Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-17-2018, 06:30 AM   #16
Kawhi m8
3/9 INCOMING!!!!!

Default Re: Better career: Manu or Igoudala

Manu obviously.
Kawhi m8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:33 AM   #17
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Yes he was. A really magical playmaker. I have a fondness for defenders which is only rivaled by my fondness for magical playmakers. Iggy could handle the ball and pass but not like Manu. Much like Manu could defend...but not like Iggy.

Prime Iggy would probably be more useful off the bench for the current Warriors than Manu if only for the risk of playing Harden, Lebron, and Westbrook. The warriors may have the GOAT offense. A good all around stopper is more valuable for them than a great all around scorer/playmaker. Though id rather the Warriors add manu for entertainment purposes. Imagine Manu leading the break with Steph on one side and Klay on the other ball whipping around. Manus yearly top 20 plays on the Warriors would look like Pistol Pete on amphetamines. Hed have games off the bench with 4 points, 6 steals, and 19 assists.

If I had to add one of them to my team right now? Id take prime Manu. I think he gets us closer to relevance right away.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:03 AM   #18
VictorMosquito
\_(ツ)_/

An engaged Iguodala is one of the greatest lockdown perimeter defenders of all time. He could give the superstar he was guarding one of the worst games of his career. Iguodala is too underappreciated for the player that he was, a great athlete, defender, playmaker, and scorer depending on the day. I'll never forget the oop that he threw down on Yao Ming or when he blew past LeBron and dunked on him.

Manu is definitely more talented, and has a higher IQ and better shot, but he never had the durability to log in the type of minutes Iggy did and still lead a successful team.
VictorMosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:26 AM   #19
aj1987
MH!

Do people only remember current Iggy and not Sixers Iggy? Dude was a beast defender and could still drop 20 PPG with 5-6 boards and 5-6 dimes.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:26 AM   #20
Phoenix
I usually hit open layups

Quite easily Manu. If you want to argue Igoudola's defensive acumen vs Manu's overall playmaking, or that we saw Ig as a first option and Manu at his best was either the 2nd or third best player on the Spurs depending on the year, and for the record so would Igoudola on those Spurs teams....ok fine. But things played out how they played out, and the answer as to who had the better career is QUITE EASILY Manu. I'm not even sure how that is debatable. As players I feel like I've seen different versions of Igoudola, Manu had a bit more of a unique skillset and feel for the game. Not saying that makes him necessarily better prime for prime, but the question being asked is who had the better career.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:29 AM   #21
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Quite easily Manu. If you want to argue Igoudola's defensive acumen vs Manu's overall playmaking, or that we saw Ig as a first option and Manu at his best was either the 2nd or third best player on the Spurs depending on the year, and for the record so would Igoudola on those Spurs teams....ok fine. But things played out how they played out, and the answer as to who had the better career is QUITE EASILY Manu. I'm not even sure how that is debatable.
You do know that Iggy was also a very capable passer, right? Lets not pretend like Iggy was a Clarkson level passer.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:34 AM   #22
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
You do know that Iggy was also a very capable passer, right? Lets not pretend like Iggy was a Clarkson level passer.

I don't recall making the argument that he wasn't a capable passer, so I'm not sure how you reach that conclusion from my post. I think I quite clearly suggested as players who is 'better' may come down to what you value. Manu had the better career, which is the topic of the thread.

Last edited by Phoenix : 04-17-2018 at 07:47 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:50 AM   #23
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
I don't recall making the argument that he wasn't a capable passer, so I'm not sure how you reach that conclusion from my post. I think I quite clearly said as players who is 'better' may come down to what you value. Manu had the better career, which is the topic of the thread.
Quote:
If you want to argue Igoudola's defensive acumen vs Manu's overall playmaking
Considering Iggys playmaking abilities, Iggy's defense + playmaking >> Manu's defense + playmaking

Iggy wins probably more rings if he played on the Spurs, considering his defense. Iggy has 2 rings, an FMVP, 2 All-Def selections, and an All-Star selection. Iggy was also the best player on a 57 win Nuggets team. Manu was never that good.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:54 AM   #24
VictorMosquito
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Quite easily Manu. If you want to argue Igoudola's defensive acumen vs Manu's overall playmaking, or that we saw Ig as a first option and Manu at his best was either the 2nd or third best player on the Spurs depending on the year, and for the record so would Igoudola on those Spurs teams....ok fine. But things played out how they played out, and the answer as to who had the better career is QUITE EASILY Manu. I'm not even sure how that is debatable. As players I feel like I've seen different versions of Igoudola, Manu had a bit more of a unique skillset and feel for the game. Not saying that makes him necessarily better prime for prime, but the question being asked is who had the better career.
Not a single person said Iguodala had a better career, everyone agreed Manu did. Why are you emphasizing the career part so much? Nobody seems confused here lol
VictorMosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:55 AM   #25
Im Still Ballin
-ℬiℊ-

Quote:
Considering Iggys playmaking abilities, Iggy's defense + playmaking >> Manu's defense + playmaking

Iggy wins probably more rings if he played on the Spurs, considering his defense. Iggy has 2 rings, an FMVP, 2 All-Def selections, and an All-Star selection. Iggy was also the best player on a 57 win Nuggets team. Manu was never that good.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Guys

Check this out!
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:57 AM   #26
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Guys

Check this out!
What's so surprising? Manu is quite easily the most overrated basketball player ever. People act like he's the second coming of Magic as a passer, just because he has a couple of fancy passes.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:57 AM   #27
Phoenix

Quote:

Iggy possibly being a better prime for prime player,the hypothetical of what he does on the Spurs, is really neither here or there to the premise of the question being asked. If you want to argue that Iggy was a better player in his prime, that's great. I haven't made an argument for or against that idea either way. Who had the better career in your opinion?
Old 04-17-2018, 07:59 AM   #28
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
Iggy possibly being a better prime for prime player,the hypothetical of what he does on the Spurs, is really neither here or there to the premise of the question being asked. If you want to argue that Iggy was a better player in his prime, that's great. I haven't made an argument for or against that idea either way. Who had the better career in your opinion?
I pick Iggy. Manu was luck to play for the Spurs. As I said earlier, Iggy was an beast of a defender, while also being able to drop 20, grab 5-6, and dish 5-6. Manu is overrated, TBH.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:00 AM   #29
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorMosquito
Not a single person said Iguodala had a better career, everyone agreed Manu did. Why are you emphasizing the career part so much? Nobody seems confused here lol

People agreed that Manu had the better career because that's the answer to the f**king question being asked.

Some real rocket scientists up in here...

Last edited by Phoenix : 04-17-2018 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:01 AM   #30
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Do people only remember current Iggy and not Sixers Iggy? Dude was a beast defender and could still drop 20 PPG with 5-6 boards and 5-6 dimes.
You know Iguodala has NEVER averaged 20ppg, right?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: