Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Should The Knicks Regret the Carmelo Trade?

I think absolutely not, but I want to know what you guys think now. As time moves on and I get less and less emotionally attached to the likes of Gallo and Felton, I think it was a pretty great trade for the Knicks. What do you all think?

Default Re: Should The Knicks Regret the Carmelo Trade?

I don't think you can ever regret the trade that gets you back into the playoffs after a long drought.

Not even close- the question should be do the nets regret not giving up brook lopez for Carmelo to pair w dwill

Michael Jordan of ISH

Knicks lost the deal but they shouldn't regret it.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    I don't think you can ever regret the trade that gets you back into the playoffs after a long drought.
    well, they were probably in the playoffs anyway, but I think the Carmelo + Amar'e Knicks have contender potential if they can make some tweaks whereas the Amar'e + others Knicks had a somewhat lower ceiling.

I think great players win championships and we needed ourselves a great player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    They were already playoff bound with the pre-Melo group.

But in the long run, it's a good trade. They now need to put good supporting cast around Melo and Amare.

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    I think absolutely not, but I want to know what you guys think now. As time moves on and I get less and less emotionally attached to the likes of Gallo and Felton, I think it was a pretty great trade for the Knicks. What do you all think?
    On one level, yes, because the Nets got Deron Williams for less than what the Knicks gave up for Melo. It might have been where the Knicks could have kept Gallinari and gotten Williams.

On the other hand, the Knicks are finally a respectable team again after having several very bad seasons.

Next summer they will have cap space to build around two superstars, which is not a bad position to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    They were already playoff bound with the pre-Melo group.

But in the long run, it's a good trade. They now need to put good supporting cast around Melo and Amare.

Wow big fail on my part I wasn't even thinking about the pre melo- Amare mvp era. Major brain fart

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    On one level, yes, because the Nets got Deron Williams for less than what the Knicks gave up for Melo. It might have been where the Knicks could have kept Gallinari and gotten Williams.

On the other hand, the Knicks are finally a respectable team again after having several very bad seasons.

Next summer they will have cap space to build around two superstars, which is not a bad position to be in.
    the Nets package was much better than the Knicks, and there's no way the Knicks could have gotten either DWill or Melo without giving up Gallo because he's the only young guy from the Knicks with serious potential. I don't think the Jazz would have even called up the Knicks; that package wasn't that great.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    Knicks lost the deal but they shouldn't regret it.
    yes, because Carmelo is a scrub and Durant >>>>>>>>>>>> Carmelo. We get it.

Michael Jordan of ISH

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    yes, because Carmelo is a scrub and Durant >>>>>>>>>>>> Carmelo. We get it.
    i never said that carmelo was a scrub, but he's a boarderline top 12 player and not a superstar that can win a championship by himself.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Of course not. It's Carmelo Anthony. The second best small forward, a top 10 player and the best scorer in the league.

[color=white] COME AT ME JOYNER MFER!! [/color]

i never said that carmelo was a scrub, but he's a boarderline top 12 player and not a superstar that can win a championship by himself.
    There is no current superstar that can win anything by himself. In the last 30 years, only Hakeem and Duncan have done it "by themselves"

Kind of a useless standard to compare it to.

Decent college freshman

Okay, I regret taking the bait on this one. We're not having the umpteenth Durant versus Carmelo discussion in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Of course not. It's Carmelo Anthony. The second best small forward, a top 10 player and the best scorer in the league.

[color=white] COME AT ME JOYNER MFER!! [/color]
    You don't need Joyner to point out the mistakes in the post. He's not the best scorer, he's the most versatile, he's the third best small forward not the second best.

Lastly though, he is a top 10 player, fighting for that 10th spot with Deron, but he arguably wins that fight.