Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
There might be a case if he doesn't feel emotionally ready. It might not be the best thing for him to become a millionaire and a celebrity.
was waiting for somebody to say this, kinda sad it took this long lol

there aren't any good basketball reasons for him to stay, it's a clear financial liability to risk an injury during another year at college, and there's always a chance his stock dips even further.

but the pressures of playing in the nba compared to staying in college for another season are beyond our wildest imagination -- especially for a top pick. depending on the player that pressure gap might actually be wider than the talent/competition gap between the two leagues. for a 19 y/o kid to make that jump, if he has any sense of himself and what he actually wants, personal factors are probably weighing on his mind a lot more than basketball factors. plus not like a guy like that isnt already convinced he's gonna be a future nba legend, he's probably being told day-in day-out about how he'll best hone his skill and develop his body, but wouldn't surprise me if in his head that stuff's just noise.

doesn't seem like ppl saying he'd be foolish not to jump really understand the situation he's in.... not that i do either of course. and yea most kids with his hype and potential do jump. just depends who u are i guess.