Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-21-2015, 02:11 PM   #76
riseagainst
Laker Nation

Default Re: Patriots cheating ("Deflate-gate") confirmed

can someone explain why exactly the Patriots are responsible for this and not the Colts? Or the refs who inspected the balls before the game?

riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:14 PM   #77
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

NFL should have confiscated the Colts balls too

Weather will absolutely affect the balls, ever leave a ball in your car overnight on a cold night? The next morning that shit will be flat. So having 11/12 balls being deflated in the grand scheme of things, doesn't necessarily prove that someone tampered with the balls, to me anyway.

I'm not saying the Pats did or didn't do it (I personally wouldn't bet against them trying to get any edge possible) but you can't only have half the evidence. The Colts balls could have been the control group of balls.

Instead of talking about a clash of two behemoths in the damn SUPERBOWL, we are talking about the balls. NFL steady taking L's this year
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:19 PM   #78
DMV2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke

Weather will absolutely affect the balls, ever leave a ball in your car overnight on a cold night? The next morning that shit will be flat. So having 11/12 balls being deflated in the grand scheme of things, doesn't necessarily prove that someone tampered with the balls, to me anyway.

I'm not saying the Pats did or didn't do it (I personally wouldn't bet against them trying to get any edge possible) but you can't only have half the evidence. The Colts balls could have been the control group of balls.

Instead of talking about a clash of two behemoths in the damn SUPERBOWL, we are talking about the balls. NFL steady taking L's this year
Fair point.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:22 PM   #79
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:

I guess that depends on when they were examined. If they were collected in stored for a while before investigation then they might have had time to warm up. But I have no idea how it all went down and it definitely would have helped to have the Colts balls as a control group.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:39 PM   #80
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

USC got caught doing the same thing against Oregon I think in 2012

Would be interesting to see how they went through that investigation as well
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:26 PM   #81
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Why wouldn't they cheat? They cheated for all their other championships, and the league slapped them on the wrist. I'm sure every team in the league would happily give up draft picks for championships.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:56 PM   #82
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote:

They did. Colts balls were all fine. Besides it isn't possible for temperature changes to have that much of an impact.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:57 PM   #83
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Brad Johnson said that he did the EXACT SAME THING during his career and did the EXACT SAME THING during the Super Bowl...................

and that the NFL never cared one damn bit about it and never said a damn thing about it ever.......

So what, are we going to take away Tampa Bay's Super Bowl championship now?

And for all the trolls that don't believe this, it was also confirmed by Warren Sapp, who also said that they did the same exact thing.

So AGAIN, it is perfectly fine for ANY other team in NFL history to do this, but all of a sudden it is some kind of crazy conspiracy if the patriots did it...........

Even after now we have,

Rodgers
Eli
Brad Johnson

etc.

all saying it is standard to do this and Rodgers even straight out bragging about breaking the rules limit on the pressure in game after game to CBS.

The Patriots need to file about a $100 million lawsuit against the NFL, that Colts reporter and the Colts if they get punished in any way for this.

Last edited by Euroleague : 01-21-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:01 PM   #84
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
Sure.

But I'm sure they keep it within the rules.

Rodgers told CBS that he does NOT keep it in the rules. Brad Johnson and Warren Sapp now even said the Bucs did the SAME thing the Patriots are accused of doing and even did so in the Bucs Super Bowl win against the Raiders and that the NFL has never once given a damn about any of this before.

This is the biggest bunch of bullshit ever.

But I guess the New York scumbags fan base think it's "just normal if Tampa Bay does it".............."but cheating if the Patriots do it"

After all both the Jets and Tampa Bay were all also found guilty for "Spygate" by the NFL and yet never once does any scumbag fan from New York ever mention that.

Last edited by Euroleague : 01-21-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:02 PM   #85
tpols
we already won

isnt it easier to carry the ball if its deflated? Way more grip, can run with more power.. no wonder blount went off lol.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:05 PM   #86
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
isnt it easier to carry the ball if its deflated? Way more grip, can run with more power.. no wonder blount went off lol.

I think the biggest plus is for the WRs...catching a soft ball vs. a rock is much easier.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:06 PM   #87
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Rodgers told CBS that he does NOT keep in the rules. Brad Johnson and Warren Sapp now even said the Bucs did the SAME thing the Patriots are accused of doing and even did so in the Bucs Super Bowl win against the Raiders and that the NFL has never once given a damn about any of this before.

This is the biggest bunch of bullshit ever.

But I guess the New York scumbags fan base think it's "just normal if Tampa Bay does it".............."but cheating if the Patriots do it"

After all both the Jets and Tampa Bay were all also found guilty for "Spygate" gate by the NFL and yet never once does any scumbag fan from New York ever mention that.

Rodgers did say he likes to inflate the ball more than they allow, HOWEVER since they allow a 10 percent leeway for being over/under what they allow, it isn't clear that his balls were illegal.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:07 PM   #88
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
The Patriots could have won by 100 and it doesn't matter. The cheating happened BEFORE the game even happened.

So if someone uses steroids but strikes out 4 times it doesn't matter that they took steroids?

They cheated which DQ's them in most professional sports of getting what they want.

The Cowbows used steroids during all of the Super bowls in the 70s and 80s. The Steelers used steroids during ALL of their 4 Super bowl championships in the 80s....

The Raiders used steroids during all of their championships, etc.

Yet never once has a Patriots hater suggested putting an asterisk next to any of those championships, even though it has been confirmed for years that all of those teams used steroids to an almost unbelievable extent.

You will even have huge numbers of comments from trolls like, "I am a Steelers fan and the Patriots titles are all tainted and should be removed", etc. - when 4 of the Steelers championships were won COMPLETELY DUE TO STEROIDS.

Funny how the Patriots haters ONLY mention asterisks and "tainted titles" when it comes to them though. Everything is else is just "fair competition".
Old 01-21-2015, 04:13 PM   #89
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Why do they have stupid rules like team use their own balls? Why not have the league sanction all Footballs for the game with the same exact PSI.

The most absurd thing about all of this is that ESPN actually said..........that if the NFL decides to "punish the Patriots" that after they do that, they agree with everything the Patriots did and will immediately "change the rules" and allow all teams to set the ball pressure to whatever they want.

Just exactly how Rodgers is saying it should be and is bitching and complaining about right now, saying he already breaks the rules on this for every game.

Of course, not one mention about Rodgers being a cheater, or the Packers being punished anywhere...........

Yeah, they actually said that on ESPN. Which only proves that the NFL has always been allowing this and all teams do it, and this is just some kind of media which hunt concocted by the Colts and Patriots haters.

If there was any sort of "cheating" taking place, why would the NFL already say they would immediately change the rules so any team could set the pressure to whatever they wanted for the balls next season?

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in sports history, and surely it is another example of proof that Americans are without any doubt the dumbest people by far in the world.

The media simply says something to them and they believe it. No matter what it is.

Government, politics, military, and now even sports. It is truly pathetic how low American society is.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #90
Kidbasketball20
The Alpha Male of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
The Cowbows used steroids during all of the Super bowls in the 70s and 80s. The Steelers used steroids during ALL of their 4 Super bowl championships in the 80s....

The Raiders used steroids during all of their championships, etc.

Yet never once has a Patriots hater suggested putting an asterisk next to any of those championships, even though it has been confirmed for years that all of those teams used steroids to an almost unbelievable extent.

You will even have huge numbers of comments from trolls like, "I am a Steelers fan and the Patriots titles are all tainted and should be removed", etc. - when 4 of the Steelers championships were won COMPLETELY DUE TO STEROIDS.

Funny how the Patriots haters ONLY mention asterisks and "tainted titles" when it comes to them though. Everything is else is just "fair competition".

Quit skirting the topic dumb ass.

Patriots are the ONLY team getting caught REPEATEDLY (besides the Saints) for direct cheating.

11 of 12 footballs dummy. QUIT BEING DELUSIONAL

Kidbasketball20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: