Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Default Re: Thanks Minnesota for the #1 pick in the 2012 NBA draft

They're never going to be good. Cap space, future potential, draft picks, players stashed away, etc. are overrated when they are always going to be misused anyways. Who gives a shit you drafted a guy who might be good and come back in a few yrs, to add to a 17 win team. And at thinking Brad Miller's "veteran presence" will mean anything when he's not even good anymore plus had microfracture surgery and is questionable to play at all this season.

So maybe insurance picks up his contract and you can use the money to sign someone else. Kahn is going to blow it anyways, so again who cares?

I pray that you guys start Love and Miller together, when he's healthy anyways.
    Last edited by 50inchvertical; 06-24-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Brad Miller had microfracture surgery. Dude is done. They absorbed him so they could offload Flynn's contract.

They traded down their 20 pick to 31 and got paid every step of the way.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    You need to stop posting your homerism is far too high, the Clippers are not that good.

Gasol/Kobe and Melo/Amare are both 10 times better than your duo.

If they were the best inside out duo in the NBA how come they didn't win more games?

Face it they put up empty stats.
    Wow you're brilliant aren't you. When someone is referring to an inside/out 2 man game it implies a guard and a big. Not 2 forwards. Especially because Carmelo spends a lot of his time in the mid-high post like Amare. Inside/out tandems are ones who have a reliable guard outside to bomb outside jumpers.. and get to the rim.. as well as a big you can dump the ball too and get buckets.

When it comes to combined production especially when Eric Gordon was healthy.... the Clippers were statistically ranked as the 3rd most productive duo after Wade+Lebron and Westbrook+Durant.. neither of which are inside/out combos. So yes.. Eric Gordon+ Blake Griffin= best inside out combo in the NBA. Gasol isn't exactly a deep post threat... where as Blake Griffin was second in the league in points in the paint.

I'm not saying the Clippers are an amazing team. I'm saying you fu**ed up in the draft. You're the one telling me how bad the Clippers are so I'm just telling you how much worse the Wolves are. It would be like me arguing right now that the Clippers are just as good as the Thunder or Grizzlies. I would never say it because it's a flat out lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I'm not saying the Clippers are an amazing team. I'm saying you fu**ed up in the draft. You're the one telling me how bad the Clippers are so I'm just telling you how much worse the Wolves are. It would be like me arguing right now that the Clippers are just as good as the Thunder or Grizzlies. I would never say it because it's a flat out lie.
    Could you please tell me what you think the Wolves did wrong in the draft?

. Besides Derrick Williams... Wolves giving us nonstop fail in this draft. No offense Wolves fans but WTF is Kahn thinking? Brad Miller....
    Oh course someone who never factors financies into the equation or what we actually got is going to say it was a bad move.

This is McHale's **** up, not Kahn's.

Learn the game.
    Last edited by FireDavidKahn; 06-24-2011 at 04:13 PM.

My god, reading through this thread is hilarious.

MCHALE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR GIVING THE CLIPPERS OUR PICK NEXT YEAR, NOT KAHN.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KGMN
    Could you please tell me what you think the Wolves did wrong in the draft?
    they didnt select kanter. who apparently all of a sudden is the rim protecting 7'0 center we've waited all of our lives for.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
    they didnt select kanter. who apparently all of a sudden is the rim protecting 7'0 center we've waited all of our lives for.

Except the problem is, Derrick Williams is much better than Kanter (at least right now). Why take Enes Kanter just because you need a center? There are plenty of centers in the league, and if all else fails, we can play Kevin Love at center with Beas at PF, Williams at SF, and Wes at SG. Derrick Williams is simply too good to just pass on for a positional need.

And if you want a 7'0 rim-protecting center, keep Darko. He's really good at defense, just not so great at offense. Not to mention that Kanter is not at all a good defender (I think), his real strength is offense.
    Last edited by KGMN; 06-24-2011 at 04:31 PM.

i know, i wanted williams from the get go

Banned

@ the Wolves fan that said Love and Beasley are better than Eric Gordon.

EG is better than Blake to

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    @ the Wolves fan that said Love and Beasley are better than Eric Gordon.

EG is better than Blake to
    youre comparing 2 forwards to a shooting guard.

Quote Originally Posted by KGMN
    Except the problem is, Derrick Williams is much better than Kanter (at least right now). Why take Enes Kanter just because you need a center? There are plenty of centers in the league, and if all else fails, we can play Kevin Love at center with Beas at PF, Williams at SF, and Wes at SG. Derrick Williams is simply too good to just pass on for a positional need.

And if you want a 7'0 rim-protecting center, keep Darko. He's really good at defense, just not so great at offense. Not to mention that Kanter is not at all a good defender (I think), his real strength is offense.
    kanter hasnt played official game for over a year, so where would you know that ?

NBA lottery pick

. Besides Derrick Williams... Wolves giving us nonstop fail in this draft. No offense Wolves fans but WTF is Kahn thinking? Brad Miller....
    ....and with the first pick in the 1998 NBA draft the Los Angeles Clippers select...

NOT Dirk Nowitzki
    NOT Paul Pierce
    NOT Vince Carter
    NOT Antawn Jamison
    NOT Rashard Lewis
    NOT Mike Bibby
    NOT Bonzi Wells
    NOT Larry Hughes
    NOT Al Harrington
    NOT Ricky Davis
    NOT Jason Williams
    NOT Cuttino Mobley

NOT even Raef LaFrentz, Nazr Mohammed or Rasho Nesterovic....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.
    ....and with the first pick in the 1998 NBA draft the Los Angeles Clippers select...

NOT Dirk Nowitzki
    NOT Paul Pierce
    NOT Vince Carter
    NOT Antawn Jamison
    NOT Rashard Lewis
    NOT Mike Bibby
    NOT Bonzi Wells
    NOT Larry Hughes
    NOT Al Harrington
    NOT Ricky Davis
    NOT Jason Williams
    NOT Cuttino Mobley

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.

NOT Dirk Nowitzki
    NOT Paul Pierce
    NOT Vince Carter
    NOT Antawn Jamison
    NOT Rashard Lewis
    NOT Mike Bibby
    NOT Bonzi Wells
    NOT Larry Hughes
    NOT Al Harrington
    NOT Ricky Davis
    NOT Jason Williams
    NOT Cuttino Mobley

Okay dude outside of Vince Carter, Pierce and Jamison maybe.... the entire list you put up were either average players, had attitude problems.. or were surprises (like Dirk obviously). Meaning it wasn't that bad. Drafting a legit 7 footer who looked like he could be dominant at the NBA level isn't exactly a rare mistake. Plus... I'm not making fun of the Wolves drafting history. I'm mentioning that they made boneheaded choices this year. I think it's funny they drafted the probable best player in the draft and he's gonna be on the bench all year. Then they kept swapping picks all over the place. I mean if anyone feels Brad Miller>Flynn.. that's on you. You guys got better offensively and worse defensively or at least stayed the same defensively. Given the fact that the Wolves already have solid young pieces they would of been better off drafting for need.

Grabbing a player who immediately fills a hole. Grabbing a player who plays the positions of your 2 best players= bad strategy IMO.