Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I rule the local playground PieceOfFelt's Avatar

Default Has any NBA player ever had as much mileage on their body at age 30 as LeBron James

I don't think there's ever been player that has as much mileage on their body at the age of 30 as LeBron James does now. The guy is only 30 years old and he's already played in 874 games. That's fucking amazing. He's also averaged 39.5 minutes a game. He's also already played in 158 playoff games and averaged 42.5 minutes per game. Then you have to take into account all the olympic games he's played in. A substantial drop off in play is looming in the next 2 to 3 years. He already peaked a couple years ago and looks slightly diminished physically but it seems likely that he'll have a major drop off in play and athleticism in the next few seasons.

Default Re: Has any NBA player ever had as much mileage on their body at age 30 as LeBron James

Can't think of a player. Maybe wilt since he was posting every minute of every game for a while.

With Lebron presumed decline in the next 2-3 years, is there a chance Wiggins will surpass lebron as a player before Lebron retires?

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Re: Has any NBA player ever had as much mileage on their body at age 30 as LeBron James

he's never missed significant time due to injury. I don't recall if he's ever been out longer than 2 weeks

He took a vacation in the 2011 Finals.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    he's never missed significant time due to injury. I don't recall if he's ever been out longer than 2 weeks
    Its astonishing what a physical specimen he is. No one is NBA history has come close to the minutes he has played before 30. If he can continue to play like this ( 26/7/6) for the next 5 years, he may go down as one of top 3-4 to have ever played this game.

I Really wish that he had a team between 2007-2010 which could compete for a championship. It's unfair how Lebron consistently gets overlooked, partly fair (choke 2011), partly unfair, as one of the best to have ever played.

I don't see a logical argument for Bird/Magic as better basketball players. If we put Lebron in those situations he would have won the same if not more as them.

His raw production should never be overlooked.

Has any NBA player ever done as much HGH as LeBron? Probably not.

Banned

He's a monster. It'll be sad to see his decline over the next few years but the guy has been a workhorse since coming into the league in 2003.

It's a shame that he'll regress (technically, anyway, as he's regressed so far this year but is still putting up great numbers) but it's an even greater shame that so many years of his career were wasted with a Cleveland team that made winning an early championship an impossibility. Had he played for a good team in those first 7 years he would absolutely have more than 2 total rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Has any NBA player ever done as much HGH as LeBron? Probably not.
    It's time to stop posting, bud

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    With Lebron presumed decline in the next 2-3 years, is there a chance Wiggins will surpass lebron as a player before Lebron retires?
    Of course, LeBron won't retire while still being very effective.. I think. Or is this Wiggins hate?

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Has any player been as hyped as lebron, "The Chosen One", "King" "Witness", and had a losing record in the finals?

People can't seem to answer a simple question when it comes to LeBron..

Automatically get into a defensive stance and feel the need to say something against him.

He's still playing great though. I can see him still playing elite for 4-5 years. This guys is a specimen and with the bball iq he has, he can make the right adjustment to his game.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

LeBron is a little bitch doe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Has any player been as hyped as lebron, "The Chosen One", "King" "Witness", and had a losing record in the finals?
    Come on, dude. Not only was that the media's fault, but he actually ****ing delivered. Another couple years and he'll have been the best player in the NBA for a decade. what more can you freaking ask when the average player's career is around 10 years.

For the sake of clarity...

2006-08 arguably top 3
    2009-13 best player by a significant margin
    14 imo still better than KD
    15 still the best in light of KD hitting an injury road block.

The media pretty much claimed best player since Jordan, sometime exuberantly described him as the next Jordan. He's pretty much delivered in that regard - been the Jordan of my generation (avid viewer since 2000)

How serviceable he's been adds to the greatness as well. Dude has made hundreds of thousands of fans 'get their moneys worth' when going to the game. He is a larger-than-life entertainer and his on-court demeanor has just oozed greatness since his first ring.

Nowhere did anyone - not in the media anyways - claim that he would 'win a lot of championships' when he was drafted. They simply claimed he'd dominate the league and that's exactly what happened.

Jason Collins?