Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Great college starter

Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    I was too young to see him play. He was retired for 2 or 3 years before I started watching and was old enough to understand the game more. What the problem with asking someone who did? Do you know how many high school kids post here and act like they saw Jordan or Hakeem play? I have watched his highlights and lot of his games, but I that doens't mean im not going to seek out the advice of some that got to see the man play with his own eyes.

If you watched alot his games and highlights...then why did you laugh about Bird being greater than Dirk?? That's common knowledge among men who are old enough to know what they are talking about.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

It's a damn shame we never got to see Parker's prime. Out of all the players who wasted their careers in Europe, I'd say Parker is the best. Just ahead of Sabonis. Sometimes I wonder if he'll get into the Hall of Fame based on his Euroleague accomplishments. He definitely should be considered, I mean he won MVP twice over there. That's like winning four MVP's in the NBA. He should probably get in as a contributor for all he's done. Which is cool because we wouldn't have to wait 5 years to see him go in.

Great college starter

I was too young to see him play. He was retired for 2 or 3 years before I started watching and was old enough to understand the game more. What the problem with asking someone who did? Do you know how many high school kids post here and act like they saw Jordan or Hakeem play? I have watched his highlights and lot of his games, but I that doens't mean im not going to seek out the advice of some that got to see the man play with his own eyes.

Your post gives me the impression that you believe European basketball is scrubby. That might be the case if your talking about the smaller leagues, but we have smaller leagues here as well.

U.S. population = 305 million

population of the top European teams in the Olympics combined (Spain, Argentina, Lithuania, Greece, Croatia, Germany=not good but threw them in there for Dirk). = 186 million.

As you can see, the U.S. is supremely larger than any team they faced in the Olympics. Now take the best players off of those teams and throw them on one team.

Spain by themselves more than challenged the U.S. The best from the teams combined would certainly give the U.S. all they could handle.

NBA players off those teams:

Ricky Rubio, Dirk Nowitzski, Marc and Pau Gasol, Luis Scola, Manu Ginobli, Rudy Fernandez, Raul Lopez, Andres Nocioni, Carlos Delfino.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    If you watched alot his games and highlights...then why did you laugh about Bird being greater than Dirk?? That's common knowledge among men who are old enough to know what they are talking about.
    Becuase Dirk is better. Replace Dirk with Bird, and the Mavs don't win the Finals in 2011.

Great college starter

Becuase Dirk is better. Replace Dirk with Bird, and the Mavs don't win the Finals in 2011.

WHY do you think Dirk is better?? What does Dirk do that Larry Bird could not??

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Your assuming that since basketball isn't Spain's first sport that being 7 times larger than they are now, doesn't mean they would produce more top tier ballplayers....

That is what your saying right??
    No I'm saying that your logic is supremely flawed. Forget any real country, and real situation, just from a mathematical standpoint using total population makes no sense.

If you wanna get into THAT argument as it pertains to the thread then you need to argue Euroleague vs. NBA. Not Europe vs. U.S.A.

And again the best of the best in the NBA would roll.

And we almost lost with our first team....so what's your point?

if our best players dont feel like playing we can still put together our second stringers and beat the world..

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101
    It's a damn shame we never got to see Parker's prime. Out of all the players who wasted their careers in Europe, I'd say Parker is the best. Just ahead of Sabonis. Sometimes I wonder if he'll get into the Hall of Fame based on his Euroleague accomplishments. He definitely should be considered, I mean he won MVP twice over there. That's like winning four MVP's in the NBA. He should probably get in as a contributor for all he's done. Which is cool because we wouldn't have to wait 5 years to see him go in.

oh god, you killing me

lebron would have won every MVP in euroleague since he rookie season if he played over there.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King1991nba
    Euroleague is boring... Only couple of teams are playing for the fans (Real Madrid and Maccabi, maybe CSKA)... everything else is boring as shit, trust me... I'm watching NBA and Euroleague so I can compare...
    What do you think when you say playing for the fans . I watch Euroleague and Nba and I think Euroleague is better . I can only watch some Nba teams like Dallas , Chicago , Thunder . Everyone has different opinion , I think Nba is boring but you dont , I ll watch Euroleague and you ll watch Nba no need to argue aboute what league is more interesting

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    oh god, you killing me

lebron would have won every MVP in euroleague since he rookie season if he played over there.
    oh well throwing that name in his face is too much though.

LBJ, Kobe, Shaq... those are names to conjure with, they will easily compare with anyone who has ever played basketball, in my opinion

Please try to understand this fact tho: people of today totally bash my first days of watching hoops, which was the 60s. But yet I will always stand on the belief that if you had Havlicek, Sam Jones, Russell, Walt Frazier today they will excel at the highest levels. I watched those guys and their fame is well earned believe it. Nate Thurmond's post game will destroy guys like DeAndre Jordan or Joel Anthony, I mean just make em cry he was so good. It's not their fault they played when the league was still learning the game.

In the same way, those European teams are still learning the game.

You have to remember it was only since the Bird & Magic rivalry brought basketball to global fame, that other parts of the world have been seriously playing hoops. They will come up to standards in the personal skills level and really they have to a great extent already.

How many guys in the NBA? 800?

But yet probably 50 or 60 come from that Euro talent pool - which when you consider the fact they've been playing serious ball for only 25 or MAYBE 30 years... that is astounding really.

To me it's terrifically exciting to be seeing basketball now the #2 sport worldwide behind only soccer....... we used to drive 200 miles to watch Wilt Chamberlain & Chet Walker playing in front of 2000 fans every one of us diehard hoops morons...... now you can see a great game in freaking Australia probly

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    No I'm saying that your logic is supremely flawed. Forget any real country, and real situation, just from a mathematical standpoint using total population makes no sense.

If you wanna get into THAT argument as it pertains to the thread then you need to argue Euroleague vs. NBA. Not Europe vs. U.S.A.

And again the best of the best in the NBA would roll.

Actually, it's a COMMON SENSE statement. If the Unites States only had the population of Spain, the number of quality players would most definately DECREASE. Spain is at a huge disadvantage in the genetic pool category due to being 7 times smaller than the U.S., as many of the countries we faced weren't even the size of New York City....now imagine us only being able to use New York City players. "Mecca of basketball" or not, the NBA would suffer big time with the lack of quality players.

You got to be the biggest moron alive to think country size has no bearing. Which BALLING country is gonna produce the best players, 300 million or 5 million??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    Why didn't NBA MVP do shit in the second league of Europe?
    Why did Deron Williams play for 3 months in the second league of europe, break the eurocup scoring record and get his number retired?

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Why did Deron Williams play for 3 months in the second league of europe, break the eurocup scoring record and get his number retired?
    He never played in eurocup

Your post gives me the impression that you believe European basketball is scrubby. That might be the case if your talking about the smaller leagues, but we have smaller leagues here as well.

U.S. population = 305 million

population of the top European teams in the Olympics combined (Spain, Argentina, Lithuania, Greece, Croatia, Germany=not good but threw them in there for Dirk). = 186 million.

As you can see, the U.S. is supremely larger than any team they faced in the Olympics. Now take the best players off of those teams and throw them on one team.

Spain by themselves more than challenged the U.S. The best from the teams combined would certainly give the U.S. all they could handle.

NBA players off those teams:

Ricky Rubio, Dirk Nowitzski, Marc and Pau Gasol, Luis Scola, Manu Ginobli, Rudy Fernandez, Raul Lopez, Andres Nocioni, Carlos Delfino.
    Argentina is now in Europe?
    Manu, Scola and Nocioni are Argentines and Argentina is in South America, it borders with Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Bolivia and Paraguay