Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Bulls interested in Tom Izzo?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

This would be an interesting choice. Izzo has never coached in the NBA, and we all know how Tim Floyd fared, but it seems unfair to compare Izzo to Floyd right off the bat. I think Rick Carlisle would be the best choice of the available options, but I hadn't really thought about grabbing a coach from the college ranks. What do you guys think?
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:32 AM   #2
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Bulls interested in Tom Izzo?

Hire Carlisle. Experienced NBA coach that will put a good staff together. Getting a college coach is just too risky.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

yup, i agree.......hire carlisle........i like larry brown a lot but since he's getting old, he might not be considered as a long term solution.......

this is off topic, but it just crossed my mind since we're talking about coaches.......i wonder what eddy curry and jamal crawford felt like when new york was considering scott skiles since skiles kinda got them traded from chicago.....if skiles went to ny, i wonder if he would've traded curry and crawford to another team.....hahahaha........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 is considered somewhat coolDengness9 is considered somewhat cool

I do not want Rick Carlisle. I've said it once and I'll say it again, he doesn't have a good close relationships to his players. Carlisle has the basketball coaching knowledge and experience to be a good coach, but the Bulls need someone they can really connect with. I'm looking for father/son type relationships from whoever Paxson hires. I mean that seriously because these Bulls need re-motivation, someone who can SERIOUSLY help return the pride/drive these guys had 2 seasons ago. The Bulls clubhouse turned pathetic with players and coaches feuding, and just overall individuals with a lost team concept. It needs to be family in that locker room and I promise Carlisle is not the guy to make that happen. I also don't like the fact that every year Carlisle's teams are in the playoffs, they have done worse every year moving forward.

I don't even know yet what coach out there is going to be the one to best bring the still young Bulls together as family and help a lot of these guys mature, because they obviously need help in that department. Paxson should and most likely will wait atleast a month to 2 months to hire somebody, unless the right guy is there and he needs to scoop him up before another team does.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far

I wouldnt mind if we got Avery Johnson. He's got toughness, experience, not afraid to voice his opinion, and he relates well to the players. I know he's got a big mouth and a southern accent, but he's still a good coach.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:54 PM   #6
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
I do not want Rick Carlisle. I've said it once and I'll say it again, he doesn't have a good close relationships to his players. Carlisle has the basketball coaching knowledge and experience to be a good coach, but the Bulls need someone they can really connect with. I'm looking for father/son type relationships from whoever Paxson hires. I mean that seriously because these Bulls need re-motivation, someone who can SERIOUSLY help return the pride/drive these guys had 2 seasons ago. The Bulls clubhouse turned pathetic with players and coaches feuding, and just overall individuals with a lost team concept. It needs to be family in that locker room and I promise Carlisle is not the guy to make that happen. I also don't like the fact that every year Carlisle's teams are in the playoffs, they have done worse every year moving forward.

I don't even know yet what coach out there is going to be the one to best bring the still young Bulls together as family and help a lot of these guys mature, because they obviously need help in that department. Paxson should and most likely will wait atleast a month to 2 months to hire somebody, unless the right guy is there and he needs to scoop him up before another team does.

Well if the Bulls were keeping the same team I'd agree but if you think this team is going to look the same next season I think you've got another thing coming. I can really see this Bulls team with pretty much a whole new roster. No more re-motivation it's time to get rid of Deng, Gordon, Hinrich, etc. for that right player, if possible.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: