Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-07-2015, 11:00 PM   #2071
Fallen Angel
#BACK2BACK

Default Re: My Player: NBA 2K11

I also missed the All-Star Break due to some knee injury (didn't get a chance to see what it actually was). I figured with my stats and team record I'd be selected to the team.

I missed about 2 to 3 weeks of games during that injury.

I'm bound one of very few MVPs to not play in the All-Star team (Karl Malone in '99 due to there not being a game; Magic Johnson in '89 not playing in the ASG due to injury).

Last edited by Fallen Angel : 08-08-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 06:39 AM   #2072
ImmortalNemesis
Hi, I'm Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
Games been getting less important to people as they grow up. I can admit to still having a 360 and only playing 2K11 and 2K13. I'm in no serious rush to upgrade, I may even pick up 2K10 and 2K12 just for the different rosters and game modes.
ISH is in a transitional period.

Soon enough, I'll be the oldest dude on here.
ImmortalNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:11 AM   #2073
Fallen Angel
#BACK2BACK

Brad Miller was actually in the Shane Battier trade going to Philly.

Jarred Jeffries was also traded for Drew Gooden, who I forgot was in our rotation.

RightToCensor | Aaron Brooks | Lou Williams | Raymond Felton
Kevin Martin
Chase Budinger | Andres Nocioni
Luis Scola | Jordan Hill
Yao Ming | Chuck Hayes | Drew Gooden

Some other big trades from my MyPlayer mode:

Thabo Sefolosha for Sasha Vujavic
Tracy McGrady and Ben Wallace for Joakim Noah
David Lee and Dorell Wright for Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry

The Miami Heat are 32-3 at home and currently have a total record of 53-16.
Boston is 45-22.
Atlanta is 46-23.
Bucks are 45-23.
Knicks are 42-27.
Bulls 40-28.
Magic 40-31.

Rockets are 45-25.
Spurs are 42-26.
Lakers are 41-28.

The East has more title contenders than the West lol
I'm pretty confident with a healthy Yao Ming that we can win the NBA Championship, although I haven't faced the Big Three Miami Heat yet. I'm doing that in a couple games from now. We also do struggle with beating the Spurs and Lakers, but if I had to choose I'd say the Spurs are easier. I'm hoping that we can finish with the 1st seed and the Spurs finish with the 3rd so I don't have to worry about the Lakers until the WCF.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:46 PM   #2074
Heavincent
NBA Superstar

Damn I feel like playing 2K11 now
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:17 AM   #2075
Fallen Angel
#BACK2BACK

My game resembles a young Dwyane Wade before he began to post up.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:29 PM   #2076
Fallen Angel
#BACK2BACK

Just got lit up by the Warriors 121-106
and this team hasn't even won 30 games yet

Curry: 37/6/6/4 12-23 from the field, 6-7 on threes. 7-7 from the line
Reggie Williams: 21 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists
Monta: 14 points, 5 assists
Anthony Randolph: 12/7/4/3/3

They were killing me during the 1st Quarter. I got stripped by Curry, dudes were blowing past me, and guys were sinking jumpers in my face.

We got the game tied at the end of the 3rd, but while I was on the bench to begin the 4th the Warriors went on a 12-1 run, we could never catch up.

We were playing dirty, too. Like we were frustrated that their backcourt was killing us so badly. I attempted to block Ellis on the drive, but ended up hacking him to the ground. He got up and was deemed to have a bruised tailbone, yet he kept playing. Then Curry made a cut to the basket and Nocioni hammered him so he couldn't get the shot up. The biggest thing was that Ellis sinked a jumper from an out of bounds play and fell on his back. He got up and went straight to the bench, he has a lower back strain and is out for 2-4 weeks. That was in the 3rd Quarter and we still weren't able to beat the Warriors.

I had 5 turnovers at the end of the 1st Quarter from all the BS they gave me. I finished with 60 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists, 4 steals, 2 blocks, 8 turnovers, on 23-49 from the field, 3-10 from three, and 11-12 from the line. Nobody on the team really showed up to the point where we could compete. My superstar teammate, Yao Ming dished with 12 points on 6-17 shooting from the field.

Welp, off to Miami to face the Big Three.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:06 AM   #2077
Fallen Angel
#BACK2BACK

My god, most intense game yet.

Rockets beat Heat 137-125 in OT.

This was my first OT game in either while or my first OT game on 2K11 period. We went on a 8-0 run to start the overtime period and we just coasted through there.

Amazing thing was that Quarters 1-4 were all decided by 1 point each.

75 points, 19 rebounds, 17 assists. My best game ever. Yao and Scola came up useful combining for 34 points, 17 rebounds, and 8 blocks. SEVEN OF THOSE BLOCKS being Yao's (which ties his season high/NBA's season high).

Wade torched me badly for majority of the time I guarded him, he ended with 48 points, 8 rebounds, and 7 assists, Bosh showed up with 23 points, 15 rebounds, and 2 steals. Lebron was so bad, he thought he was Steph Curry with all the jumpshots he was taking. He had 16 points on 7-26 shooting and 2-6 from three.

All in all, I don't think we can Beat The Heat when I bump up the difficulty for the playoffs if we both were to meet in the NBA Finals.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:45 PM   #2078
Fallen Angel
#BACK2BACK

Miami Heat finished with the best record in the league, 65-17.

Lebron James won MVP
I won Rookie of the Year
Lamar Odom won 6th Man of the Year
Josh Smith won Defensive Player of the Year
Terrence Williams won Most Improved Player
Coach Spo won Coach of the Year

All-NBA Teams:

RightTwoCensor
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Yao Ming

Dwyane Wade
Derrick Rose
Josh Smith
Andre Iguodala
Dwight Howard

Monta Ellis
Chris Paul
Tim Duncan
Antawn Jamison
Al Jefferson
Old 08-14-2015, 03:46 PM   #2079
Fallen Angel
#BACK2BACK

We're facing off against the 8th Seeded Portland Trail Blazers in the 1st Round, I'm also bumping up the difficulty.

Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge, and the whole gang.

Greg Oden will be out this series with an injury.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:52 PM   #2080
Fallen Angel
#BACK2BACK

Game 1: We lost badly at home, I struggled in my 1st postseason game.
Game 2: We won at home, I had a great game.
Game 3: We lost at POR.
Game 4: We lost at POR, I simmed
Game 5: We won at home, I simmed, Yao got injured and was out the rest of the postseason.
Game 6: We won at POR, I simmed.
Game 7: We lost at home, I simmed the second half, pointless to keep going without Yao.

So as the #1 Seed in the West we lost in the First Round. I'm blaming it on Yao's injury.

Miami ended up beating the Spurs in the NBA Finals.

I told our GM to go after Carmelo Anthony, Vince Carter, Thaddeus Young, Arron Afflalo, and someone else I forgot. We didn't sign anyone I wanted.

I was given the opportunity to choose the team I was going to sign with the next season, the 3 main candidates for me were:

Houston: Come back for a second season, team was significantly worse than last year on paper without me on the roster.

Miami: Big Three.

OKC: Russell Westbrook (coming off injury), James Harden, Kevin Durant, Serge Ibaka, and... CARMELO ANTHONY.

I had to join Oklahoma City, didn't even think twice.

Right now the starting lineup it:

RightTwoCensor
James Harden
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Kendrick Perkins

Serge Ibaka is coming off the bench and Russell Westbrook will be out for another few weeks due to injury. Will be interesting to see who comes off the bench for us if we going on a nice streak of winning.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:07 AM   #2081
KobesFinger
Laker Gang #COYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
Game 1: We lost badly at home, I struggled in my 1st postseason game.
Game 2: We won at home, I had a great game.
Game 3: We lost at POR.
Game 4: We lost at POR, I simmed
Game 5: We won at home, I simmed, Yao got injured and was out the rest of the postseason.
Game 6: We won at POR, I simmed.
Game 7: We lost at home, I simmed the second half, pointless to keep going without Yao.

So as the #1 Seed in the West we lost in the First Round. I'm blaming it on Yao's injury.

Miami ended up beating the Spurs in the NBA Finals.

I told our GM to go after Carmelo Anthony, Vince Carter, Thaddeus Young, Arron Afflalo, and someone else I forgot. We didn't sign anyone I wanted.

I was given the opportunity to choose the team I was going to sign with the next season, the 3 main candidates for me were:

Houston: Come back for a second season, team was significantly worse than last year on paper without me on the roster.

Miami: Big Three.

OKC: Russell Westbrook (coming off injury), James Harden, Kevin Durant, Serge Ibaka, and... CARMELO ANTHONY.

I had to join Oklahoma City, didn't even think twice.

Right now the starting lineup it:

RightTwoCensor
James Harden
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Kendrick Perkins

Serge Ibaka is coming off the bench and Russell Westbrook will be out for another few weeks due to injury. Will be interesting to see who comes off the bench for us if we going on a nice streak of winning.

How do you find the teammate/trade AI? I played for the Hornets as a SG but got moved to SF to accommodate for Marcus Thornton. They then traded him and every other guard except CP3 and had 4 SFs, letting me play SG. I led the team in scoring at 25+ (don't remember) but the AI would always run plays for West or Okafor so I had to bail-out or chuck. On top of that CP3 would never look to score for himself. He averaged about 14/6. Managed to beat the Bulls in the Finals.

The next season we drafted another SF so we still only had myself and CP3 at guard so I requested a trade and got sent to the Thunder for Harden. So it was Westbrook, Durant and myself. Same situation with no plays run for me and PG playing like a scrub. There were games we lost by single digits but Durant chucked js out. E.g. shooting 2/17 on 3s when I shoot 10/15 FGs. Or 10/40 while I shoot 16/20.

OKC had two plays for me: an isolation that would break down because Perkins was in the way, or a play with an option for myself or Durant and 90% of the time they'd go to Durant, despite me being a 99 OVR and having a star by my name.
KobesFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:30 AM   #2082
Fallen Angel
#BACK2BACK

The teammate trade AI isn't great. Unless you're on an established championship contender then the AI will trade away valuable pieces for young depth at one position that's not established.

That's what happened with the PG spot when I was in Houston, we had as many as 4 PGs getting rotational minutes.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: