
Geandily
Local High School Star

Default Re: reshaping the roster- this cant be it...can it?

I agree with most of their moves so far other than the decision to keep Karl around. So in response to your question: yes they are that stupid
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:11 AM   #3
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
I agree with most of their moves so far other than the decision to keep Karl around. So in response to your question: yes they are that stupid

you really agree with giving away our two most consistant bigs and best team players and getting ready to give away jr as well? & not even replacing camby or najera? how do you compete in the nba when you will be using broomfields frontcourt "if" nene & or kmart happens to go down?

do you really believe in the future cap reasoning? what else could have you agreeing? how will the nugs ever have capsace unless jr & or klieza is allowed to walk? dont we have to renounce them to get the salary cap space next year? is there really a better way to spent 10-12 million than locking up jr & kleiza? we are talking about both of them together for 5 years for what iverson & kmart make in a season & a half- i just dont see how we can think capspace until kmarts deal ends

geandily if you see something that makes you feel good then im all for it- i just really wonder what it is right now?
Old 07-31-2008, 06:57 AM   #4
GUS DIDDLES
Can barely lace up my sneakers

no there is no chance in hell there is to little money its so obvious to me that stan has not idea what he is doing he's practically just giving money to k mart and nene if stan was serious about winning he would have started to reshape two years ago and wouldn't have traded for ai and melo would be just like lebron plus we would of had money (which we dont have now) to rebuild around melo with consistent players who both show hustle on D but on offense as well, karls problem is that he's coaching a bunch of hogs how dont run back on D camby was the only Defensive we had and we gave him away to build on nothing
dont get me wrong i eat sleep and breathe denver but it frustrates me that everyone associated with the nuggz apart from the loyal fans doesnt feel the same.
pce gussie
GUS DIDDLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUS DIDDLES
rebuild around melo

very well put & i agree w your thoughts

building around melo is the most logical thought ever imo, and they have never tried it- i still believe that nearly every move since his arrival has been despite carmelo instead of to complement him- nugs have completely avoided the draft and have just kept adding veterans w new contracts or something else to prove, or just plain bad fits to match carmelo's game
Old 07-31-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

I believe that the coaching staff, not just Karl, have a lot to prove to us (the fans) than the players do because a run and gun offense will not win us games especially when your not playing defense. The coaches need to coach the players, especially defensively.

I believe getting Chris Andersen and Balkman was a step towards rebuilding the bench after losing Najera, and Kouba. Both players play defense and are scrappy offensively.

IF the front office is smart they will either get us a decent point guard or center, as well as to re-sign Jr.

What is the hold up with Jr anyway, give him a long term contract and money that will satisfy him. IF the organization doesn't think he is worth it just tell him and let him go elsewhere.
Don't be stringing him along like you did to Melo, and they disrespected Camby because he didn't even get contacted about the trade.

You wonder if the Organization even wants to build around Melo because there is not much progress especially with out a point guard and the pg is the quarterback of the team.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:20 PM   #7
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

looks like the NUGGETS are in desperation mode, they are cutting cost left and right but falling father away from the playoff picture in the WEST. i'd like to think they got a plan, some key free agents they got their eyes on, something in store. cuz as it stands they are headed a$$backwards...

Last edited by ThyGreatOne : 07-31-2008 at 09:28 PM.
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:02 PM   #8
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

with jr signed i still think this must just be the beginning of the offseason- there is no chance that this roster is used right?

ac/atkins
iverson/JR/weems/jones
melo/kleiza/balkman
kmart/birdman
nene/hunter

2 pgs? 4 bigs? 7 guys at the 2 spots that our best players play? that is throwing the season if not changed

keeping quite may actually mean something will happen imo- real trades like shaq to phoenix or artest to houston werent ones talked about by everybody & their brother- they just happened- should anybody be suprised if one day a big trade just happened? that roster is set up to fail or to be shaken up- their is no way you can logicaly think otherwise-

d-leaguers will start double digit games in the frontcourt and in a division with HUGE backcourts the nugs might average 6'0????

the trades arent done- they cant be
Old 08-24-2008, 05:13 PM   #9
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
with jr signed i still think this must just be the beginning of the offseason- there is no chance that this roster is used right?

ac/atkins
iverson/JR/weems/jones
melo/kleiza/balkman
kmart/birdman
nene/hunter

2 pgs? 4 bigs? 7 guys at the 2 spots that our best players play? that is throwing the season if not changed

keeping quite may actually mean something will happen imo- real trades like shaq to phoenix or artest to houston werent ones talked about by everybody & their brother- they just happened- should anybody be suprised if one day a big trade just happened? that roster is set up to fail or to be shaken up- their is no way you can logicaly think otherwise-

d-leaguers will start double digit games in the frontcourt and in a division with HUGE backcourts the nugs might average 6'0????

the trades arent done- they cant be

The Bolded stiffs, are the ones that GOT TO GO.
Bring in a guy like Andre miller to run the point or Jkidd, Delonte, SOMEBODY...
And they need some more bigs, especially when their starting 2, are the most injury prone and the back up 2, Steven is a stiff that never plays more than half the game, and a guy in Birdman who hasnt played in the nba for years...

I dont understand why they have AC&Atkins... These guys suck... Ok for a 3rd stringer but for your starter ? ? ?

C'mon...

I like AI& This team has too many me 1st players on it...
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:26 PM   #10
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

I still think a big trade is gonna happen
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #11
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar

That's only 13 players, so that definitely won't be our final roster; not enough players.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:26 PM   #12
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
The Bolded stiffs, are the ones that GOT TO GO.
Bring in a guy like Andre miller to run the point or Jkidd, Delonte, SOMEBODY...
And they need some more bigs, especially when their starting 2, are the most injury prone and the back up 2, Steven is a stiff that never plays more than half the game, and a guy in Birdman who hasnt played in the nba for years...

I dont understand why they have AC&Atkins... These guys suck... Ok for a 3rd stringer but for your starter ? ? ?

C'mon...

I like AI& This team has too many me 1st players on it...

kidd always has been and still is my #1 choice to play pg of nugs, just wonder if next year as a fa is the only chance at him- i dont think we could trade back for andre?

i really like the other name you threw out delonte west- & he is just sitting there as a fa ready to be scooped up without trading anybody- to me while west isnt the perfect ideal pg he would do very well in denver and at worst be an ideal #2 pg for a real contending team

your last statement is very strange sounding until i rethink it a couple times and reaize i agree 100% with the second half of it- maybe change the & to a but and it sounds much more logical and id agree with the whole sentence

** & what have you got against kleiza? he is the only player you bolded w any trade value & i hope he isnt traded- the guy makes what? under 2 mill and is an importantpeice to he future, to me that is a near untouchable trade peice unless he brings huge return

Last edited by CaptainOwlClub : 08-24-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:11 AM   #13
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar

We need to take a risk and sign Shaun Livingston. He's cheap and word has it he's been playing full 5 on 5 games. He's pretty injury prone, but then again who isn't injury prone on the nuggets? He gives us good size at the point, he's got great court vision, and above all, he plays defense.

Doooooo iiiiiiitttttttttt!!!!
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: