Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Get the fvck over the draft lottery.

How does Cleveland get so lucky? 3 #1's

Not upset at how it played out. Always felt top 3 was as good as 1 or 2. I was worried about landing 4 and 5. Wiggins Embiid Parker, one will be a Sixer and I'm alright with that. Not totally high on either player. But Cavs can't screw this one up. I wonder who they take because you can argue for Embiid or Wiggins.

I also wonder if Parker could surprise and go above either before sixers pick?

Good luck Cavs I hope your selection actually pans out.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Honestly the NBA had to give the first pick to one of the West lottery teams, I mean if you can't make the playoffs in the East you just completely fail at basketball. Making the playoffs in the West you got to win like 50 games or very close to it and the West had 8 of the best 10 teams in the playoffs and the Suns and Timberwolves probs would have been better than quiet a few of the East playoff teams.

Seriously give it to a team that actually needs it not one that's already had like a insane amount of top 3 picks already. You shouldn't need the #1 pick to be a playoff team in the East teams like the Jazz/Kings needed this way more moving forward and neither has had a top 3 pick in ages (well Jazz have but Kantar is garbage).

That's just garbage the NBA needs to put some rule in place where you can't reward someone for being garbage honestly I would love a rule if you get a top 5 pick you can't have a lottery pick for the next 3 years that way shit teams like the Cavs/Kings/Jazz/Bucks/76ers are forced to trade and actually develop and not rely on being shit to get them players in the draft.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 05-21-2014 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    meh, if the cavs took Len same result.

If the cavs took Porter same result.

If the cavs took Cody Zeller same result.

If the cavs took Noel, who the f*ck knows.

The cavs were not about to draft their 3rd 6'3'' guard in 3 years.
    Is it fair to say Cavs would be in the same position if they took Noel last year? I mean he didn't play at all this season, and while Bennett had a horror start I would presume if you took him out and added nobody they're still going to end up more or less in the same boat, except with an excuse of sorts because their number one pick was out ala Griffin in his first year.

Although I'd still be a lot more excited by a Cavs future featuring Irving, Waiters, Noel and one of Parker/Wiggins (Embiid would probably be off the table in that situation, don't think it'd have the same twin towers allure that Davis/Noel had for the 5 seconds that dream was a reality for me). I know Bennett has gotten better since his first few weeks but he still doesn't strike me as a superstar like Noel could be

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Honestly the NBA had to give the first pick to one of the West lottery teams, I mean if you can't make the playoffs in the East you just completely fail at basketball. Making the playoffs in the West you got to win like 50 games or very close to it and the West had 8 of the best 10 teams in the playoffs and the Suns and Timberwolves probs would have been better than quiet a few of the East playoff teams.

Seriously give it to a team that actually needs it not one that's already had like a insane amount of top 3 picks already. You shouldn't need the #1 pick to be a playoff team in the East teams like the Jazz/Kings needed this way more moving forward and neither has had a top 3 pick in ages (well Jazz have but Kantar is garbage).

That's just garbage the NBA needs to put some rule in place where you can't reward someone for being garbage honestly I would love a rule if you get a top 5 pick you can't have a lottery pick for the next 3 years that way shit teams like the Cavs/Kings/Jazz/Bucks/76ers are forced to trade and actually develop and not rely on being shit to get them players in the draft.
    Please, if there's any team who has drafted worse than the Cavs based on draft position in recent year, it's the Kings. They have quite literally gone no where in the last 5, arguably 6 seasons.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Please, if there's any team who has drafted worse than the Cavs based on draft position in recent year, it's the Kings. They have quite literally gone no where in the last 5, arguably 6 seasons.
    We have had zero top 3 picks, the Cavs have had 4 or 5, two of our top 5 picks are quality players in the NBA in Tyreke Evans and DMC. Big difference drafting 7-15 than it is 1-4
    Last edited by andremiller07; 05-21-2014 at 08:29 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

"This is the last year we'll be in the draft lottery." -Dan gilbert

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    Should have traded the pick then rather than waste it on a useless sack of shit.
    We tried trading it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Dat moment when you realize you are going to Cleveland or Milwaukee.

Celts are right where they statistically had the best chance of being, so no shock there.

But that Cleveland thing...

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    Should have traded the pick then rather than waste it on a useless sack of shit.

Easy to play armchair GM but what most people on here don't realize is that it take two to tango. The cavs did try though.

What GM in their right mind would trade up for last year's number 1?

I mean c'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by bigt
    Is it fair to say Cavs would be in the same position if they took Noel last year? I mean he didn't play at all this season, and while Bennett had a horror start I would presume if you took him out and added nobody they're still going to end up more or less in the same boat, except with an excuse of sorts because their number one pick was out ala Griffin in his first year.

Although I'd still be a lot more excited by a Cavs future featuring Irving, Waiters, Noel and one of Parker/Wiggins (Embiid would probably be off the table in that situation, don't think it'd have the same twin towers allure that Davis/Noel had for the 5 seconds that dream was a reality for me). I know Bennett has gotten better since his first few weeks but he still doesn't strike me as a superstar like Noel could be

Bennett did get a lot better he had some decent games but he went down with a knee sprain or something.

Even if Noel was healthy he wouldn't have gotten much burn on Cleveland's team last year. He's a very raw prospect, i like him a lot, and i like him a lot pre draft. His weight is scary though. 206 pounds at the combine and he was 220ish at kentucky. He's gonna get pushed around a lot. I wish him the best though and I do think he has a very high ceiling.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    If you get a #1, #2, #4 over the course of a bad stretch, fine, especially if your team set out strategically to land those, including trading players for picks that worked out. But 3 #1s is unheard of, and to do it by pure luck after your shitty team failed to make the playoffs with a pretty good roster? Just insane.

Imagine if Clippers had Griffin (2009), but then lucked into Irving 2 years later, followed by Anthony Davis. There would be no excuse for them to not be a championship contender.
    Right...it's hilarious how butt-hurt Cavs fans don't get it.

It's not hard. NBA fans that aren't Cavs fans don't want a shit franchise like them to get all these players. Why? Because they have a history of being a shit franchise and not putting pieces around elite players.

We don't want to see a franchise that lucked into one of the 8 or so best players ever...and could only give him Mo Williams in 7 years....get 3 number 1 draft picks. It would be like this for other teams. The Wolves haven't made the playoffs in what seems like forever...and they've had KG and Kevin Love.

So what's the point? You get KG and can't do shit. You get Kevin Love and can't do shit. You get Lebron and you can't surround him with shit.

Just seems pointless. These shit franchises continue to get pick after pick...and they don't do anything with them half the time.

That is why fans are upset. If some improbable thing was going to happen...we wanted it to be for a team like the Suns or something. That would make the league better. Not giving a shit franchise another great pick.

As a NBA fan...hopefully they turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Right...it's hilarious how butt-hurt Cavs fans don't get it.

It's not hard. NBA fans that aren't Cavs fans don't want a shit franchise like them to get all these players. Why? Because they have a history of being a shit franchise and not putting pieces around elite players.

We don't want to see a franchise that lucked into one of the 8 or so best players ever...and could only give him Mo Williams in 7 years....get 3 number 1 draft picks. It would be like this for other teams. The Wolves haven't made the playoffs in what seems like forever...and they've had KG and Kevin Love.

So what's the point? You get KG and can't do shit. You get Kevin Love and can't do shit. You get Lebron and you can't surround him with shit.

Just seems pointless. These shit franchises continue to get pick after pick...and they don't do anything with them half the time.

That is why fans are upset. If some improbable thing was going to happen...we wanted it to be for a team like the Suns or something. That would make the league better. Not giving a shit franchise another great pick.

As a NBA fan...hopefully they turn it around.

i don't see what separates the suns from the timberwolves and the cavs. What have the suns accomplished? Having Amare walk from them for nothing? Trading for old shaq?

People seems to forget that the NBA has the fewest amount of different teams winning a championship, and apparently on ISH if your franchise hasn't won one, you are a sh*t franchise.

I suppose... But as non-Cavs fan, if they do select what turns out to be a HOF type player with their first pick, it'd be frustrating and a bit pointless to watch said player accumulate stats on non-contending Cavs teams before bolting to a shiny big market.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    i don't see what separates the suns from the timberwolves and the cavs. What have the suns accomplished? Having Amare walk from them for nothing? Trading for old shaq?

People seems to forget that the NBA has the fewest amount of different teams winning a championship, and apparently on ISH if your franchise hasn't won one, you are a sh*t franchise.
    What separates them?

They didn't get Lebron and then surround him with nothing for 7 years. The Suns got Nash, Amare, Marion...and a group of quality role players as well for years.

They clearly built more around Amare than the Cavs did around Lebron....it's not even remotely close.

But that isn't even really the point. The Suns didn't get 4 number 1 picks in 11 years.

Nobody cares about this if the Cavs do something with this latest one now. We want them to. We want them to be good. We want to see more quality teams.

That is what this is about. The more quality teams...the more fun the NBA is. And we rightfully are worried that a franchise like the Cavs that seem to always screw it up...is going to screw it up again and we are worried we are going to see really good young players wasting away in Cleveland.