Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I'll start naming them off.
1. Miami with a ridiculous 70 percent chance to win title. Favorites yes... this heavy hell no.
2. Boston only 3 percent chance to win east Miami 97 percent? NO.
3. Clippers only 3 percent chance to win Pacific? Again hell no. Both Celtics and Clippers are MUCH closer to the Heat and Lakers than this poll would suggest.
4. Lebron James polling in at the 3rd best PF in the NBA? HELL NO.
5. Best defensive team Chicago by a huge margin. Not happening with Rose out all season and Asik gone. I think they will rank out of the 5 for sure.
6. Best passer is Rondo right now... yet he got 7 percent of vote, Nash got 58 and CP3 got 28.
7. Best finisher in the game is Griffin yet they have him with 10 percent and Lebron with about 70? No Lebron isn't the better finisher and if he is it's by a small margin.
8. Which player do you want taking the shot with game on the line? CP3 got 0 votes.
The pattern here is MASSIVE Heat and Lakers bias.
1. Miami is the heavy favorite. They're Not only coming back with their championship core, but also they improved their outside shooting to make it easier for Wade and Lebron to create.
2. Boston maybe 10%
3. No, the clippers have about a 5% chance of winning the Pacific and that's based on weather the Lakers have chemistry issues early in the season, which ends up negativelly affecting their record. In terms of a team, no the Clippers aren't close to the Lakers. They're not a contender. The Clippers are better than the above averge teams, and are in the same group as teams like Denver and Mempis. Great enough to get out the first round, not good enough to win the West.
5. I'm not really sure if Chicago was ever really a better defensive team than Miami. I thought they were better at cutting of passing lanes, and limiting inside opportunities, but I always thought Miami was better at defending the perimeter, which is more important in a perimeter oriented league.
6. Well it's not like Nash's abilty to pass the ball has decreased, it's his speed that has declined which has affected his playmaking ability.
7. WHAT THE ****?
Griffin is a better finisher than Lebron? I'd have Lebron, Healthy Wade, Healthy Rose, Healthy Westbrook and a couple others as better finishers than Griffin, especially in traffic. Ever since Wade declined, Lebron has been the best finisher in the leauge by far.
8. Probally should of gotten a higher percentage, because he's a great decision maker down the stretch.