Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
       

Default Re: Phone in rice trick

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    This usually works but I had a friend who dropped her phone in a sink full of water, and even after putting the phone in rice it didn't work. But for some reason she cooked the rice first before she put her phone in it.
    good move since those little suckers can get hungry just sitting around in a bag all day.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Phone is fried
    I bought a replacement. Same provider. It's getting delivered. Is all I have to do is switch the SIM card and the phone should start right up?
    Yep.

And I'm pretty sure the "rice trick" is a fools joke. If you get a serious amount of liquid on a phone or electronic handheld, what you do is take out the battery (or shut it down) immediately, wipe it down softly with a cloth, and then let if dry for a good while. Usually you end up with minimum to no damage.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Yep.

And I'm pretty sure the "rice trick" is a fools joke. If you get a serious amount of liquid on a phone or electronic handheld, what you do is take out the battery (or shut it down) immediately, wipe it down softly with a cloth, and then let if dry for a good while. Usually you end up with minimum to no damage.
    which might lead you to conclude that surrounding the phone with materials to aid the dying process might be a good idea, hmn?

Love Live Life

Your sim card could've been damaged since you couldn't call, text, or use the internet.

I've never tried the rice thing but I know for a fact it works. I'm seen plenty of friends do it.