Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-06-2010, 02:29 AM   #16
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Default Re: The Regend on KG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
Umm, because he looks like a cancer patient, aka hair loss, pale skin, etc., and people with the condition are often mistaken as having cancer.

That's why it makes 1000% no sense that KG said 'you are a cancer to your team and the league', aka coincidentally used the word cancer rather than as a shot at CV's condition via 'cancer patient'.

You are 100% correct. The irony is not a coincidence. KG just tried to cover his ass. Way to think logically.

And by b4ball, I meant bada bing. In case your wondering.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #17
bada bing
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
Think you're missing the idea here with the no hair thing in CV's case.

again he did not have cancer. cancer patients have many conditions and cancer symptoms can show up in many forms. Are we going to watch out for all the symptoms? If CV had cancer i totally understand.

AI has been termed a cancer. His daughter was recently sick. Where is the storm against those people? There have been prominent writers that have called him that. Even though she does not have cancer, there are many kids that die of cancer and are sick. According to your logic then we are all being insensitive when calling AI a cancer.

now we are being sensitive to every crap that is out there. Most people that are hating on this KG thing are using it as an excuse to hate KG. It is not a big deal!!!!
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #18
Grey Dawn
Poeltl Power!

It's not that he has cancer, it's that he LOOKS like he has cancer, thus making calling him specifically a cancer patient a diss based on his condition. KG wouldn't call anyone else a cancer patient, only CV. That's why any comment involving cancer towards CV is personal, wouldn't be used for any other player, and why it doesn't make sense that KG coincidentally would've called him a cancer to the team and league.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #19
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I think it's definitely wrong to call anyone a cancer when your talking about sports teams, but I don't have a huge problem with hit because it happens in every sport and just about every reporter/fan uses the term. It's kind of offensive, but at least we all know what we mean when we use the term.

It's like calling a situation gay. You don't hear that and think, "oh, this is what gay people do?" It's just a weird way to describe something that stuck over time. Like in South Park, when they called all those biker guys "*f-ags", and they got in trouble for being homophobic, and explained themselves by saying, "we don't mean gay f-ags, we mean those biker f-ags."

Kind of ranting and getting off topic, but a couple days ago Michael Wilbon on PTI had a really good point (and I'm paraphrasing here):

Garnett is known for his high levels of energy and intensity. He's known to get in players faces. He's known for his overuse of vulgar language. He's known as being a bully. But tell me one time in his career (14 years? 15?) where he said something as serious as calling somebody a "cancer patient"? The way he talks and the way he acts, and in 15 years he hasn't slipped up once on the court or to the media? And why say something like that to a guy like Charlie Villanueva, in a blowout game that means nothing? It just doesn't add up.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #20
bokes15
Playoffs!

Yeah, to me that was clearly a lie to cover his ass. That statement sounds like something a fan would make, or a GM, the media, but not a player. Especially not a notorious trash talker like KG. That would probably be the most mild thing he's ever said in his life. In addition, it wouldn't even make sense. CV a cancer to the league? We barely even notice that the guy is still in this league. He has a grossly undeserved contract, but i've never heard anything about him being a bad locker room guy or a bad teammate. But as Toni said, it was a creative way to save his ass.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: