Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Being muslim and wearing a hijab while using skinny jeans..

Something that always makes me confused is this stupidity.

It's very common in Sweden and I've seen alot of it in the UK and some in the US as well.

Muslim women who wear the hijab while also wearing skinny jeans. It's the most stupid thing ever and it doesn't make any sense at all. It's one thing if you're forced to wear the hijab while living in a muslim country where it's a must to do so. But women who live in free and democratic countries who wear the hijab for religious purposes, what sense does it make to wear skinny jeans with your booty all out while hiding your hair..

Default Re: Being muslim and wearing a hijab while using skinny jeans..

they are forced to wear one by their parents

Haha, the example you showed isn't even that bad. It's actually more confounding here in Chicago. Go walk around Devon ave. and you'll see women wearing the hijab while dressed relatively provocatively. I mean everything is usually covered, but you can can see their figure which completely defeats the purpose of the hijab lifestyle. I mean don't get me wrong, women can wear what they want and it's fine by me, but it's obvious that most chicks who wear it do so to show how they're different and somehow better than the rest. My wife used to wear it too but stopped doing it because she felt it was hypocritical unless you're going all out.

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    they are forced to wear one by their parents
    I don't buy that. No parents would make the chick wear the hijab but let her wear tight clothes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I see it no differently than hypocrites in other religions. How many Christian church goers follow every thing they learn in church? Most people pick and choose what aspects of their religion they will follow. For some of these women, it is a moral compromise they make with themselves. And yes, there can be major family and parental influences too, and those parents may make the compromise of letting their daughters wear the tighter clothes they want to wear as long as they still wear their hijab.

Why is this an issue again?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I see it no differently than hypocrites in other religions. How many Christian church goers follow every thing they learn in church? Most people pick and choose what aspects of their religion they will follow. For some of these women, it is a moral compromise they make with themselves. And yes, there can be major family and parental influences too, and those parents may make the compromise of letting their daughters wear the tighter clothes they want to wear as long as they still wear their hijab.

Why is this an issue again?
    Personally I'm not religious and I couldn't care less about religion but I do still respect people no matter what religion they believe in.

And this is not a try to knock on muslims or Islam, I just find the hypocrisy to be hilarious. And I don't believe in parental influence when it comes to this, wearing really tight and revealing clothing while covering your hair, really? That doesn't make sense.

Don't forget caking on makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Personally I'm not religious and I couldn't care less about religion but I do still respect people no matter what religion they believe in.

And this is not a try to knock on muslims or Islam, I just find the hypocrisy to be hilarious. And I don't believe in parental influence when it comes to this, wearing really tight and revealing clothing while covering your hair, really? That doesn't make sense.
    I hear you about just pointing out the hypocrisy.

I totally believe the parental influence thing, because I've seen it. Like I said, many parents make compromises and only fight the battles worth fighting. I can see the hijab being more important to Muslim or Islam parents than tight clothes because if you convince them to wear the hijab, they will likely wear it for life. The tight fitting clothes will only likely remain in their youth. The parents can view that as a fad while the hijab remains. The hijab is also for more than just modesty. It is also a veil to separate humans from God. That part remains true to them even if they are not dressing modestly otherwise. It is also symbolic overall for their values.

Banned

Any religion which holds back people is a dumb religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapallaz
    Any religion which holds back people is a dumb religion.
    Now that I agree with. But good can come from their religion as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Now that I agree with. But good can come from their religion as well.
    Of course. But for every great thing to come from religion (arts science etc) as many awful things have happened.

Banned

Having said that, I have a hard time mentioning great things which came from the Islam these past 50 years.

Of course. But for every great thing to come from religion (arts science etc) as many awful things have happened.
    Having said that, I have a hard time mentioning great things which came from the Islam these past 50 years.
    I was thinking more on an individual basis rather than on a grand scale. Religion gives many purpose, feelings of happiness, hope, additional motivation to be good people, etc. This includes Islam. Most Islamic people are just as good of people as most Christians, Jewish people, Atheists, etc.

I'm not a fan of most organized religions and the systems they create because people use them as justification for hate and judgment, but it can be great for people individually.

I myself am agnostic by the way.

NBA rookie of the year

But to be fair Islam has been hi-jacked plenty of times by different regimes and leaders all over the world, like Iran.

With that said I'm still not a big fan of Islam or any other religiion but it's important to be fair when it comes to criticism.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    But to be fair Islam has been hi-jacked plenty of times by different regimes and leaders all over the world, like Iran.

With that said I'm still not a big fan of Islam or any other religiion but it's important to be fair when it comes to criticism.
    Hijacked by idiotic leaders of popular among uneducated/moronic masses... Either way Im not a fan of whats happening the past 10 years, seems like the extremes are getting extremer. Same happened with Christianity, Protestants, Catholics etc. it will be a mess when shit hits the fan again.