Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Grizzlies, Allen Iverson agree to part ways! Team will waive Iverson

Complaining on minutes just one game after coming off an injury. Even Memphis doctors told the coaching staff to limit his minutes.

hooray iverson

Default Re: Grizzlies, Allen Iverson agree to part ways! Team will waive Iverson

Quote Originally Posted by haji_d_robertas
    I don't think a lot of people here really understand Allen Iverson. He has had his troubles that's for sure, but the hate is for what he represents off the court, his background and cultural impact. I feel a little bit of "let's put him back in his place" from this thread and I can't help but get offended by that.

He deserves to be a starter if he can find a place where he fits. He's proven he can play and he is still better than a lot of starters out there right now. He is coachable? Yes. Larry Brown can attest to that, and if I'm in AI's shoes, it's important to understand that Michael Curry was not a great coach and is now fired, and Lionel Hollins is not a great coach and probably will be fired before the season is over.

Allen Iverson is just not a diplomat and probably doesn't respect people who he does not feel deserve it. Is that a character flaw? yeah, crazy? no way. I've been disrespected on this board so many times and in so many ways that it makes my head spin, but I know that most of the people doing the disrespecting aren't crazy, they just don't feel like I deserve it.

So he is going to go to a contender and probably start, I would get used to that fact right away. It's not a matter of what bad coaches think, or posters on this board who cannot diguise their hatred for the culture that AI represents, it's the truth. So flail away, Weenies, let the disrespect continue.
    I feel u on this post in so many ways...

First off AI never gave the impression that he has slowed down, it was the media and the public. He had one bad season in detroit where he didnt play that much, the grizzlies signing was a joke...im trying to figure out how people think he has slowed down or is not as good as he use to be. No one can say that cause he hasnt played all that much to display if he still has it or not. Look at Steve Nash...hes 35 and still considered top 10 PGs in the league. He has defied age and shut all the critics up cause he takes care of his body period. AI is 34 and in my opinion if given the right situation (LIKE NEW YORK) will be able to put up ridiculus #s like he used to. he just needs a chance to shut everybody up thats all

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by haji_d_robertas
    I don't think a lot of people here really understand Allen Iverson. He has had his troubles that's for sure, but the hate is for what he represents off the court, his background and cultural impact. I feel a little bit of "let's put him back in his place" from this thread and I can't help but get offended by that.

He deserves to be a starter if he can find a place where he fits. He's proven he can play and he is still better than a lot of starters out there right now. He is coachable? Yes. Larry Brown can attest to that, and if I'm in AI's shoes, it's important to understand that Michael Curry was not a great coach and is now fired, and Lionel Hollins is not a great coach and probably will be fired before the season is over.

Allen Iverson is just not a diplomat and probably doesn't respect people who he does not feel deserve it. Is that a character flaw? yeah, crazy? no way. I've been disrespected on this board so many times and in so many ways that it makes my head spin, but I know that most of the people doing the disrespecting aren't crazy, they just don't feel like I deserve it.

So he is going to go to a contender and probably start, I would get used to that fact right away. It's not a matter of what bad coaches think, or posters on this board who cannot diguise their hatred for the culture that AI represents, it's the truth. So flail away, Weenies, let the disrespect continue.

and again. Thank you for this post.