Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Advice: how to live on $7.70/hour

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    Why dont you just live at home until youre making more than 7.70 per hour?

Not an option? What about taking out a loan and living in a dorm until you get a degree enabling you to make more than 7.70 an hour?

Have a child, cant live in a dorm? Why dont you move in with the person you had a child with and potentially double your household income?

I guess the question is, why are a grown adult making $7.70/hr and spending your precious free time on the internet complaining about it?

You know two hundred years ago, the richest king on earth didnt have a a phone, a car, a microwave, a television, a hot water faucet. Why arnt you thankful for the fact that even as a los income person you probably have access to all of these? Why do you feel you are entitled to X amount of money? Why are t you lookin in the mirror? Why is it societies fault to drag you forward? Why shouldnt your choices determine your consequences?

People who make threads like this are either < 20 years old, or simply pathetic losers.

youve never worked minimum wage, bitch

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yeah postal employees make minimum wage

What a fail attempt at a post. Give it another shot.
    HA! I never said you made minimum wage, I was referencing the trend of USPS workers "going postal." Fuggin suicidal moroon.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    For the past few weeks, my family has been living in $3-4/day. Our situation is so shitty right now. My father has yet to find a job. An outside support said he'd send money 8-9 days from now. My student organization will be having our acquiantance party tomorrow and I don't even have enough for ride fare. I had to take special exams, because we paid late for tuition and had to promise because we only paid partial. I haven't gone to the gym this week. My family is living in bare existence. I don't know when this would end but I hope it ends sooner.

And oldskoolball52 is an idiot. The system is the root cause of many individual problems. Some people are just unlucky to be born in some shithole.
    Unless you are posting this from a library you need to stfu about bare existence... and even still just stfu.

A person that makes 10k usd a year is richer than something like 80 percent of the planet. Go live in Africa and get back to me about bare existence you entitled little shit.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Btw I bought an 80k house making $10 an hour and I made it work. It's called not having stuff you WANT right away. I make significantly more now because I bust my ass and have been promoted 4 times.

Cell phone...internet...cable... a car(gasp...I know that's hard to accept)... going to the movies... WANTS... not NEEDS.

Want entertainment? Get a basketball and go the **** outside.

Even having kids is a WANT.

Guess the **** what? Life isn't fair and no matter how hard we try it never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    Btw I bought an 80k house making $10 an hour and I made it work. It's called not having stuff you WANT right away. I make significantly more now because I bust my ass and have been promoted 4 times.

Cell phone...internet...cable... a car(gasp...I know that's hard to accept)... going to the movies... WANTS... not NEEDS.

Want entertainment? Get a basketball and go the **** outside.

Even having kids is a WANT.

Guess the **** what? Life isn't fair and no matter how hard we try it never will be.
    How long were you living at your moms house stacking up $$$$$$?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    HA! I never said you made minimum wage, I was referencing the trend of USPS workers "going postal." Fuggin suicidal moroon.
    What trend is that? Why dont you enlighten the board to this. Or admit you're trying hard at a funny and failing. Simply by using the "go postal" bit. The irony you are calling someone a moron using your retarded logic.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    How long were you living at your moms house stacking up $$$$$$?
    I was thinking the same thing. I make $10.10 an hour right now so I'm wondering how he did it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    I was thinking the same thing. I make $10.10 an hour right now so I'm wondering how he did it. lol
    He's clearly leaving out key parts of his life.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

depends on his needs. If he works 60h a week x 4 thats 2400USD a months. Let's say 400 for a place to live, 200 for food, 200 for fun stuff and 200 for healthcare or similiar necessities, you'd still have 1400 a month to save. That's almost 17000 USD a year to save. If you invest this at a reasonable rate with 3% on average, you only need to save up for about 5 years and you can completely pay a 80K home withou needing mortage.

If you make $10 an hour.. maybe you could get an 80K home.. But you would need pristine credit, I also dont see how you would get the mortgage once the bank sees you only make $10 an hour They'd laugh..

But lets say you make settlement anyway... thats gonna cost you 8, 9 thousand right off the bat... then you would have to be pretty skilled (or lucky) at negotiating with the bank to not to get a mortgage where rates arent rising every month.. or you would have to keep refinancing..

And after all that, you still would be 'house poor'..

going rate for houses around here is at least 120k.. Maybe its different somewhere else

I wont say its impossible, but you would need help at multiple points in the process and after all that? the wisdom of it all would is hard to see..

What is your investment (in your home) gonna be when you go to sell your home? Its seems better to just rent if you only make $10 an hour... Cost of living is such that I would most banks wouldnt give you a mortgage

His father supports him. He's a complete loser with no job, no education, no career, and can't support himself well into his 20's.

He is the worst welfare case; totally incapable of being an adult, likely pays little to no taxes, and is a complete drain on society.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    His father supports him. He's a complete loser with no job, no education, no career, and can't support himself well into his 20's.

He is the worst welfare case; totally incapable of being an adult, likely pays little to no taxes, and is a complete drain on society.
    Damn dude that was harrrrrsh. I dont think that was starface that posted. Thats Shogon Ramel aka Bowl Cut guy.
    Last edited by GOBB; 07-20-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Where did you buy a house for 80k at?

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    If you make $10 an hour.. maybe you could get an 80K home.. But you would need pristine credit, I also dont see how you would get the mortgage once the bank sees you only make $10 an hour They'd laugh..

But lets say you make settlement anyway... thats gonna cost you 8, 9 thousand right off the bat... then you would have to be pretty skilled (or lucky) at negotiating with the bank to not to get a mortgage where rates arent rising every month.. or you would have to keep refinancing..

And after all that, you still would be 'house poor'..

going rate for houses around here is at least 120k.. Maybe its different somewhere else

I wont say its impossible, but you would need help at multiple points in the process and after all that? the wisdom of it all would is hard to see..

What is your investment (in your home) gonna be when you go to sell your home? Its seems better to just rent if you only make $10 an hour... Cost of living is such that I would most banks wouldnt give you a mortgage
    Totally agree with this especially bold.
    Last edited by GOBB; 07-20-2013 at 02:57 PM.

5-time NBA All-Star

for real tho who the fukk started the rumour that gobb was a mailman?

damn say something enough times apparently it becomes true.

Quote Originally Posted by hookul
    depends on his needs. If he works 60h a week x 4 thats 2400USD a months. Let's say 400 for a place to live, 200 for food, 200 for fun stuff and 200 for healthcare or similiar necessities, you'd still have 1400 a month to save. That's almost 17000 USD a year to save. If you invest this at a reasonable rate with 3% on average, you only need to save up for about 5 years and you can completely pay a 80K home withou needing mortage.

you arent accounting for taxes.. $10 is gross pay... not net.. its unrealistic to think he is gonna work under the table for 5 years and then go slap 80K down in cash for a home there would be red flags poppin up everywhere... even a drug dealer who would have that kind of money would use their girl or mother's name on the house to avoid problems with the bank..

Also I have no idea where you can live for $400 a month. What are you your bills?

Do you have a car? a note on it? or is it some hooptie? Even if you are taking public you will incur costs.. what is your transportation costs? Electric? Heat? water? these things cost money..