Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Back 2 Back Champion Pistons Appreciation Thread

[COLOR="Blue"]Tha Back 2 Back champion Detroit "Bad Boy" Pistons are tha best Pistons teams of all time. After Magic and Lakers and Bird and Celtics had their back and forth title winning rivalry going on. Tha 1988-1990 bad boy pistons have won 2 titles straight as being the toughest team in tha league at tha time that even gave Young Jordan fits. These teams was led by legendary Isiah Thomas, and Joe dumars with help from laimbeer and rodman. This team will be forever remembered as one of tha best teams of all time winning in a very tough east and defeated very tough teams of tha west.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]What do you appreciate about these teams? [/COLOR]

Last edited by Real14; 05-21-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Default Re: Back 2 Back Champion Pistons Appreciation Thread

I appreciate Scott Hastings going into the Bulls locker room and boobie trapping that whole mug. That man was laughs.

NBA lottery pick

We're going to have to appreciate what the teams did in the past, because we're not going to have another contender for a while.

Decent college freshman

I don't agree. I think we're a couple moves away if we do it right, now that we have the right guy running the show. Great hire with BOwer too

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

SVG demonstrated we can have a top seeded team building around a Franchise level Center. I believe we have that in Dre. It's now a matter of tweaking his supporting cast to compliment the game style SVG has in mind.

I think we can be successful with a move or two and good coaching / growth of our players.

NBA lottery pick

That's one core person. All of these championship contending teams have at least a one/two punch. It's more than a couple of moves right now. Detroit still needs starters lol. I want starters then I'll worry about a supporting cast.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    That's one core person. All of these championship contending teams have at least a one/two punch. It's more than a couple of moves right now. Detroit still needs starters lol. I want starters then I'll worry about a supporting cast.
    I think Drummond/Monroe is your core. I think they can be similar to a team like Memphis with a core like that. They need a strong perimeter player to compliment them though. Just gotta keep filling in 3 and D guys around them.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    I think Drummond/Monroe is your core. I think they can be similar to a team like Memphis with a core like that. They need a strong perimeter player to compliment them though. Just gotta keep filling in 3 and D guys around them.
    Funny thing is Monroe is probably going to be traded. So we're going to trade a core piece? As much as I'd rather see Smith go somewhere I think it's going to end up being Smith/Drummond and they'll probably get a perimeter player for Monroe eventually.

Decent college freshman

[QUOTE=dd24]Funny thing is Monroe is probably going to be traded. So we're going to trade a core piece? As much as I'd rather see Smith go somewhere I think it's going to end up being Smith/Drummond and they'll probably get a perimeter player for Monroe eventually.[/QUOTE

Very little chance Monroe is traded. We'll either sign him or he'll walk most likely. Sign and trades are pretty rare. You'd have to find a team who wanted and needed him, who was willing to pay him and who was wiling to give up assets that we wanted. We'd also have to take back equivalent salary from that team. If they already had the cap space, they'd just sign him outright.

I am ok with either scenario though. You get Smith to the 4 and you have a very good defensive frontcourt. Smith is still a very good 4 defensively. That leaves you with enough cap space to sign something like Ariza and either Stephenson or Lowry. That gives you a ton of athleticism and defense all over the court.

With Monroe, hopefully we could trade Smith(even if just for cap space) and still add an Ariza type.

NBA lottery pick

Very little chance Monroe is traded. We'll either sign him or he'll walk most likely. Sign and trades are pretty rare. You'd have to find a team who wanted and needed him, who was willing to pay him and who was wiling to give up assets that we wanted. We'd also have to take back equivalent salary from that team. If they already had the cap space, they'd just sign him outright.

I am ok with either scenario though. You get Smith to the 4 and you have a very good defensive frontcourt. Smith is still a very good 4 defensively. That leaves you with enough cap space to sign something like Ariza and either Stephenson or Lowry. That gives you a ton of athleticism and defense all over the court.

With Monroe, hopefully we could trade Smith(even if just for cap space) and still add an Ariza type.
    Very little???? I'm not just saying a sign and trade. They can sign him, keep him for half the season and still trade him. And in the case of a sign and trade, no we wouldn't necessarily need to take back an equal salary. If a team is below the cap they can take on the salary as long as they don't go above the cap. There's a lot of teams with space that are interested in Monroe. At that point we would need to decide if we are going to match or not. I'm sure we will but if it's more than the front office wanted to spend then it would be a sign and trade scenario. I don't see another full season with our big three of Smith, Drummond, and Monroe again. So even if it's the deadline if they can't move Smith, it's Monroe.

NBA lottery pick

Oh and this Ariza stuff.... he's not going to get this team to a championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop it!!!!! He's a 4th or 5th option. This team doesn't have a 1st option yet. Drummond, for as much promise as he's shown, isn't a #1 option on a team yet. They don't even run plays for him. So we need another big time player before we start signing role players to high dollar multi-year deals.

Decent college freshman

Very little???? I'm not just saying a sign and trade. They can sign him, keep him for half the season and still trade him. And in the case of a sign and trade, no we wouldn't necessarily need to take back an equal salary. If a team is below the cap they can take on the salary as long as they don't go above the cap. There's a lot of teams with space that are interested in Monroe. At that point we would need to decide if we are going to match or not. I'm sure we will but if it's more than the front office wanted to spend then it would be a sign and trade scenario. I don't see another full season with our big three of Smith, Drummond, and Monroe again. So even if it's the deadline if they can't move Smith, it's Monroe.
    No team with cap space is going to give us assets.

Trading him at next year's deadline is a different scenario. It is almost impossible that he will be traded before then. The rules and the moving parts involved make it too difficult to pull off.

Decent college freshman

Oh and this Ariza stuff.... he's not going to get this team to a championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop it!!!!! He's a 4th or 5th option. This team doesn't have a 1st option yet. Drummond, for as much promise as he's shown, isn't a #1 option on a team yet. They don't even run plays for him. So we need another big time player before we start signing role players to high dollar multi-year deals.
    We could wait a long time for a true #1, superstar type. If we are going to build around a concept of Monroe and Drummond being max caliber players, then we need to surround them with shooters and our SF would ideally be athletic and strong on defense.

I'd love to snag Stephenson though as I think he has the upside of a #1 option.

NBA lottery pick

We could wait a long time for a true #1, superstar type. If we are going to build around a concept of Monroe and Drummond being max caliber players, then we need to surround them with shooters and our SF would ideally be athletic and strong on defense.

I'd love to snag Stephenson though as I think he has the upside of a #1 option.
    I have no interest in paying Stephenson the 13 million he wants. He's not ever going to be a #1 option. I love that he plays hard and he's a good defender but he's not a guy who should get more than 10 million. It sounds like a BG signing all over again.

NBA lottery pick

No team with cap space is going to give us assets.

Trading him at next year's deadline is a different scenario. It is almost impossible that he will be traded before then. The rules and the moving parts involved make it too difficult to pull off.
    So you really think that Monroe, Smith, and Drummond are going to play an entire season together again?