Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Gamecube Top 25 (as told by GameInformer)

1. Resident Evil 4
2. The Legend of Zelda series
3. Super Smash Bros. Melee
4. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
5. Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
6. Metroit Prime series
7. Super Mario Sunshine
8. Viewtiful Joe series
9. Mario Kart: Double Dash
10. Soul Calibur II
11. Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
12. Beyond Good and Evil
13. Animal Crossing
14. Pikmin series
15. SSX 3
16. Skies of Arcadia Legends
17. Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero
18. F-Zero GX
19. Prince of Persia series
20. Ikaruga
21. Super Monkey Ball
22. Killer 7
23. Timesplitters 2
24. Tales of Symphonia
25. Luigi's Mansion
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Gamecube Top 25 (as told by GameInformer)

I'm not responsible for the groupings, I copied that straight out of the issue.

But I see 6 rehashes involving original NES characters, and I'm no expert on the subject, but at least 8 titles that were either exact copies, or introduced from characters from another system's titles. Which leaves a possible 11 original titles. (could be less, I don't claim to be an expert on which games were out on which systems, as I would never have looked for "Super Monkey Ball").

Mathius
Old 01-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil 0 (the remake was also sweet but I'll count it as multi plat)
F Zero GX
Metroid Prime 1 & 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes
Zelda Windwaker
Zelda Four Swords
Waverace Blue Storm
Super Smash Bros. Mele
Super Monkey Ball 2
Paper Mario 2
Pikmin 1 & 2
Animal Crossing
Star Wars Rouge Squadron 2 (3 is badass if you do co-op but the ground missions....)
Baten Kaitos
Baten Kaitos Origins
Battalion Wars
Donkey Konga 1 & 2
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
1080 Avalanche
Mario Kart Double Dash
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Strikers
Mario Super Star Baseball
Mario Party 4-7
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Assault
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Tales of Symphonia
Wario Ware
Wario World
Luigi's Mansion
Beach Spikers Volleyball
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Naruto 1 & 2

thats from the other thread. dunno why you made a new one for this b/c the PS2 and Xbox (and PS3 and 360) are all just as guilty as the GCN for having games that are either sequels to older games or are cross platform.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
thats from the other thread. dunno why you made a new one for this b/c the PS2 and Xbox (and PS3 and 360) are all just as guilty as the GCN for having games that are either sequels to older games or are cross platform.

Yeah, but they also have a crap load of other great games that are original. Seriously.

I posted the list because I said I would in response to Sonic R saying he couldn't list 25 games.

And I didn't put it in that thread because that's not what that thread's about, something YOU seem to keep ignoring. The whole point of that thread was to ask about the future of PS3, but we've got you defending the Wii and Gamecube, and Mrofir defending the XBox. It's gotten ridiculously off topic.

Mathius
Old 01-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #5
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

you cant discuss the life on one system without talking about the others.

besides, threads evolve all the time.

BTW, I bested the 25 exclusive games no sweat.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #6
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
you cant discuss the life on one system without talking about the others.

Uh yeah, but you can do it without turning it into a contest.

Quote:
besides, threads evolve all the time.

There's already an XBox vs. PS3 thread, there's a gamecube thread, etc. etc. etc. Nice justification for trying to make it about your own agenda.

Quote:
BTW, I bested the 25 exclusive games no sweat.

I'm happy for you. Do you feel better now?

Mathius
Old 01-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #7
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Uh yeah, but you can do it without turning it into a contest.

There's already an XBox vs. PS3 thread, there's a gamecube thread, etc. etc. etc. Nice justification for trying to make it about your own agenda.

I'm happy for you. Do you feel better now?

Mathius

you are the one turning it into a contest. in hour head anyway. i never viewed any of that as a one up the other guy game.

and waaa waaa waaa. sorry, but like I said, threads tend to evolve. deal with it.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #8
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

1. Resident Evil 4 ported to PS2
2. The Legend of Zelda series only Wind Waker is exclusive
3. Super Smash Bros. Melee
4. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
5. Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
6. Metroit Prime series
7. Super Mario Sunshine
8. Viewtiful Joe series ported to PS2
9. Mario Kart: Double Dash
10. Soul Calibur II multi-platform
11. Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes actually a remake of a PSX game
12. Beyond Good and Evil multi-platform
13. Animal Crossing
14. Pikmin series
15. SSX 3 multi-platform
16. Skies of Arcadia Legends originally a Dreamcast game
17. Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero RE is a remake, RE0 is exclusive
18. F-Zero GX
19. Prince of Persia series multi-platform
20. Ikaruga originally NAOMI/Dreamcast game
21. Super Monkey Ball
22. Killer 7 ported to PS2
23. Timesplitters 2 multi-platform
24. Tales of Symphonia
25. Luigi's Mansion
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:03 PM   #9
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Couple of game I like that didn't make their list:

Billy Hatcher
Pac-Man VS. (best with other players)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (best with other players)
Cubivor
Bust a Move 3000
Baten Kaitos

All the above are 3rd party GCN exclusives

and some first party games that I liked:

Battalion Wars
Chibi Robo
Super Mario Strikers
Odama
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:44 PM   #10
kentatm
NBA Legend

ahh i forgot Billy Hatcher. really good game butit was so damn kiddie with its presentation it surely put off many people.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: