Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2777117124125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1937
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
    You should definitely hop on Kentucky's bandwagon. They will rape the SEC, LSU included
    hopping on a bandwagon for a team like kentucky is bordering on sin.

You know how the rest of the NBA felt when Miami teamed up with each other? That's Kentucky in college basketball next season.

Don't get me wrong, they have always been disliked. So has UNC, Kansas, duke, etc... It comes with the territory of winning and I would still venture to say duke is the least liked program by the general population, even since Cal has been in Lexington. But not next year.

They will be exciting, though, on many different levels. Feels like half the college basketball world thinks they will be unstoppable while the other half thinks they are a mishandled ego away from the biggest team implosion in recent memory.

And, personally, I feel like it is a potential turning point in the landscape of college basketball if Kentucky wins it all or goes up in flames.

i dont follow recruiting that much, and i konw their recruits are all top prospects, but are they really that exciting as players? just pure entertainment factor? the harrison twins both just seem skilled and pover powering, like joe johnson, not that exciting. randle is just big and bruising, skilled, but not exciting.

will they actually be fun to watch?

I don't know who watched the Hoop Summit with the playoffs on, but that German PG and Dante Exum are really good... Exum is an NBA player. Curious to see if he holds on that wants to play PG or if he will end up a combo. Good size either way.

To those who complain about all-star games, this one is for you. Set plays, ball movement, defensive intensity. Refreshing.

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    You know how the rest of the NBA felt when Miami teamed up with each other? That's Kentucky in college basketball next season.

Don't get me wrong, they have always been disliked. So has UNC, Kansas, duke, etc... It comes with the territory of winning and I would still venture to say duke is the least liked program by the general population, even since Cal has been in Lexington. But not next year.

They will be exciting, though, on many different levels. Feels like half the college basketball world thinks they will be unstoppable while the other half thinks they are a mishandled ego away from the biggest team implosion in recent memory.

And, personally, I feel like it is a potential turning point in the landscape of college basketball if Kentucky wins it all or goes up in flames.
    I really don't understand why anyone would think it would "go up in flames", but whatever

Kinda wondering why Roy never even really gave Exum the time of day since both of Exum's parents went to UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Kinda wondering why Roy never even really gave Exum the time of day since both of Exum's parents went to UNC.
    He was very impressive, I'm thinking his offer sheet might get a little nicer after this game.

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    I really don't understand why anyone would think it would "go up in flames", but whatever
    You never seen anyone comment on the potential chemistry issue? The Harrisons playing a bit selfish (which even scouts have admitted) and Randle, a PF who loves the ball in his hands, has an extremely demonstrative on court demeanor. The potential clash between returnees and the freshman who think they are better?

Not saying it happens. I don't think it will. But you really haven't heard that before? I see it pretty frequently.

You never seen anyone comment on the potential chemistry issue? The Harrisons playing a bit selfish (which even scouts have admitted) and Randle, a PF who loves the ball in his hands, has an extremely demonstrative on court demeanor. The potential clash between returnees and the freshman who think they are better?

Not saying it happens. I don't think it will. But you really haven't heard that before? I see it pretty frequently.
    I do see it pretty frequently, I just don't understand it. Seems like some pretty strong reaching to me, I'm sure they'll get along fine.

Honestly, it's likely just wishful thinking from some who don't want Kentucky to win it all with that class. Add on what happened last season with this animosity and that is the conclusion they get.

Again, I don't believe it will happen. I actually think Cal does a good job at handling egos. Although I do think there will be a point next season where Kentucky doesn't look invincible (which I expect them to come out looking like) and some on court stuff will need to settle itself out.

Something like: UK finds itself on the road, in a hostile environment, giving away a late lead in the second half... Will the Harrison's fallback to nature and try to do it themselves? Does Randle, who is clearly an alpha, isolate the rest of this teammates and do it himself? Which I have seen him do in high school, as I tried following his career when UNC was recruiting him.

All teams with multiple stars go over the exact same situation. Remember when we were discussing who should be taking the last shot with the Heat? That lasted over a season, and unfortunately Kentucky doesn't have that much time to find it's cohesion.

So it will be interesting to watch for. I'm not definitely not cheering for you guys, but I don't expect the aforemetnioned team implosion either.

I don't know who watched the Hoop Summit with the playoffs on, but that German PG and Dante Exum are really good... Exum is an NBA player. Curious to see if he holds on that wants to play PG or if he will end up a combo. Good size either way.

To those who complain about all-star games, this one is for you. Set plays, ball movement, defensive intensity. Refreshing.
    would love to watch the replay. where could i catch it?

same for the jordan brand one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    would love to watch the replay. where could i catch it?

same for the jordan brand one.
    NHS is on ESPN3.com

also it's reairing on ESPNU this morning at 9AM Eastern

im not american so thats of absolutely no use to me. thanks though.

noah vonleh measured 6'9.75 in shoes, with a 7'4 wingspan