Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-25-2006, 03:08 PM   #1
trueknickfan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

trueknickfan has an OK reputation so far
Default Malik Rose

This is my first time on here, I was just wondering do you guys think Malik Rose has any trade value! If so should we trade him, he really doesn't have a role on our time, other than bootleg ast coach
trueknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueknickfan
This is my first time on here, I was just wondering do you guys think Malik Rose has any trade value! If so should we trade him, he really doesn't have a role on our time, other than bootleg ast coach

ehh... doesnt have trade value. he plays d and hits some shots but his contract is to big....
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 04:12 PM   #3
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I don't think he has any trade value. He is past his prime(if he ever had one) and is not in shape. But he provides a veteran presence desperately needed on this team right now.

For a veteran he makes some dumb fouls and terrible passes. He hits some shots but takes one's out of his range instead of passing, usually because there is nobody to pass to.

So no I don't thin anybody would want him unless they were desperate for a big body due to injuries.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 04:34 PM   #4
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

He has no trade value, and he gets paid alot; that being said, we shouldnt trade him. He plays defense, has a cool head, and gives veteran leadership, you cant put a price tag on that.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:55 PM   #5
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
He has no trade value, and he gets paid alot; that being said, we shouldnt trade him. He plays defense, has a cool head, and gives veteran leadership, you cant put a price tag on that.

I agree. The only value I'd give him is that of a latter round late pick. Maybe that of another scrub like him. Nobody would be crazy enough to pick him up though. He should do the Knicks and the fans a favor and retire so he can take care of his restaurant in San Antonio full time.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 06:15 PM   #6
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

The only thing we can do with him is package him in a trade. Possibly send Rose and Francis over to Detroit for Carlos Delfino, Amir Johnson, and a 1st rounder
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 06:24 PM   #7
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers
The only thing we can do with him is package him in a trade. Possibly send Rose and Francis over to Detroit for Carlos Delfino, Amir Johnson, and a 1st rounder
Would love to........but wont happen.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:42 PM   #8
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:

Wouldn't that be a sweet one. They wouldn't get squat though. Francis would be out of the question with Billups there. The backups are pretty good as well.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #9
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Yeah. Maybe we could send Rose and Crawford over to the Utah Jazz for Ronnie Brewer and a 1st round pick
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:49 PM   #10
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Yeah. Maybe we could send Rose and Crawford over to the Utah Jazz for Ronnie Brewer and a 1st round pick

That could work. But for a second rounder. Mayber Giricek that is a bench warmer instead of Brewer.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:25 PM   #11
PatCummingsFan
I airball my layups

PatCummingsFan has an OK reputation so far

If we traded Malik, he would probably be part of a package deal involving one of our younger players, so I dont see him going anywhere soon !
PatCummingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:14 PM   #12
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Yup, imagine if the Knicks completed the Frye for Gooden deal?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: