Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-24-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Sometimes work gets me overly stressed

Have you ever had one of those days where work just gets you in a knot?
Not those days where you're tired of where you work, or it's boring that one day and everything is slow, I'm talking you just hate the system but you can't leave.
I work for a great company which is a field I'm very passionate about. I got a high level position (District Manager) and am involed in development and product testing and approval. However I still do work at a store level so I'm responsible for the operation of the store, as well as several other locations.
I make 50+ so it's great money and enough for me and my family to be comfortable. My wife's got a great job so income is good.
However, within the company is a team of loss prevention officers. Their job is to control the losses for the company. Because I'm at a store level, I'm subject to their investigations. These guys scare the shyt out of me. I know I'm not doing anything wrong but there are times where there are technical glitches and you can't help but have mistakes here and there. But in the end, these guys are so aggressive it may cost me my job. Even though I may have the answers to where the mistakes are, but to them, I'm just a number.
I think about this shyt nightly, and it stresses me out hard. It's like somebody's always watching over your back, waiting to fire you. There are times where I can't even sleep. Knowing that I'm just a peon and expendible. It makes me a different person in to the people around me. But I love the money and the industry I'm in and there's nowhere else that will pay this much. They say never bring your stress from work home, but there are times I can't help it. I love my job but i hate the system.
Sorry, had to get that off my chest, hard to talk abotu it to the wifey becasue she hates the system too and goes off every day about how I should leave. My employees think the exact same thing. They think I'm better than the treatment this company shows.
Please, feel free to rant as well.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:54 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Sometimes work gets me overly stressed

i cannot quite feel what you are going through right now...

though there are days in which things seem to be insurmountable in the office.

i mean usually i plan out a schedule and finish things accordingly and on time.

but on very uncomfortable days, whether if Im slightly hungover or feeling kind of sick, I can view my workload and it just seems gigantic and I begin to doubt myself and then I procrastinate and get way behind. then the stress kicks in and I have to work overtime (w/o pay) just to get my job done.

i hate those kind of days.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:58 PM   #3
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Those days are just the blahs VC. We all get the blahs once in a while. Slow days, boring days, hangovers. I'm talking when you're paranoid that anyday can be your last day, but you don't want to leave.
But I do feel ya on what you're saying bro. especially when you're sick and you need to get a job done.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

not having a job and $60 in the bank account is pretty stressful in itself *lol* I just graduated from college with a degree in education, and of course, I can't get a job in the middle of the school year. I sub, but haven't gotten paid yet. I have a trip to California coming up, but have no money saved up for the trip. Also, it would be nice to be able to fly out to some of these cities (Phoenix, Atlanta, Baltimore, Vegas) to check them out before I commit to a job.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

I know man it sucks having so much over-head so many egos and opinions can get you on edge.
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:26 PM   #6
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ne50
I know man it sucks having so much over-head so many egos and opinions can get you on edge.

Tell me about it. I heard a rumor these loss pervention types get paid by the amount of busts they accumilate. I wonder if they realize how much more they lose because they lose good employees?
The training, the investment of time > A 2 dollar loss from short change or 15 punching in on a timeclock too early.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: