Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 02-21-2009, 03:23 AM   #16
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: I just balled for 75 minutes straight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81
I play in a small amater league and we hit 100 now and again in 48

Theres a difference between amateur league and open gym. Lets say you are at a gym thats packed, no way you are gonna wait for dudes to play a 75 min game.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:20 PM   #17
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Theres a difference between amateur league and open gym. Lets say you are at a gym thats packed, no way you are gonna wait for dudes to play a 75 min game.

What has that got to do with how many points they score?
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:06 PM   #18
Splitz77
Good High School Starter

Splitz77 has decent reputation

Thats a pretty low score for 75 minutes straight.

I go up to the gym monday - friday at 7:00 PM and ussually stay until about 8:30-9:00 PM..

We almost always only play to 21, go get a water break if we need one, then go back switch up teams and play again and again and again, until were tired.
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:12 PM   #19
Odomize

100 points in 75 minutes are not low on full court pick-up bball. I often see college teams score only 50 points in 40 minutes. You gotta factor in that in pick up bball people most likely doesn't have as much stamina, a lot slower, shoot a lot worse, can't dunk, have people who like to dribble for minutes at a time, plus you can do as many fouls as you want. Add tiredness to the equation, and 100 points is pretty high.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:52 AM   #20
JonnyBigBoss
I airball my layups

JonnyBigBoss has an OK reputation so far

I played 3-4 hours on Tues/Thurs. I play 1 hour 20 minutes for my bball class and then I play afterward with friends.
JonnyBigBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:03 AM   #21
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81
What has that got to do with how many points they score?

Your playing a official league game with refs I understand when the score gets to 100 there. Its ridiculous to score 100 pts when your playing a pickup game at the park
Old 02-22-2009, 06:04 AM   #22
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitz77
Thats a pretty low score for 75 minutes straight.

I go up to the gym monday - friday at 7:00 PM and ussually stay until about 8:30-9:00 PM..

We almost always only play to 21, go get a water break if we need one, then go back switch up teams and play again and again and again, until were tired.

Thats what im saying. Unless you rented the gym for you and some buddies, I doubt that you will able to go to any park where they will let you play a 75 min pickup game lol
Old 02-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #23
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Your playing a official league game with refs I understand when the score gets to 100 there. Its ridiculous to score 100 pts when your playing a pickup game at the park

It's easier to score in pickup games than in a league.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #24
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

A few times I have played for around 3-4 Hours straight. It would start out as a game, and then people would leave and others would come and the game would just continue on. It's a lot of fun.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #25
supersmashbros
Good college starter

supersmashbros is considered somewhat coolsupersmashbros is considered somewhat cool

I usually just play half court. Not only because I do lack in the ability to get up and down the court continuously, but my friends are unwilling to (due to the same reasons). I play about 3-4 times a week, whenever possible, at my local gym which is only a few minute of walking away!
supersmashbros is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: