Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: What i don't like about the Garnett's Suspension.

I agree it would be nice for the league to allow a little more to go on like they did back in the day, but KG's suspension is warranted for consistency sake. It wouldn't make sense to let this go while others have been suspended for less or for things that actually happened during a play. If it were the norm for teams to be rough, that's cool, but that is not the way things have gone for the last 5+ years. If the league ever wants to let people battle things out without hefty suspensions, that precedence needs to be set at the beginning of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    It's pretty sad one douchebag with a beer has emasculated the game.

yea, its THAT guy that did it.

It has nothing to do with the massive guaranteed contracts these guys have now.

They still would have let Bill Laimbeer play combat basketball had Larry Bird been making a guaranteed $15 million a year.

"Go Big or Go Home" miniharrison37's Avatar

Huge discussion on ESPN PTI today if the league is getting soft or not with suspensions. Good points though

Quote Originally Posted by thesighter
    I don't disagree about the heavy officiating, but you guys are missing the point about Garnett.

He dishes out cheap shots and runs away like a girl, he ain't a tough guy. He is in fact taking advantage of modern day officiating.

If he tried this sort of sh*t during the 80s, he would have been clocked by J.O. or Magloire immediately after. Players had a bit more respect in the past and would self-regulate each other.
    This

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by RealKnowledge
    Kg deserved to get suspended. But they making the game real boring with the no taunting, Technicals for the dumbest reason. They need to let them play and just worry about punches
    right, the taunting needs to be allowed, but as soon as the taunting conflagrates into actual physical contact/agression/violence, that's when suspensions and big fines are necessary.

And enough with these overly quick technicals for hanging on the rim.

Default Garnett suspension

Why did garnett get suspended and richardson didnt thats ridiculous richardson walked over to the celtics bench and started shoving people out of the way and then garnett gets suspended for throwing a accidental elbow is going on

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Garnett elbowed Q-Rich in Game 1. UPDATE: KG suspended one game

There's a lot of players that throw elbows. It would be dumb as a donkey to ruin the outcome of the series based on one player's actions. Who wants to screw up the entire playoffs? Are some of you Heat fans or something? My god. No one was even hurt. Noah was though. I forgot.

HI

Default Re: Garnett suspension

Quote Originally Posted by 23ajay
    Why did garnett get suspended and richardson didnt thats ridiculous richardson walked over to the celtics bench and started shoving people out of the way and then garnett gets suspended for throwing a accidental elbow is going on
    ...It was the Heat bench. Don't know why people keep saying Celtics bench.

I rule the local playground KoRn's Avatar

because all richardson did was yap. if he threw an elbow, then he would have been suspended too.

Local High School Star

Accidental?

I don't think they should make an example of Garnett, but take off your homer glasses or get some new specs. That's not how it happened.

Or was there another incident I don't know about?

Default Re: Kevin Garnett elbowed Q-Rich in Game 1. UPDATE: KG suspended one game

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    There's a lot of players that throw elbows. It would be dumb as a donkey to ruin the outcome of the series based on one player's actions. Who wants to screw up the entire playoffs? Are some of you Heat fans or something? My god. No one was even hurt. Noah was though. I forgot.
    elbow to the head are different from elbows to the body when one tries to fight for position. and to top that, play was dead. so you don't think dwight howard should have been suspended last year for elbowing dalembert?

Quote Originally Posted by KoRn
    elbow to the head are different from elbows to the body when one tries to fight for position. and to top that, play was dead. so you don't think dwight howard should have been suspended last year for elbowing dalembert?
    There should always be consequences. I just don't want them to "hand" out something like a 3 day suspension, which could "hand" another team the series. I'm good with a 1 day suspension, but the people looking for harsher punishments are the people that I don't agree with. I want it to stay competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    There should always be consequences. I just don't want them to "hand" out something like a 3 day suspension, which could "hand" another team the series. I'm good with a 1 day suspension, but the people looking for harsher punishments are the people that I don't agree with. I want it to stay competitive.
    that's kool. i would rather they go back to 80's rule and not suspend them. but these days, since they are suspending players, i just want it uniformly enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by StacksOnDeck
    Accidental?
    I thought the elbow was more of a get off of me elbow instead of an intentionall but it doesn't really matter now.