Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-21-2018, 11:45 PM   #16
FreezingTsmoove
The Sheriff

Default Re: Sonogram tomorrow for my inflamed liver, anyone had a similar circumstance?

Had the same problem in college when I me and tha guyz used to drown mutiple bottles of liquor every weekend and I would drink protein shakes throughout the week to keep up my weight for basketball

Went for a routine checkup and my doc told me my liver was really bad. It was so bad the doc called my mom on me after my test results

Stopped drinking alcohol, and stopped drinking those BS protein supplements
FreezingTsmoove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:54 AM   #17
dunksby
NBA Legend

Default Re: Sonogram tomorrow for my inflamed liver, anyone had a similar circumstance?

Daily exercise, replacing sugary drinks with water, using olive oil for cooking and changing to grilled meat from fried meat wil do wonders for you.
dunksby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:14 AM   #18
fiddy
Raider of Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
Anything with high oil content is absolutely terrible for you. That with no exercise.
Salmon and all fatty fishes are bad for you, mkay. Olive oil sucks, too. Retard statement of the year.
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:41 AM   #19
Dave3
NBA rookie of the year

If your stomach is huge and it built up very quickly, that might not be fat, it's likely fluid which accumulates when the liver has damage. The fluid collecting in the abdomen is called ascites and if it's huge may need to be drained with a small catheter (local anesthetic). Of course it can also be fat depending on how long it's been building up.

Alcohol abuse can cause liver failure but if you're having 1-2 drinks daily, it's something else most likely. Once they do the ultrasound tomorrow they'll look at the architecture and be able to tell if there's 'fibrosis' which is scar tissue as well as other patterns that can discern a cause for liver failure (such as a blood clot in the veins or any localized mass.)

People here saying don't ever drink again are correct. Also be careful with tylenol and don't take anything over the counter without asking a physician first.

Your doctors will at some point take some blood tests to check why the liver is messing up. This will include HIV, viral hepatitis panels, and probably some autoimmune markers. They'll also check an iron storage level (ferritin) and maybe a copper level too. The good news is if you don't have full blown liver fibrosis (called cirrhosis) then the damage is reversible. Even if you do have cirrhosis, liver transplants are pretty common and provide good results. Best of luck!
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:32 AM   #20
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
Salmon and all fatty fishes are bad for you, mkay. Olive oil sucks, too. Retard statement of the year.
I was more talking about excessive consumption of oil, retard. Excessive consumption of olive oil is bad for you as well. Any thing has to be done in moderation.

Also, if you're eating unhealthy, you're most likely not eating baked salmon and food prepared with olive oil. Dumbass.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:34 PM   #21
Draz
The People's Choice

I'm trying to figure out is whey protein good or bad for cholesterol and liver. Doctor said not to take it for the liver but other research says otherwise
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:52 PM   #22
CelticBaller
You mad?

Drink Water

A lot of it.

Whoever is into protein supplements needs to drink a lot of water.
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:15 AM   #23
hateraid
Is it in you?

No offense draz but you're the kind of person who seeks advice and when good advice is given you don't acknowledge it. I think for years people have been giving you good quality diets you'd think you've had it figured out. I even recalled giving you advice on taking care of your liver. This may be a good lesson in absorbing information after asking questions

And no Hawker, protein supplements don't affect the liver or would cause any inflammation. If anything it affects the kidneys more. But thanks for thinking of me buddy!
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: