Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Why is E Gordon getting paid MAX?

Quote Originally Posted by chips93

thats the cop out advice for every team that isnt a lock for a playoff spot this year

this is a deep draft, but 20 teams cant just throw away a season, there arent that many franchise changing prospects in it.

Pelicans are spending money like they're a big market team on the verge of a championship. The reality is, they are a small market team that needs to build through the draft and avoid the luxury tax.

I can respect a team for trying to win... but the Pelicans giving all their cap space away to 3 ball-dominant guards wasn't a good decision. Small market team need to have patience, and the Pelicans definitely jumped the gun.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Pelicans are spending money like they're a big market team on the verge of a championship. The reality is, they are a small market team that needs to build through the draft and avoid the luxury tax.

I can respect a team for trying to win... but the Pelicans giving all their cap space away to 3 ball-dominant guards wasn't a good decision. Small market team need to have patience, and the Pelicans definitely jumped the gun.
    Exactly. They could have kept Noel and Davis. Traded Gordon or just not signed him. Move Andersen for something. Get a top 5 pick in the loaded upcoming draft.

Then the following year go out and spend the money they have on filling out a team that could have looked something like Davis, Noel, and Parker.

Giving up the chance at a core trio like that for the next 12 years to max out Gordon, get Holiday, and overpay Evans is a joke.

All so they might win a playoff series over the next 3 years. I honestly hope I'm wrong because I watch a lot of NO games, but I really think their ceiling is 1 playoff series win over the next 3 years.

I usually wouldn't take this kind of stance, but this guy doesn't deserve to be in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    I usually wouldn't take this kind of stance, but this guy doesn't deserve to be in the league.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

I'm not a fan of Gordon and his antics but when he is fully healthy he is definitely worth max. How many players in the league can you great 3 pt shooting, elite slashing, and elite defense?

Kid is a malcontent right now, purposely not playing his best ball because he doesn't want to play where he's playing. I don't necessarily blame him, but he's pulling a cowardly VC not trying shtick as he did in Toronto.

Eric Gordon would literally be a perfect fit on the Chicago Bulls. He grew up playing with Rose, is from Illinois, and would give us exactly what we need. Someone who can not only create off the dribble, but can knock down jumpers.

Before his injury, he was looking better than Stephen Curry, truth be told. He was bigger, more athleticism, much better defense. The possibilities of this lineup:

Rose
    E. Gordon
    Butler
    Gibson
    Noah

I'd finally have a complete Bulls roster (apart from Noah) that I actually totally love and could defend. I don't know if that team can beat the triumvirate of LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. But it certainly comes closer than it stands now. It certainly beats the up start, punk Indiana Pacers.

Paul George can't guard D. Rose, and a healthy Eric Gordon at the same time. Ahhh, one can dream.

Dump Deng, Boozer, and fillers for him if possible.