Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 05-31-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default If Heat buy a first round draft pick...

Who would you get?

Apparently the Hornets (#21) are one of a couple non-lottery teams looking to sell their first round pick. (link). My guess for the other teams looking to sell their picks would be the Jazz (#20) & the Mavs (#22)... since all 3 teams will be facing luxury.

Since this is a weak draft for Cs, it would have to be a PG . As much as I dislike the idea of two young players in the backcourt causing turnovers and making mistakes... it makes the most sense of getting better if the Heat is not going to spend the mid-level exemption.

Jeff Teague (PG) and Eric Maynor (PG) , would make a solid prospect, but getting Jrue Holiday (PG) or anyone lower would be a waste.

What do you guys think? Who do you guys like out of the draft picks slated to go 20 or later?

Last edited by beasted86 : 05-31-2009 at 02:46 PM.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:48 PM   #2
OJMayoDaFuture
I Go Hard In The Paint

OJMayoDaFuture has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If Heat buy a first round draft pick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Who would you get?

Apparently the Hornets (#21) are one of a couple non-lottery teams looking to sell their first round pick. (link). My guess for the other teams looking to sell their picks would be the Jazz (#20) & the Mavs (#22)... since all 3 teams will be facing luxury.

Since this is a weak draft for Cs, it would have to be a PG . As much as I dislike the idea of two young players in the backcourt causing turnovers and making mistakes... it makes the most sense of getting better if the Heat is not going to spend the mid-level exemption.

Jeff Teague (PG) and Eric Maynor (PG) , would make a solid prospect, but getting Jrue Holiday (PG) or anyone lower would be a waste.

What do you guys think? Who do you guys like out of the draft picks slated to go 20 or later?

This Guy Is Spitting Da Truth I Would Take Holiday Just Cuz I Seen Maynor Before 20th But I Kinda Think Teague Might Slide cuz some teams might get other PG's Before Teague Looks Like I Good Fit In Miami Tho Styll
OJMayoDaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:21 PM   #3
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: If Heat buy a first round draft pick...

So what is your ranking of the PGs available?

1. Teague
2. Holiday?
3. Maynor?

I like Holiday's defense... but nothing else. I see him as a very inconsistent player as a rookie... similar to Mike Taylor.

If somehow Teague or Maynor drops down that low... either would make a solid backup PG on the Heat.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: