Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #211
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,175
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
he is the first 7 footer to play at his level...all you named is a bunch of chumps


Now you're adding things you never said at the beginning, just because you've been proven wrong. First, you said he's the first ever big man shooter, now you're saying he's the best big man shooter at his level, because you know you're wrong.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #212
Fudge
Banned
 
Fudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 23,633
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
he is the first 7 footer to play at his level...all you named is a bunch of chumps



Wrong again, brother.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:43 PM   #213
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,175
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I dont know that Dirk is the best shooting big man ever...

*Sammy Perkins was a great shooter
*Rik Smits was a great shooter(not a 3 pt shooter but he had nice range)
*Detlef Shrempf was a great shooter
*Bill Laimbeer was a great shooter

Maybe Dirk is the best 7 foot shooter, but I dont know if he was the best "big man" (I didnt compare)
You're right, it's debatable. But either way, primetime is wrong, so it's all good.

:)
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:47 PM   #214
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
You're right, it's debatable. But either way, primetime is wrong, so it's all good.

:)
are any of the guys you just listed even 7 feet?

living in Dallas do you know how many times I have heard "Dirk is the first of his kind" on the radio...hundreds
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #215
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,002
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
are any of the guys you just listed even 7 feet?

living in Dallas do you know how many times I have heard "Dirk is the first of his kind" on the radio...hundreds



Rik Smits 7'4
Bill Laimbeer 6'11
Detlef Shrempf 6'10
Sammy Perkins 6'10

Dirk is not the first of his kind...there are more big men shooters, those are just the ones off the top of my head
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #216
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,175
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
are any of the guys you just listed even 7 feet?
They range from 6"9 to about 7 feet.
Quote:
living in Dallas do you know how many times I have heard "Dirk is the first of his kind" on the radio...hundreds
Then I guess hundreds of people are wrong. Dirk isn't the first big man shooter - that's a fact.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #217
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Then I guess hundreds of people are wrong. Dirk isn't the first big man shooter - that's a fact.
he is the first 7 foot shooter on his level - that's a fact
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:08 PM   #218
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,175
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
he is the first 7 foot shooter on his level - that's a fact
I don't really care about that. What I care about is the fact that you said he's the first big man shooter, period. That's wrong. What's hard to understand?
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:11 PM   #219
Lakers Legend#32
Good college starter
 
Lakers Legend#32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Low Rent Dist of Raider Nation
Posts: 3,369
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

After the Golden State series, Dirk is ****. Must redeem himself next season.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #220
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
I don't really care about that. What I care about is the fact that you said he's the first big man shooter, period. That's wrong. What's hard to understand?
I said Dirk is the first of his kind...

as in, there has never been a 7 footer in the history of the NBA with an outside shot like his.

please stop putting words in my mouth
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #221
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick
 
ChuckOakley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western Mass-hole
Posts: 4,863
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Rik Smits 7'4
Bill Laimbeer 6'11
Detlef Shrempf 6'10
Sammy Perkins 6'10

Dirk is not the first of his kind...there are more big men shooters, those are just the ones off the top of my head

All of those players were simply spot up outside shooters that could not create their own shot. I think Dirk is unique in that he is the first 7'0" SG that can create his own outside shot either with the dribble or coming off of screens. He has much better handles than any of those players, and is a better passer as well. Detlef Schrempf is the most accurate comparison of the players on the list, but even he was 2" shorter than Dirk and not the shooter Dirk was.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #222
TMacsOneGoodEye
Great college starter
 
TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,591
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

It depends if it's the regular season or post-season.

In the regular season, you could say he was top 10 and I wouldn't argue with you.

But post-season? He's probably the worst playoff player in the whole league. I would take ANYONE ELSE over him in the post-season.

Him and Mark Madsen playing 1 on 1 during the months of April-June? Madsen gonna slaughter Dirk. I don't even imagine Dirk hitting rim.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:44 PM   #223
Vragrant
National High School Star
 
Vragrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,453
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
well you certainly don't use that as an excuse for Wade winning with Shaq...

all I am saying is that Wade may have been having a good year number wise but his team was losing without shaq's help....numbers aren't everything.

You fail to look at the whole picture.

When Shaq came back the roster was healthy as it had been all season and the Heat had just added Eddie Jones who was a three point threat and a superb man to man defender. He provided scoring the Heat sorely lacked earlier in the season.

When Wade went down he was dealing with jnjuries/suspensions to J Williams, Posey, Shaq, A-Walker, and injuries to Wade himself. By the time the Heat climbed back to .500 despite the injuries, Wade went down in Chicago to a wrist injury and the Heat dubsequently dropped 6 straight games and were 0=6 until until Wade came back in the lineup. To say Wade was not impacting the wins is not doing his game any justice.

Also when Shaq came back the Heat had already completed the hardest part of the schedule for the season. THe Heat had basically finished playing the Western conference teams and over 80 % of their remaining games were against Eastern Conference teams.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:51 PM   #224
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,175
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
I said Dirk is the first of his kind...

as in, there has never been a 7 footer in the history of the NBA with an outside shot like his.
What you were implying is that he was the first big man shooter ever, not the best big man shooter ever. You know you're wrong man, stop changing your argument.
Quote:
please stop putting words in my mouth
Pull the same line I did, nice one.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #225
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
What you were implying is that he was the first big man shooter ever, not the best big man shooter ever. You know you're wrong man, stop changing your argument.

Pull the same line I did, nice one.
my exact words..."Dirk is the first of his kind..."

and I stand by that...

so do you want to keep going back and forth with this?, if so that is fine with me, I am sittin at my computer at work and I got nothin better to do at the moment....wanna tell me again how there have been hundreds of 7 foot outside shooters like Dirk again?
  Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy