Default I had employees from government agencies like the CIA visit my school today

They were all really chill and funny, the Drug Enforcement Agency guy said there's no such thing as medical marijuana The CIA guy said he was in Iraq for a year and had to be armed at all times even though he had MP's with him, he also said he helped prevent countless bombings and stuff. Really interesting to see their perspective and stuff

Default Re: I had employees from government agencies like the CIA visit my school today

Tell us more. Why did they come in? What was their mission? What do you think about them?

Banned

Default Re: I had employees from government agencies like the CIA visit my school today

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    They were all really chill and funny, the Drug Enforcement Agency guy said there's no such thing as medical marijuana The CIA guy said he was in Iraq for a year and had to be armed at all times even though he had MP's with him, he also said he helped prevent countless bombings and stuff. Really interesting to see their perspective and stuff
    Holy ****ing shit i wish I was there for this. What was the response?

Please share more. Definitely interesting.

I remember similar federal agency recruitment during my college years, but never high school. High school was always given over to military recruiters.

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    Tell us more. Why did they come in? What was their mission? What do you think about them?
    They visited the University to give advice and their experiences, how they got into the field, what they did, etc. to students who were interested. There were 5 of them, one from the DIA(Defense Intel Agency), DEA(Drug Enforcement), CIA, Department of Energy, and Bureau of Intel(State Department). They each had their own missions, but the common goal was to gather intel on various things to protect American interests. Like the woman who was with the Department of Energy worked in Labs across the country analyzing info for the Iran Nuclear Deal while the CIA guy basically prevented bombings through espionage and went after high-priority targets abroad, while turning informants abroad to our side .

I thought they were all pretty amazing, they all had their own stories to share and they all seemed to genuinely care about protecting the American people. The CIA guy said that was the most rewarding thing for him, other than getting the Aston Martin he wanted since he was a kid(lol) after he served a year in Iraq was that he woke up every morning knowing he directly helped save peoples' lives from harms way I'm seriously considering going into the field someday if the opportunity presents itself, trying to get an internship to go to Washington over the summer

Quote Originally Posted by The Valley
    Holy ****ing shit i wish I was there for this. What was the response?
    Everyone laughed their ****ing asses off, he was like: "Marijuana is still illegal here guys. If I catch you, imma take your asses down" or something along those lines

They visited the University to give advice and their experiences, how they got into the field, what they did, etc. to students who were interested. There were 5 of them, one from the DIA(Defense Intel Agency), DEA(Drug Enforcement), CIA, Department of Energy, and Bureau of Intel(State Department). They each had their own missions, but the common goal was to gather intel on various things to protect American interests. Like the woman who was with the Department of Energy worked in Labs across the country analyzing info for the Iran Nuclear Deal while the CIA guy basically prevented bombings through espionage and went after high-priority targets abroad, while turning informants abroad to our side .

I thought they were all pretty amazing, they all had their own stories to share and they all seemed to genuinely care about protecting the American people. The CIA guy said that was the most rewarding thing for him, other than getting the Aston Martin he wanted since he was a kid(lol) after he served a year in Iraq was that he woke up every morning knowing he directly helped save peoples' lives from harms way I'm seriously considering going into the field someday if the opportunity presents itself, trying to get an internship to go to Washington over the summer
    Most government contractors overseas are overpaid and under-worked. They make 10x what servicemen do for doing the same job. The guys who worked on our comms in our trucks (even though we had comm guys) were making 120k every six months for dicking around on our radios a few times a month.

One of my closest friends works for the DOD flying UAV's in Iraq right now, and he makes a shitload of money and works maybe a few days a month. Sad to say (depending on your views of the government) the highest paying jobs requiring the least amount of work are government jobs.

Not to say that all civilian contractors were like that. We had several who went out with us as terps. Had a few that coordinated air strikes for us. Had a few intel guys who would go out with us when we were planning on being out longer than a few weeks.

But by and large, the vast majority of civilian contractors that I personally saw didn't really do shit. And they lived much, much better than we did. And made in a month what I made my entire deployment.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Most government contractors overseas are overpaid and under-worked. They make 10x what servicemen do for doing the same job. The guys who worked on our comms in our trucks (even though we had comm guys) were making 120k every six months for dicking around on our radios a few times a month.

One of my closest friends works for the DOD flying UAV's in Iraq right now, and he makes a shitload of money and works maybe a few days a month. Sad to say (depending on your views of the government) the highest paying jobs requiring the least amount of work are government jobs.

Not to say that all civilian contractors were like that. We had several who went out with us as terps. Had a few that coordinated air strikes for us. Had a few intel guys who would go out with us when we were planning on being out longer than a few weeks.

But by and large, the vast majority of civilian contractors that I personally saw didn't really do shit. And they lived much, much better than we did. And made in a month what I made my entire deployment.
    Yeah sadly that's the reality in a lot of fields, especially in government where there's a LOT of waste. Really sorry to hear that, the people who deserve to get higher pay and easier access sometimes get shafted over because hiring high-quality employees is harder than getting contractors who will do it with less resources involved. Employment in government unfortunately stems from the people you know and not how hard you work sometimes due to politics or bureaucracy

National High School Star

Surprised they didn't send any NSA people to clean up the NSA's image after all the damage done from being exposed by a whistleblower.

Serious playground baller

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I saw a news briefing today about TSA agents smuggling in Coca through SFO. If convicted they could server life for manipulating a government job and intent to sell. These high profile government jobs really comes with a lot of responsibility to serve and prtoect. Not sure if I am ready for all that but label me interested. lol jk.

Banned

Everyone laughed their ****ing asses off, he was like: "Marijuana is still illegal here guys. If I catch you, imma take your asses down" or something along those lines
    what a massive cunt.

Banned

I would have gone on the greatest hour long rant in the history of public education
    Last edited by The Valley; 11-06-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Banned

DEA hating on weed because half of them would lose their jobs once it becomes legal.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    DEA hating on weed because half of them would lose their jobs once it becomes legal.
    It's too bad that high school students aren't intelligent enough to drill a corrupted **** like him

I would have left him speechless