Default What basketball jerseys do you wear when you play pickup games?

Team Pilipinas Jimmy Alapag Jersey 6
    Chicago Bulls Retro 1980's Michael Jordan Jersey 23
    Cleveland Cavaliers LeBron James Jersey 23
    Miami Heat LeBron James Jersey 6
    Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Jersey 24

Default Re: What basketball jerseys do you wear when you play pickup games?

No one older than elementary school age should wear jersey while playing pickup games. Period.

I don't like wearing our interbarangay tournament uniform in a pickup game.

dont you feel like a clown when you wear an NBA jersey JUST for a pick-up game? I only wear my jerseys when we have a team practice

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    No one older than elementary school age should wear jersey while playing pickup games. Period.
    This. Every guy that has a jersey on is one of those people that tries to do way too much on the court and ends up being a disaster.

Also, they complain a lot.

NBA Superstar

First, I'll preface by admitting that I do not wear NBA jerseys (or any jerseys for that matter) while playing basketball, so contrary to defending the idea of wearing Jordans during games because I partake in such a venture, in this case I defend folks who choose to wear jerseys simply because I see nothing wrong with it. In my eyes, a basketball jersey is a solid exercise outfit. It's not as if we're talking about wearing Timberlands or jean shorts on the court.

Through the years, I've heard the same criticisms about wearing jerseys that I've heard about people wearing accessories. Folks always brush the broad stroke and state anyone who wears any of those things must suck at basketball. Subsequently, that seems to lead to the belief that you guys feel all basketball players should only wear a pair of shorts, ankle socks, and a generic t-shirt. Personally, I have no issues here with wearing accessories or jerseys. It's not as if the folks wearing the jerseys are truly pretending to be the player they're representing. In fact, I don't find it terribly different from me wearing a generic Pistons shirt.

To get to the original post, if I were going to wear a jersey on the basketball court, it'd probably be this:

I rule the local playground

I don't wear jerseys when I play but I like it when people on my team do, although it's true there's a correlation in my opinion between wearing NBA jerseys and being useless, if I don't know the person by name I can call them out by the name of the Jersey, and that makes it easy to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarip
    I don't wear jerseys when I play but I like it when people on my team do, although it's true there's a correlation in my opinion between wearing NBA jerseys and being useless, if I don't know the person by name I can call them out by the name of the Jersey, and that makes it easy to communicate.

This. I really hate wearing white t-shirts when playing basketball. It's gonna be dirty when you play outside.

I rule the local playground

I also hate it when black people wear all black, and asians wear all yellow, because then I'm always apprehensive about calling them by the color of their clothes >_>

#firstworldproblems

No.