Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 03-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default You guys would like Steve Francis on your team?

Seems like the Cavs do. Your team isn't playing that bad. If the Knicks buy him out they say they'll pick him up. Are they that desperate?
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:48 PM   #2
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: You guys would like Steve Francis on your team?

Francis is my favorite player so i'm all for it I guess...just for a chance to see him play more

From a Cavs fan perspective then I guess it might work too. Right now the Cavs have no second scoring option really, and we need a PG who wants to run. Francis can do both of those.

Honestly as a Francis fan i'd rather see him go back to Houston or something, but if he came to Cleveland i wouldn't object.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:20 PM   #3
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

if we can get him for cheap, i got no prob wit him being on the team. if it works out, he'll be a good complement to lebron and hughes, if not, bring him off the bench to try to get some scoring.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
Aidan
Both Teams Play Hard.

Aidan has decent reputation

I think the last thing the cavs need right now is Steve Francis. Sure the guy can score some nights, but he doesn't seem willing to acept that he jus ain't the star player. For example, Francis seems to freeze Eddy Curry out of the game when both are on the floor. Lebron getting far fewer shots sounds rather bad to me.

I'd far sooner see the Cavs pick up Steve Blake, who unlike his name sake, is a true point guard who passes superbly well, and can score too. The money saved could also been spent on another big man, at least one who could score.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:45 PM   #5
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

I keep saying this, but nobody listens or else doesn't want to hear it.

Unless the Cavs make a trade, or Z retires or something, the Cavs don't have money to sign anyone.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...cavaliers.html

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:32 PM   #6
Aidan
Both Teams Play Hard.

Aidan has decent reputation

Hmm, im not a cavs fan, but i didn't think they had used thei mid level exception? I could be completely wrong, i'm just wondering.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:13 PM   #7
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Steve Francis could be a low-risk/high-reward pickup for the Cavs. I think he could manage playing in uptempo system with Lebron. He's definately an upgrade over Daniel Gibson.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:24 PM   #8
KZ_23
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KZ_23 has an OK reputation so far

I dont think Francis would fit in nicely on the cavs. He is too selfish of a player and thinks he needs the ball all the time. However, it doesnt seem that Lebron minds sharing the rock at anytime anyways.
KZ_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:33 PM   #9
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation here

Steve Francis will fit in the Cavaliers System
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:46 PM   #10
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZ_23
I dont think Francis would fit in nicely on the cavs. He is too selfish of a player and thinks he needs the ball all the time. However, it doesnt seem that Lebron minds sharing the rock at anytime anyways.

I don't think he's a good half-court playmaker... but thats ok because thats not what the Cavs need. They just need somebody who can knock down some shots and run the break. I'd bet he'd get around 14/6 with 43% shooting on the Cavs.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #11
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

gettin Steve Francis would be bad fo us...
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:08 AM   #12
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
gettin Steve Francis would be bad fo us...

Because... I hate people who have one liners and think they have explained everything in just that little one sentence. Please, people explain why you think stuff.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:58 PM   #13
jordan23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius

I keep saying this, but nobody listens or else doesn't want to hear it.

Unless the Cavs make a trade, or Z retires or something, the Cavs don't have money to sign anyone.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...cavaliers.html

Mathius
When will you stop posting?

"Woe is us, the Cavs suck, we will win nothing, did I mention we are going nowhere?"

Youre like teh negative side of a magnet.

Do something positive once in a while you anti-Cavs buttmuscle.

Mathius
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: