Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-03-2007, 03:34 PM   #16
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 50 players who ESPN believes will make the Hall

Clinton Portis?

Jeremy Shockey (not saying he's a lock, but he should be on here before some guys that are)?

Charles Woodson?
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:39 PM   #17
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
why should either of them be on there?

Tiki is not a HOFer

They should be on there before Matt Leinart.... or these other cats who might be straight busts in the NFL... How many Andre Ware's and Tim Couch's and Ryna Leaf's do we need to see before we smarten up and and realize that great college career doesnt necessarily translate into a great NFL career...too many busts have occured to not consider that

Quote:
you realize that it took time before they accepted Ivin and he has 3 rings...

Irvin was always a lock and the only reason he didnt go in when Troy Aikman did was because of drug & hooker problems..Everyone knew emmit Michael and Troy were going in though
Old 08-03-2007, 03:43 PM   #18
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
They should be on there before Matt Leinart.... or these other cats who might be straight busts in the NFL... How many Andre Ware's and Tim Couch's and Ryna Leaf's do we need to see before we smarten up and and realize that great college career doesnt necessarily translate into a great NFL career...too many busts have occured to not consider that
yeah but you have to understand that these rookies have a better chance at some of the vets because those vets have already played through thier glory years and proven that they are not HOF material

you are right that one or two of them will probably be busts or get injured but they still have a better shot at making it then Tiki does becasue Tiki has ZERO chance

Charles Woodsen has ZERO chance

this list is missing Deven Hester though....Hester already has the all time return record and is YOUNG AS HELL

Hester should be there
Old 08-03-2007, 03:51 PM   #19
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
yeah but you have to understand that these rookies have a better chance at some of the vets because those vets have already played through thier glory years and proven that they are not HOF material

you are right that one or two of them will probably be busts or get injured but they still have a better shot at making it then Tiki does becasue Tiki has ZERO chance

Charles Woodsen has ZERO chance

Tiki Barber definitely has a chance to make the hall... I think Ronde does too..

I havent seen as much of woodson as I have of the 2 barbers, but I have seen enough to say he has a shot too.. Tiki's career is over and he definitely has a shot...Ronde and Woodson still have a few years and they could do it with another great year or two
Old 08-03-2007, 03:58 PM   #20
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Tiki Barber definitely has a chance to make the hall... I think Ronde does too..

I havent seen as much of woodson as I have of the 2 barbers, but I have seen enough to say he has a shot too.. Tiki's career is over and he definitely has a shot...Ronde and Woodson still have a few years and they could do it with another great year or two
Woodsen is considered to be somewhat of a bust

although he had a really good year last year....maybe his best year

he is no HOFer though

and I don't think Tiki has a chance at all...he doesn't have enough under his belt
Old 08-03-2007, 04:09 PM   #21
Ol Dirty Bastard
Local High School Star

Ol Dirty Bastard has not been impressing people

ESPN has lost their minds
Ol Dirty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:34 PM   #22
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

List is dumb. ESPN just trying to create hype for the football season.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:36 PM   #23
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Shouldnt Randy Moss be higher? Seems like he definitely should.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:36 PM   #24
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Stevie
List is dumb. ESPN just trying to create hype for the football season.
right now ESPN is stuck with baseball

it is thier job to entertain us with sports...

it is this time of the year that stuff like this comes out for the simple fact that thier is nothing else for them to talk about.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:45 PM   #25
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

AJ Hawk? I love my OSU buckeyes, but a bit premature to declare him hall-worthy.........
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:51 PM   #26
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
this list is missing Deven Hester though....Hester already has the all time return record and is YOUNG AS HELL

Guys like him don't have a good shot at the hall. Brian Mitchell is #2 all-time in all-purpose yards, but will he make the hall? Nope. It's like that for punters and kickers which is why I'm surprised they have Vinatieri up there. The hall doesn't have love for guys who excel on STs.

I'm not a fan of McNabb, but he's much more deserving to be on there than most of the guys they have on that list. Hell, guys like Brees and Rivers are more deserving than both Young and Leinart. The list involves way, way too much speculation. I'm not surprised to see so many USC players on there. ESPN has never been afraid to showcase their overwhelming love for all things USC. For their "10 big names who won't be Hall of Famers" list they should have just put "Didn't play for USC" under each player's name. Why in the hell is Freeney at 16? He's played just 5 seasons and he had injury problems last year.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #27
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Guys like him don't have a good shot at the hall. Brian Mitchell is #2 all-time in all-purpose yards, but will he make the hall? Nope. It's like that for punters and kickers which is why I'm surprised they have Vinatieri up there. The hall doesn't have love for guys who excel on STs.

I'm not a fan of McNabb, but he's much more deserving to be on there than most of the guys they have on that list. Hell, guys like Brees and Rivers are more deserving than both Young and Leinart. The list involves way, way too much speculation. I'm not surprised to see so many USC players on there. ESPN has never been afraid to showcase their overwhelming love for all things USC. For their "10 big names who won't be Hall of Famers" list they should have just put "Didn't play for USC" under each player's name. Why in the hell is Freeney at 16? He's played just 5 seasons and he had injury problems last year.
agreed..

for Hester to make it he is going to have to excell in other areas....true

as for Brian Mitchell...he should be in...under-rated

I am betting that he will be in some day
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: