Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Rubio Doesn't Want To Go To Memphis or OKC?

So ..who here reads Catalan and can translate?

http://64.233.161.132/translate_c?hl...9w11UvtpQ-x0LA

that's the google translation
    Last edited by Jinxed; 05-21-2009 at 10:03 PM.

McGee is a hell of a lot to give up to move up 2 spots.

Good High School Starter

Ok here is what the article says in summation.

Ricky wants to be drafted this year, but he might want to stay one more year in Europe to grow as a player. He really wants to experience the Euroleague Final Four which is a big thing for a European basketball player and it will allow him one more year to mature as a player. This is what Rudy Fernandez did, he was drafted, but stayed in Europe for a year before coming over. Marc Gasol did the same thing as well.

In order to pay off his buyout one of two things need to happen. He needs to be selected with one of the top two or three picks in order to get a high enough salary to start paying off the buyout or be selected by a team in NY, LA, Chicago,Celtics who have huge media markets that will allow him the exposure to pay off his buyout with endorsement deals.

I wish the Clips could land both Rubio & Griffin.

Trade assets:

Deandre Jordan
    Minnesota 1st rounder (next years)
    Clips 1st rounder (next years)
    Chris Kaman
    Mike Taylor

Think anything can be done?

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Darius

Trade assets:

Deandre Jordan
    Chris Kaman
    Mike Taylor

They'd have to deal with Memphis or Oklahoma City, neither of which would really be interested. Maybe if you included both picks, Jordan, and a future first rounder or two Memphis would do it because of the money, but I don't know that LA would really want to give up that much.

GiveItToBurrito

Yeah, on Bullets Forever they're talking about ways they could switch in Andray Blatche and either picks or expirers in order to keep McGee.

Trade assets:

Deandre Jordan
    Chris Kaman
    Mike Taylor

Well, we did win the top 2 spots .

In reality, I could see the Thunder being interested in DeAndre, as I see him being a better prospect than Hill and if Rubio ends up available to them, it would mean Thabeet is gone.

DeAndre + Minny First + Protected 2010 Clips First (Lotto in 2010, Top 7 in '11, Top 3 in 2012, Unprotected After) could be something possible? Maybe the rights to Sofo, or Thornton if they want him.

Banned

I agree, espescially when theres not so much to seperate the talent level beetween picks 3-10.

I raved about McGee's potential before and was flamed for it, he has the potential with the proper development to become one of the top C's in the NBA.

Who doesn't want an athletic C who can grab boards, block shots, finish strong at the basket and has range to the 3 point line?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Well, we did win the top 2 spots .

In reality, I could see the Thunder being interested in DeAndre, as I see him being a better prospect than Hill and if Rubio ends up available to them, it would mean Thabeet is gone.

DeAndre + Minny First + Protected 2010 Clips First (Lotto in 2010, Top 7 in '11, Top 3 in 2012, Unprotected After) could be something possible? Maybe the rights to Sofo, or Thornton if they want him.
    Nobody wants Sofo, hes a fat 6'9 Greek C.

Thunder might do that deal btw, but they don't have interest in Jordan considering they passed on him twice when he fell in the 2008 NBA Draft in order to select Ibaka & DJ White.

Serious playground baller Thunderstruck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    I agree, espescially when theres not so much to seperate the talent level beetween picks 3-10.

I raved about McGee's potential before and was flamed for it, he has the potential with the proper development to become one of the top C's in the NBA.

Who doesn't want an athletic C who can grab boards, block shots, finish strong at the basket and has range to the 3 point line?
    Completely agree. His potential is through the roof, he just has to work for it.

GiveItToBurrito

Thunder might do that deal btw, but they don't have interest in Jordan considering they passed on him twice when he fell in the 2008 NBA Draft in order to select Ibaka & DJ White.
    Is it true he's 375 pounds? God, that's ridiculous, he makes Eddy Curry look svelt. Why is he even being discussed as a possible trade asset? I know he used to be good, but so was Shawn Kemp.

Of course. No one wants a nice big man prospect, who could be a solid bench player in the mold of a Brandon Bass/Big Baby.

I know the Thunder passed on DeAndre for those two, but how has Ibaka worked out for them? Haven't heard anything about him doing anything, and DJ White is a 6'8/6'9, DeAndre is a legit 6'11/7 feet, and his athleticism would perfectly with Durant/Westbrook/Livingston/Green.

Not sure if its enough for OKC, and I, personally, think thats too much to give up for Rubio as I'd rather go for a later pick and Maynor. Just threw it out there for discussion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Of course. No one wants a nice big man prospect, who could be a solid bench player in the mold of a Brandon Bass/Big Baby.
    Im sorry but if hes so massively overweight to the point he can only average 9 minutes per game, and his effectiveness comes in short periods when hes fed the ball I dont see how he fills a Brandon Bass/Big Baby role.

Hes a fat 6'9 C who fell off from a MVP in his league to a turd on the bench in less than 4 years.

I know the Thunder passed on DeAndre for those two, but how has Ibaka worked out for them? Haven't heard anything about him doing anything, and DJ White is a 6'8/6'9, DeAndre is a legit 6'11/7 feet, and his athleticism would perfectly with Durant/Westbrook/Livingston/Green.
    Ibaka is only 19 and the purpose is to develop him in Europe for 3-4 years, he was drafted highly because he was just beginning his career in Europe where he can actually develop in an organized setting.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    Is it true he's 375 pounds? God, that's ridiculous, he makes Eddy Curry look svelt. Why is he even being discussed as a possible trade asset? I know he used to be good, but so was Shawn Kemp.
    He's down to 365 now but he's 6-10 according to draft measurements not 6-9. He was 420 at the Olympics.

Banned

Im sorry but if hes so massively overweight to the point he can only average 9 minutes per game, and his effectiveness comes in short periods when hes fed the ball I dont see how he fills a Brandon Bass/Big Baby role.

Hes a fat 6'9 C who fell off from a MVP in his league to a turd on the bench in less than 4 years.

Ibaka is only 19 and the purpose is to develop him in Europe for 3-4 years, he was drafted highly because he was just beginning his career in Europe where he can actually develop in an organized setting.
    Sofo was never an MVP in any league. He's actually not that fat anymore at all, actually it's mostly muscle by looking at him.