Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Why do college players wear T-shirts under their jerseys and NBA players don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Pretty sure NBA players don't wear shirts under jerseys because it's against dress-code. Just like some teams won't allow you to wear a headband (ie: Bulls, Heat) to name a couple teams.
    Kobe wore a purple t-shirt a few times a couple seasons ago.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Why do college players wear T-shirts under their jerseys and NBA players don't?

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    That statement is retarded on several levels.

Those rubber bands pressure off of the patellar tendons. Your patella tendon attaches the kneecap to your tibia and your femur. Your patella (kneecap) is supposed to moving up and down smoothly when you're running/walking, Glen Rice had problems with this, hence the rubber bands, taking pressure of off his knee.

Loot
    Well I read he had circulation problems, but that's fine. Makes more sense anyways. Thank you for the correction. Doesn't change the fact that the idea that sleeves or armbands aren't worn to make your arms more "tight" and give you "more feel".

Mathius

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    Well I read he had circulation problems, but that's fine. Makes more sense anyways. Thank you for the correction. Doesn't change the fact that the idea that sleeves or armbands aren't worn to make your arms more "tight" and give you "more feel".

Mathius

Maybe the circulation problems were caused by the band being too tight hehehe. Glen Rice had chronic knee injuries. Tendinitis iirc.

NBA lottery pick

Maybe the circulation problems were caused by the band being too tight hehehe. Glen Rice had chronic knee injuries. Tendinitis iirc.
    I don't know. I looked into it way back in like.. 95? when I first noticed he wore them during the three point contest the year he won, and Miner won the dunk contest. I doubt any of those articles are still around in electronic form.

Mathius

I don't know, did Miner wear them too?

It was adviced to me to look for those when I had tendinitis in both knees. Shortly after getting the advice my right knee just twisted (instead of getting my ankles broken, I got my knee jacked up). I never looked into it much but I think my knees just were weaker then they were supposed to be because I kept playing through tendinitis. Anytway, that's how I know about those bands.

NBA lottery pick

I don't know, did Miner wear them too?

It was adviced to me to look for those when I had tendinitis in both knees. Shortly after getting the advice my right knee just twisted (instead of getting my ankles broken, I got my knee jacked up). I never looked into it much but I think my knees just were weaker then they were supposed to be because I kept playing through tendinitis. Anytway, that's how I know about those bands.
    I don't remember Miner ever wearing anything outside of some armbands and a knee brace at one point when he hurt his knee. But that was such a long time ago. If you'd have asked me at the time, I could have quoted you all his statistics and his birthdate. He was probably my favorite player of all time. He could flat out score. Now? Didn't seem much point in remembering any of that information.

Mathius

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    Kobe wore a purple t-shirt a few times a couple seasons ago.
    Different teams have different dress-codes. Some of the codes are league-wide, some are just team-wide. Such as if you're on the Bulls you can't wear a head-band or the Heat.

swag

does anyone know why that kid from Oklahoma i think wear a long sleeved shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWitness
    hmmmmm got me thinking what if Melo went to the bulls...

Keep dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by CoryThaGr8
    does anyone know why that kid from Oklahoma i think wear a long sleeved shirt?
    Tony Crocker. 'To stay warm during games' because he had difficulties with it. probably went cold too much... http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/art...B4_Oklaho10643

dumb ****

"Tony told me yesterday that he is going back to the sleeved shirt to try and break the shooting slump." meh

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    You're partly right. James wore a sleeve to cover his NEW tattoos. He'd just got new ink put on and didn't want them to get scratched or whatever while they were still healing. I would do the same, but then James has money to get them touched up if something goes wrong. Still, it makes sense.

I don't know why guys like Lebron, Hamilton, Wade, Kobe, etc. have taken to wearing the sleeves on their shooting arm. It seems to me like it would be restrictive when you bend your elbow at a complete 90.

Mathius
    Then again, it's no surprise why LeBron can't shoot for $hit.
    [COLOR="White"]JK, I love LBJ.[/COLOR]

I rule the local playground

It's banned because it looks stupid.