Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-28-2012, 02:07 AM   #16
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: the more than epic 'cloud atlas' trailer/footage has leeked, is back up, for now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Honestly this doesn't look that good. It looks pretty weird. Up until The Davinci Code I didn't think Tom Hanks had ever been in a bad movie. Now, I'm skeptical with any movie he makes.

Also, what is epic about that trailer exactly? I can't even make out a plot and when your trailer doesn't even present a story line how can a movie look good?

It reminds me of that weird movie Babel and Crash rolled into one. I hope this gets great reviews because I'm not seeing this based on this trailer.

it looked like a mix of like 5 different movies.
i had no idea what was going on.

someone just give a quick plot line of somthing.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:14 AM   #17
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: the more than epic 'cloud atlas' trailer/footage has leeked, is back up, for now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
it looked like a mix of like 5 different movies.
i had no idea what was going on.

someone just give a quick plot line of somthing.

Yeah I was going to throw in The Time Machine too. The multiple realities or time travel that goes on in this movie.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:58 AM   #18
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm not impressed by the trailer. Too sappy/emotionally themed for my taste. Hope others like it, but I don't have high expectations.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:38 AM   #19
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Interest isn't really piqued. But it does have Jim Broadbent, so that's a plus.

Also, Halley Berry is 45 ****ing years old. Jesus Christ.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #20
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

From what I understand, the novel has 6 different storylines and each of them end halfway only to be continued in the next one through an observer. Anyways, I'm pretty excited for this movie and will probably try to squeeze in the time to read the book before the movie is out.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #21
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mazel Tov, Lana Wachowski.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:37 AM   #22
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Honestly this doesn't look that good. It looks pretty weird. Up until The Davinci Code I didn't think Tom Hanks had ever been in a bad movie. Now, I'm skeptical with any movie he makes.

Also, what is epic about that trailer exactly? I can't even make out a plot and when your trailer doesn't even present a story line how can a movie look good?

It reminds me of that weird movie Babel and Crash rolled into one. I hope this gets great reviews because I'm not seeing this based on this trailer.

story is so over emphasised as being the most important quality of film making, i think people forget that film is a visual medium, there are more important/deeper/subtextual ideas that can be conveyed through image and composition. most of the deeper/more artistic and philosophical films don't neccesarily focus on story at all. I'm not saying having less of a story is better than more but often the very best films are looser narratively. ironically i think mainstream cinema is where film is at its most subserviant to narrative.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #23
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Has anyone seen this yet? Reviews please...
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:04 AM   #24
falc39
Good High School Starter

falc39 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Has anyone seen this yet? Reviews please...

I saw it last night and loved it. The movie left a deep impression on me.

The movie has it all- action, drama, love, even a lot of humor too. There are six storylines. They were done well and fairly solid. One doesn't stand out from the rest as really good or very bad. One of the storylines is there for comic relief, and it's hilarious.

For some reason a lot of critics didn't really like it. Glad I didn't listen to them. It's a long movie though, about 3 hours I think, and it probably isn't for everyone. But out of all the movies I've seen this year (Batman, Avengers, etc.), this is the one that really made me think/question my own life and the attitude I have toward others.

As a libertarian, it's a plus that some of the major themes had to do with freedom and standing up to oppression. Kind of expected in a Wachowski movie.

Movie has a beautiful soundtrack too...

***mini spoiler***

I was laughing out loud at the soylent green reference... and then later it hit me like a ton of bricks

Last edited by falc39 : 11-02-2012 at 02:09 AM.
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: