Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #16
blablabla
.
 
blablabla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Austria
Posts: 6,408
Default Re: Case Closed: LeBron James Not in Same Class as Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
The best part about the article is Kobe living for pressure moments. I believe this to be true, but what the writer fails to mention is that Kobe has had some horrible stinkers in those pressure moments.

7 trips to the finals and his game gets worse on the biggest stage.
7 of 25 playoff game winners.
Drop in overall production in the playoffs throughout his career.

Kobe was not the best example of a "playoff force"....LOL
you never fail to amaze me with you stupidity
how the fck do his numbers drop when he had 30/5/5 runs in 09 and 10 also in 08 before he had to go against the celtics
why don't you mention that kobe won 5rings out of 7finals
alot of people mention last years 6-24 game but forgot his great 4th quarter and also this article is not about production it's about not being afraid to fail
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #17
Kevin_Gamble
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 933
Default Re: Case Closed: LeBron James Not in Same Class as Kobe Bryant

Let's see, Pippen was one of the most intelligent and savvy players, who excelled at both team defense and individual defense. In fact, he was the middle linebacker of those Bulls teams. He was also equally capable of running the point and playing without the ball. In essence, he was the ultimate team player, but who showed, in one season as the "man," that he could lead a severely depleted team to unlikely success.

So what exactly is it that makes LeBron James the "modern Pippen," other than maybe that both are tall black men who play basketball?
Kevin_Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #18
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner
 
thejumpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,200
Default Re: Case Closed: LeBron James Not in Same Class as Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
This guy is just trolling. Don't give him a serious response people.

I'm only trolling the stupid threads created by people with stupid agendas. If it's basketball we are talking about, I'm game. People like you have ruined this site.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #19
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 29,274
Default Re: Case Closed: LeBron James Not in Same Class as Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
you never fail to amaze me with you stupidity
how the fck do his numbers drop when he had 30/5/5 runs in 09 and 10 also in 08 before he had to go against the celtics
why don't you mention that kobe won 5rings out of 7finals
alot of people mention last years 6-24 game but forgot his great 4th quarter and also this article is not about production it's about not being afraid to fail

What?

Why would a writer use Kobe as this gold standard of playoff greatness or something.

He's had plenty of failing and his overall play for his career is actually slightly worse in the playoffs.

And "living for big moments".......Kobe has an average to poor track record for his biggest shots and he's a terrible elimination game player.

Its just a poor example. LOL at thinking Kobe has just been this beast in the playoffs while Lebron has a been a bum. Just not true.

Sorry.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #20
tpols
we already won
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 22,153
Default Re: Case Closed: LeBron James Not in Same Class as Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
1. true
2. true....Kobe is pretty average at the biggest shots of his career
3. he gets slightly worse in the playoffs overall

Its just not the best example because Kobe has had as many failures or more as Lebron in the playoffs and these big moments.
They're different kinds of failures.. Kobe has failed because he has tried too hard~04 Finals, 08 Finals, etc. It's like he sees a big moment and he wants it so bad for himself that he disregards his teammates.. But it is that same drive and mentality that has also gotten him 5 rings as an elite player and 2 as the lead dog. He goes hard no matter what. Lebron has failed because of submissiveness and passiveness~ basically fear. One I can live with because it will produce more success than not, and the other I cant because it just shows a bitch mentality.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #21
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 29,274
Default Re: Case Closed: LeBron James Not in Same Class as Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
They're different kinds of failures.. Kobe has failed because he has tried too hard~04 Finals, 08 Finals, etc. It's like he sees a big moment and he wants it so bad for himself that he disregards his teammates.. But it is that same drive and mentality that has also gotten him 5 rings as an elite player and 2 as the lead dog. Lebron has failed because of submissiveness and passiveness~basically fear. One I can live with because it will produce more success than not, and the other I cant because it just shows a bitch mentality.

That is more fair, however, we need to see Lebron's career unfold before making general statements like this.

The true biggest reason Lebron went ringless his first 7 years is that his teams were simply not good around him.

If you want to use this last year, specifically the finals, to make your claims. I don't disagree.

I'd advise you to let things play out first.

And I disagree a little about Kobe. I think a lot of those bad games/moments you mentioned come from a "selfish" place and not a winning place.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #22
bagelred
Stare
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 27,094
Default Re: Case Closed: LeBron James Not in Same Class as Kobe Bryant

Dude you have some good points
I see what you are saying
Don't think its obvious either

Now how do you think
Only if Lebron knew that
That he could change something

Really it's his fault
Even though he has talent
And can dominate if he
Depends on his talents

Last edited by bagelred : 07-07-2011 at 06:35 PM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #23
winwin
Free Kosovo
 
winwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,627
Default Re: Case Closed: LeBron James Not in Same Class as Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejumpa


Sit your 12 year old ass down.
dunksby's left shoe >>>>> all of lebrick stans
winwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #24
Heavincent
NBA Superstar
 
Heavincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 14,053
Default Re: Case Closed: LeBron James Not in Same Class as Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
1. true
2. true....Kobe is pretty average at the biggest shots of his career
3. he gets slightly worse in the playoffs overall

Its just not the best example because Kobe has had as many failures or more as Lebron in the playoffs and these big moments.

The guy with five rings has more playoff failures than the guy that has zero rings and is 2-8 in the finals?
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #25
blablabla
.
 
blablabla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Austria
Posts: 6,408
Default Re: Case Closed: LeBron James Not in Same Class as Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
What?

Why would a writer use Kobe as this gold standard of playoff greatness or something.

He's had plenty of failing and his overall play for his career is actually slightly worse in the playoffs.

And "living for big moments".......Kobe has an average to poor track record for his biggest shots and he's a terrible elimination game player.

Its just a poor example. LOL at thinking Kobe has just been this beast in the playoffs while Lebron has a been a bum. Just not true.

Sorry.
you don't understand what this is all about
he uses kobe as a gold standard of mentality
james for example wouldn't take the last shot after having a horrible shooting game
kobe would
he is not afraid to shot especially not in big moments
this is not about playoff production or your meaningless stats
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #26
Heavincent
NBA Superstar
 
Heavincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 14,053
Default Re: Case Closed: LeBron James Not in Same Class as Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Its just a poor example. LOL at thinking Kobe has just been this beast in the playoffs while Lebron has a been a bum. Just not true.

Sorry.

It has some truth to it. Kobe is a great playoff performer and Lebron has been a disappointing playoff performer for the most part.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #27
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 29,274
Default Re: Case Closed: LeBron James Not in Same Class as Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
you don't understand what this is all about
he uses kobe as a gold standard of mentality
james for example wouldn't take the last shot after having a horrible shooting game
kobe would
he is not afraid to shot especially not in big moments
this is not about playoff production or your meaningless stats

What?

I said before, you are basically using 2 series in Lebron's career to define it.

Not willing to take the big shots in the playoffs? Lebron is on pace to take far more game winning or game tying shots than Kobe. Lebron absolutely dominated teams in crunch time throughout his playoff career up until the finals this year.

You can't use a couple series to define Lebron as a player....especially when he's only 8 years in.

If you want to make this solely about the Finals. I totally agree. If its about Lebron as a player overall for his first 8 years. I could not disagree more.

Yep, its all meaningless stats. Kobe is 7 of 25 on playoff game winners. Lebron is 5 of 12. Lebron takes more shots in crunch time...and makes more. Yet its Lebron that is afraid to take big shots? Complete BS.

But I should value your biased opinion over the facts. Right?
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #28
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,243
Default Re: Case Closed: LeBron James Not in Same Class as Kobe Bryant

This guy just ETHERED an entire generational fan base. sh0wtime, pauk, LeBron23, Theeo's Daddy are about to kill themselves, pronto.

Great article.

Basically said everything I have been saying for the past year, even before the Finals.

See my thread about the myth of LeBron being clutch in these playoffs before his collapse in the Finals.

I have a read on this dude's character. Ultimate utility man, jack of all trades, master of none. Like I said a few days ago, a rich man's Pippen.

No heart, no killer, no will power, no real swagger in this kid's game.

He's afraid of failure, and always has been. To the point he doesn't even try.

That's the ULTIMATE coward / loser in my book.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #29
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner
 
thejumpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,200
Default Re: Case Closed: LeBron James Not in Same Class as Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by winwin
dunksby's left shoe >>>>> all of lebrick stans

me>>>>>you and whoever else calls LBJ "LeBrick" and calls people "stans"

Put down the Eminem playa
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #30
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,243
Default Re: Case Closed: LeBron James Not in Same Class as Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
They're different kinds of failures.. Kobe has failed because he has tried too hard~04 Finals, 08 Finals, etc. It's like he sees a big moment and he wants it so bad for himself that he disregards his teammates.. But it is that same drive and mentality that has also gotten him 5 rings as an elite player and 2 as the lead dog. He goes hard no matter what. Lebron has failed because of submissiveness and passiveness~ basically fear. One I can live with because it will produce more success than not, and the other I cant because it just shows a bitch mentality.
Totally gets it.

DMAVS41 doesn't, is a total hater ... why even engage?
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy