Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3845464748495051 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

Oh my god LOL.

Hit FA after winning a title with Miami (3rd year)

Signed a 4 year contract worth $14.14 million per with Portland.

Our starting line-up on opening night:

PG: Me (95 Overall)
    SG: Elliot Williams (70 overall)
    SF: Carmelo Anthony (92 overall)
    PF: Lamarcus Aldrige (84 overall)
    C: Greg Oden (83 overall)

lmaoooooooooooooo

Miami Heat West.
    Last edited by Fiasco; 07-06-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Best part is I didn't even co-ordinate this. ****ing LeBron signed with the Hornets and the Blazers looked like the next best team. ZERO idea Melo signed there, just picked them cause they were paying me da most.

LOL this is ridiculous. I feel so dirty, Melo + Me on the same team.

EDIT: I can't even lose on HOF difficulty with this team. Oh my god. I fouled out of the game and we won 119-89 over the Thunder.
    Last edited by Fiasco; 07-06-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Not sure hitting a game winner on a video game should be this exciting, but it is. I got my regular breather to start the fourth quarter with us ahead of the T-Wolves by two. I came in with about 7:30 left and we were down 93-86. I hit a quick three, we got a stop, and I came down and drove to the bucket and drew a foul. Hit both FTs and it was 93-92. I got hung up helping down on a Beasley drive and he kicked it out to Webster for a three. We didn't score our next possession, and Minny had one of those patented 2K12 dribble down the shot clock to two seconds, throw up a crazy off-balance shot, and make it to go ahead 98-92. Thought we were done at that point since there was only a little over 2:00 left in the game.

Fast forward to the last 30 seconds. We were up two with the ball and I drove and dished the ball to Monroe under the basket. He promptly went into that animation where he jumped into the defender, put himself under the basket, and threw the ball off the bottom of the rim right back in his face. Minny comes down and Beasley hits an up-and-under scoop shot to tie the game with about 15 seconds to go. I go get the ball at the top of the key (somehow got Love on me at this point) and hit my man with a hesitation and I thought I had the corner for a layup, but he recovered and made me stop and pick up my dribble. At this point there's only about two seconds left on the clock so I hit Love with a head fake, and hit an off-balance fader from the elbow to put us ahead 110-108 with 0.3 of a second to go.

Upped our win streak to nine games and I got my first 70 point game with that shot. Finished with 70 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, and shot 25/46, 10/16, and 10/10.

One thing that's really starting to bug me, though, is something I alluded to already. Probably 3-5 times a game the CPU just dribbles down the shot clock to 2-3 seconds and throws up and makes some ridiculous shot. In this game, Beasley had the ball a couple of steps behind the three point line, went into the stepback dribble animation with two seconds on the shot clock, and hit a 30 foot three with a hand in his face. Another time Rubio had the ball at the FT trapped in a double team. Shot clock gets down to two seconds and he jumps into one of the defenders an throws up a crazy off-balance shot, where he was actually throwing the ball from almost his hip, and it went in. Then Pekovic of all people, had two instances where he had the ball around the FT line with the shot clock running down, and made a rushed up-and-under scoop shot where he released the ball like one step inside the FT line.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Not sure hitting a game winner on a video game should be this exciting, but it is. I got my regular breather to start the fourth quarter with us ahead of the T-Wolves by two. I came in with about 7:30 left and we were down 93-86. I hit a quick three, we got a stop, and I came down and drove to the bucket and drew a foul. Hit both FTs and it was 93-92. I got hung up helping down on a Beasley drive and he kicked it out to Webster for a three. We didn't score our next possession, and Minny had one of those patented 2K12 dribble down the shot clock to two seconds, throw up a crazy off-balance shot, and make it to go ahead 98-92. Thought we were done at that point since there was only a little over 2:00 left in the game.

Fast forward to the last 30 seconds. We were up two with the ball and I drove and dished the ball to Monroe under the basket. He promptly went into that animation where he jumped into the defender, put himself under the basket, and threw the ball off the bottom of the rim right back in his face. Minny comes down and Beasley hits an up-and-under scoop shot to tie the game with about 15 seconds to go. I go get the ball at the top of the key (somehow got Love on me at this point) and hit my man with a hesitation and I thought I had the corner for a layup, but he recovered and made me stop and pick up my dribble. At this point there's only about two seconds left on the clock so I hit Love with a head fake, and hit an off-balance fader from the elbow to put us ahead 110-108 with 0.3 of a second to go.

Upped our win streak to nine games and I got my first 70 point game with that shot. Finished with 70 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, and shot 25/46, 10/16, and 10/10.

One thing that's really starting to bug me, though, is something I alluded to already. Probably 3-5 times a game the CPU just dribbles down the shot clock to 2-3 seconds and throws up and makes some ridiculous shot. In this game, Beasley had the ball a couple of steps behind the three point line, went into the stepback dribble animation with two seconds on the shot clock, and hit a 30 foot three with a hand in his face. Another time Rubio had the ball at the FT trapped in a double team. Shot clock gets down to two seconds and he jumps into one of the defenders an throws up a crazy off-balance shot, where he was actually throwing the ball from almost his hip, and it went in. Then Pekovic of all people, had two instances where he had the ball around the FT line with the shot clock running down, and made a rushed up-and-under scoop shot where he released the ball like one step inside the FT line.
    First of all: grats on hitting your first game winner. I did it against Paul Pierce. Felt awesome.

Second: Shot clock cheese is very much an issue in this game, and it was in the 2K11 as well. Your own teammates can abuse it too. I hope they fix it for those of you that are going to buy 2K13... it's very, very game breaking.

I play as a SG and Monta Ellis and Rip Hamilton are the hardest guys to guard in this game. They are constantly running off of two or even three screens and make every shot if they're slightly open. Even if I stay on them, they make half of their shots and I'm a 99 defender. I don't understand why Rip Hamilton is a 3 pointer god and takes 30 shots a game. Last time I played, Monta took 40 shots. It's tiring chasing him around the entire game. Also, my team can't rebound to save their lives. The game is a lot of fun, but some moments really make you pull your hair out.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    I play as a SG and Monta Ellis and Rip Hamilton are the hardest guys to guard in this game. They are constantly running off of two or even three screens and make every shot if they're slightly open. Even if I stay on them, they make half of their shots and I'm a 99 defender. I don't understand why Rip Hamilton is a 3 pointer god and takes 30 shots a game. Last time I played, Monta took 40 shots. It's tiring chasing him around the entire game. Also, my team can't rebound to save their lives. The game is a lot of fun, but some moments really make you pull your hair out.

You do relize rip runs around all night in real life nba game yeah? His always running round screens

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

What graphics are better? PS3 or Xbox? Going to finally pick this game up and not sure what console to get it with. I don't have Xbox Live and PS3 is free online so that's a plus for me. Any glitches on either console with this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    I haven't had much trouble with Rip but the one time I've played Monta, he tore me up. He scored close to 50 on over 50% shooting and shot something like 5/8 or 6/9 from three.

Monta used to tear me up too until I started reading their plays and kept running around the multiple screens to stay close to him, and sometimes even knock the pass out. He basically is forced to take me on 1-on-1, where he actually does a better job at scoring on me, but at least I take the 3 away from him game.

I just played my 38th game and, out of nowhere, Marshon Brooks is now in the top 3-5 toughest guys I've had to guard so far. The Nets ran a lot of pick-n-roll with him and Deron, and I kept getting caught in no man's land, and Deron would kick it to Brooks and he'd either hit a three, or I'd bite on his pump fake, and he'd hit a 15-17 foot pull-up jumper.

They also iso'd him a lot and it got annoying because I'm terrible at keeping my man in front after he hits me with a few hesitation dribbles. He ended up dropping 32 on me and hit five threes. I got the better of him going for 52-8-10-5 on 21/35 shooting. We're 27-11, now, and have won 10 in a row.

So after deciding to find some more competition i decided to make a 7'2" center. Unfortunately i was drafted by the bobcats and i figured why not stay there and see how it goes. The first few games i played on pro and it seemed alright so i switched it up to superstar and oh my god. The overall rating of the whole team including me atm is about like 65... the collective IQ is about 1 . I can be guarded by a PG and they would run away from me and not give me the post, we are always getting blown by 20 points because its the worst team ive played with. My version of 2k doesnt have the drafts due to the lockout so me and rubio is pretty much the only rookies, don't ask why

But if anyone is looking for a challenge get C or PF with the bobcats and play on superstar/HOF is you so desire, hardest thing to do in 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    You do relize rip runs around all night in real life nba game yeah? His always running round screens
    He doesn't jack up at least 30 shots a game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eriX

But if anyone is looking for a challenge get C or PF with the bobcats and play on superstar/HOF is you so desire, hardest thing to do in 2k.
    It's hard to play as a big on any team because the AI is so terrible at running an offense and can't recognize mismatches. They never pass you the ball.

Anyone else like to statpad in this mode ? Aim for quad doubles every game. Wanna be like Neal Bridges

Athletic PF can be fun to play as you're pretty involved in the offense, but yeah overall playing a big man is easy, but sucks if you want your team to win.