Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-15-2012, 04:44 AM   #1
I.R.Beast
National High School Star

Default Celtics We need more Points from Rondo

we need him to score more and assist less. At some point offense needs to come from somewhere else. He's fast as shit, can by almost anyone, what he lacks in ability to finish through contact he makes up for in craftiness around the basket, he should use it to score more points. This team is disgusting to watch now. If only we hadnt traded marshon brooks away draft night.
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
Foster5k
College star

Default Re: Celtics We need more Points from Rondo

Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

U know ur team sucks when not keeping Marshawn Brooks in the draft was the answer
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Here's the bad news (that shouldn't be news to anyone): The Celtics have no shot at the Championship this season. None. So we have to figure out what the new goal is for the season. Do we just have the team win as much as possible, hopefully sell tickets, and we fans cheer whatever that leads to? Should Ainge accept whatever trade he's offered that maximizes this season's wins regardless of future impact? Well, let me just reduce the focus to Rondo, since that's what this topic's about. What are you thinking he can do offensively?

Is Rondo going to average 30? 25? 20? He's not that kind of player, what makes him special on offense is his court vision and passing ability. He should take open jumpers but it's not good for his own development or his team for him to go out there trying to be Iverson. How many shots do you think he'd need to take per game to average 24? Understand that it's not just going to be proportionate to FG attempts. As he becomes more of a volume scorer he'll assume more of the volume scorer's flaw. For example, those guys get to tired driving to the basket all game long, so they settle for a jumper some possessions. But does he have a jumper you can settle for yet? And his FT shooting is still weak, so can he make a living on the FT line? I'm just not seeing this.

What Rondo needs to do is continue the improvement we've seen in his jumper, not change his style. Real improvement for the team will come with work on the overall roster, not Rondo trying to be someone he isn't. Rondo can be the smart ballhandler that gets the ball to the right guy and plays great d for a Champion. But he's not going to be scoring 26, not on a good team.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
JohnnySic
green is good

Quote:
U know ur team sucks when not keeping Marshawn Brooks in the draft was the answer
Lots of teams passed on Brooks. Hindsight.
JohnnySic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: