Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
bluerap
Good High School Starter

Default bellinelli

Glad to see him starting and making an impact on a winning team.
Always wanted to see what he could do.
He is no NBA superstar but he is playing within his role and pretty well.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Default Re: bellinelli

Paul turns scrubs into good role players. It's what he does.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I've been a fan of Marco's since he was drafted.

Was glad to see him traded to the Raps, and upset when he didn't get much of a chance, so it's nice to see him producing.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Was glad to see him traded to the Raps, and upset when he didn't get much of a chance, so it's nice to see him producing.
Me too.

I honestly thought he was the best SG on the team last year (not saying much but still). He didn't get a fair chance in Toronto.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

Count me in too as one who though he got a raw deal last year. Definitely should have got more of a chance. Good to see him doing well in NO. I think the writing was on the wall however, that had we not traded him, he would've been riding the bench all over again. He probably would've headed back to Europe. Now he's likely extended his NBA career a bit.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
bada bing
College star

he should have been our starting SG. Triano screwed up with bellinelli. When we went into that slump last season after teh ASG, we should have had bellinelli starting and getting more minutes. The guy hustles and is a great option. he is not a star but a great asset to have.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:52 PM   #7
hassano
Made that high school varsity squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
he should have been our starting SG. Triano screwed up with bellinelli. When we went into that slump last season after teh ASG, we should have had bellinelli starting and getting more minutes. The guy hustles and is a great option. he is not a star but a great asset to have.

Id rather have demar starting, playing more minutes and developing with marco coming off the bench.
Plus you guys seem to be forgetting all the shots he jacked up and all the problems he had with shooting the ball (i think he changed his shot twice at one point), also you do realize he has one of the best pgs in the league assisting him on most plays... that could have something to do with him playing better?
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:22 AM   #8
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassano
Id rather have demar starting, playing more minutes and developing with marco coming off the bench.
Plus you guys seem to be forgetting all the shots he jacked up and all the problems he had with shooting the ball (i think he changed his shot twice at one point), also you do realize he has one of the best pgs in the league assisting him on most plays... that could have something to do with him playing better?
Sure, this year. But if you're talking about last year Demar starting wasn't really doing much for him nor for the team considering that even in the games where he started the coach was taking him out quickly and during important stretches. When Belli fell out of favor for going through a cold stretch of shooting (which happens to EVERY shooter at some point in the season) he chose to play CACK during the critical stretches rather than to use a 2 guard which was utterly retarded IMO. But i'm glad he's getting a real opportunity over in NO and playing with a good team.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: