Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Magic Johnson

Default Re: Allen Iverson Retires

it's very hard to defend iverson. he was a scapegoat in detroit, regardless of what people say, that team was going to implode. as for the memphis situation, well, you really can't defend his actions. i would like to see him go out on a better note, but unless a championship caliber team suffers multiple backcourt injuries i don't think he'll have a chance to play again. sad, but like i said earlier, partly his fault.

The final and greatest insult reflecting on Iverson's worth isn't that the bad teams don't want him for his fanboy revenue. The good teams wouldn't touch him with a bar of soap, because of his worth as a player and person.

The real Allen Iverson has been portrayed nicely over the past two years. It's not about basketball, it's about getting your own and feeding your ego.

sad to see, 34 years old and he still hasnt grown up

National High School Star gpfanz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnieMac06
    as per Steven A. Smith, appearing as I speak, on Fox Sports Radio's Chris Myers-Steve Hartman show. Expect an official announcement later today.

edit:Now some kind of source.
    He proved me right by sticking to his ME MYSELF AND I mindset

Knicks 2010 Champs

Default Re: Iverson Retiring...

BUT, on the plus side. His all-star spot will finally go to someone that actually deserves it.

owwwww

Too early imo. Could have easily killed a couple more franchises.

Sad day in sports if he never returns. While I havnt always been a fan of his game, I still have a great deal of respect for his accomplishments over his career. Its really a sad way to go, but he did this to himself. He didn't need to end like this. In all honesty, he choose the way he was going to end his career. At some point in your career, you likely will face the reality that you are not the player you once were. AI never realized this. Credit him for believing in himself, but there is a sense of perception and a sense of reality he must figure out.

But lets not make this a AI bashing thread, I really am not trying to do that. He has accomplished a lot in his career and really got the most out of his size, ability and skill. One of the most potent scorers ever and it was really a marvel to have watched him in his prime. Its really a shame bc he will likely be remembered for how he ended his career rather than what he accomplished. He is not one of the best little man scorers of all time, he is simply one of best scorers of all time. Lighting quick first step and crossover. I don't think there was a guard who wasn't crossed by AI who played significant ball.

Quote Originally Posted by iggy>
    sad to see, 34 years old and he still hasnt grown up
    That says it all!!!!

He should go talk to Spreewell.

Knicks 2010 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Too early imo. Could have easily killed a couple more franchises.
    It's funny how this idiot worships the ground Kobe walks on, but hates on Iverson when they've both been very similar players their whole careers except Kobe got Phil, Shaq, and Gasol/Odom/Bynum/Artest where AI got Eric Snow, Aaron Mckie, and an old Mutombo.

edited....

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    Really? Name me 3 skills Iverson possesses. I'm timing you. Go.
    shooting stealing and running [COLOR="White"](from police)[/COLOR] ooooohhhhhh SERVED!

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Tho I wish he would have took a lesser role does nobody else here respect the fact that he's only willing to win on his own terms? It may not be that smart but says something about him. He clearly doesn't want to win being a bench player and I can respect that.

The last season and a half, AI singlehandedly ruined his legacy. If he just came off the damn bench and helped a team with instant offense, he would still have a great legacy. Don't know if a team like Boston or San Antonio will want him in February, but the fact that they weren't looking for him over the summer speaks volumes. Any respect I had for AI is gone. Tremendous indivdual talent, amazing heart, but HUGE ego and not an ounce of humility in him.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate
    The last season and a half, AI singlehandedly ruined his legacy. If he just came off the damn bench and helped a team with instant offense, he would still have a great legacy. Don't know if a team like Boston or San Antonio will want him in February, but the fact that they weren't looking for him over the summer speaks volumes. Any respect I had for AI is gone. Tremendous indivdual talent, amazing heart, but HUGE ego and not an ounce of humility in him.
    I wouldn't go that far .. he's deff hurt his legacy but he's still going to be a 1st ballot HOF'er and still remembered as one of the best scorers\players of all time.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

AI=top 25 all-time. I hope he comes back...