Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

Carmelo is by far more clutch. That's definitely one thing he's better at

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    It's not close at all. If you can't see that, then you really need to take off your LeBron-hating goggles.
    lol Lebron fanboys. I'm a "hater" because I called another player good.

Fine, I'll just compliment Lebron and Lebron only for now on. No player in the NBA comes close to Lebron's greatness. Happy now?

But seriously, what makes Lebron so superior to Melo? You can't just say stupid shit with confidence and expect me to agree. You said nothing to back your opinion up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Carmelo is by far more clutch. That's definitely one thing he's better at
    You could argue that he is a better rebounder and scorer too. If you use the TRB% stat like I do then you would notice that Melo's rebound rate is higher than LeBron's, at least if we are talking about last season.

Banned

Melo is simply the better basketball player. He's better at everything besides. Passing and help defense. I shudder to think wat Melo could do if he got to travel on every play.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    Melo is simply the better basketball player. He's better at everything besides. Passing and help defense. I shudder to think wat Melo could do if he got to travel on every play.

yet he is only 1-7 in the first round lol..

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

lebron is overall better than melo yes, but
    i believe melo is a better pure scorer, better in the clutch.
    neither was good enough to win a ring as the man so everyone stop acting like it's comparing jordan to adam morrison
    both guys had plenty of help, iverson, billups, jr smith, antawn jamison, mo williams, shaq, and even though lebron's been to the finals twice, he's also gotten destroyed both times, give new york some time and i think they will be right there with miami

College star

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    lebron is overall better than melo yes, but
    i believe melo is a better pure scorer, better in the clutch.
    neither was good enough to win a ring as the man so everyone stop acting like it's comparing jordan to adam morrison
    both guys had plenty of help, iverson, billups, jr smith, antawn jamison, mo williams, shaq, and even though lebron's been to the finals twice, he's also gotten destroyed both times, give new york some time and i think they will be right there with miami
    probably in the first round before getting eliminated.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by TrueAristotle
    so winning now matters to LeBron fans?

Okay....

Kobe: 5 rings
    LeBron: 0 rings.

cool story bro, it has nothing to do with anything, get back on ur main account now.

If you had said Wade, D12, or Dirk were better than LeBron right now you'd have a case. Carmelo is barely a top 10 player, whereas LeBron is 4th in the NBA at worst. It's obvious how LBJ is better. Scores more (IDGAF if Melo "looks smoother" or "has more moves", he scores less deal with it), is a MUCH better defender (not debatable), better passer/team player, stronger, more athletic, faster, and has done better in the playoffs (yeah he "choked in the finals", has melo gotten past the first round more than once?) which you seem to care about so much, and has more accomplishments (all-nba teams, all-defense teams, mvps, etc.). Melo has literally ZERO case of being as good or better than LeBron. Zero.
    Woah, woah, woah, wait a minute. A few weeks ago, didn't you say Dirk has no case over Lebron? A little bit inconsistent with your views bud.

Anyway, it is obvious that Lebron is a better defender than Melo. I still think Lebron's defense is overrated, but there's no denying he is a good defender. Just not the Dennis Rodman the Lebron fanboys make him out to be. Melo's sub-par defense is off-putting.

To me, Melo is definitely better offensively. Better shooter, better ball handler, better post game, and better footwork. And lets not forget that Melo is a better rebounder too. It's not a stat thing. Watch the ****ing game and you'll see. Relying solely on stats is just stupid.

Saying Lebron is better because of winning is kind of stupid because it's not like Lebron has really won anything either. They're just two guys that can't win the big one.

College star

I thought we're talking clutch, winning, and in the playoff.s

Melo sucks in the 1st round, LeBron can't win a ring, while Kobe can win a ring and dominate in hte 1st round.

so...

Kobe > LeBron > Melo

right?
    yes in terms of career, I have never said lebron has a better career than kobe right now. But kobe is a old shit who can't do anything and will be irrelevant come next season. why do u use gimmick accounts to post such stupid shit? u can't do it on ur main?

College star

Who is comparing LeBron and Melo's career?
    u kidding me right? melo and lebron from the same draft class hence they have the same amount of seasons. Which means u can compare their careers, kobe has like 7 more seasons than them and is about to retire in 2 more years how are u gonna compare their careers.

knicksman post on ur main account cuz only u can be stupid enough to post the shit u are posting.

if u don't want to compare careers I will make it easier for u.

melo vs celtics 0-4 countless bricks in the fourth

lebron vs celtics 4-2 countless clutch baskets.

lebron>melo again.

I don't think Dirk has a case, but I'm tired of arguing about that and Dirk had an amazing playoffs and destroyed LBJ head to head in the finals. I've seen Melo play before, I know he's great, I've watched LeBron too, and i know he's better. Melo and Lebron are closer in shooting than you think, LeBron is definitely a better ballhandler, and LeBron is a better defensive rebounder, Melo is a better offensive rebounder (part of this is because LBJ stays on perimeter, Melo actually has a reliable post game). And IDC how they score or who scores in more ways, LeBron scores more which is all that matters at the end of the day in terms of who is the better scorer. IDC about the playoffs as much as many do, but if you're going to fault LBJ for his playoff failures, you can't ignore Melo's even bigger failures.
    This argument is going nowhere. Now it's just a "Lebron is better at this!" "No, Melo is better at that!" kind of thing. It's ****ing pointless.

It's not pointless. Saying Melo is better than LeBron is ignorant at best. People need to realize that LeBron, wherever you may rank him, is at least better than Melo.
    Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with someone ranking Melo over Lebron. It's way closer than you're making it out to be.

IDC about the playoffs AS MUCH AS MANY DO. Learn to read assclown.
    Why not? The playoffs are a hundred times more meaningful than the regular season.

Well of course YOU wouldn't. It's stupid to rank someone who's a worse player on both ends of the floor and much less accomplished higher than LeBron.
    Melo is better offensively in my opinion. I already mentioned why.