Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    "The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Default Re: Tyson Chandler...everybody's fault but his

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Navy"]Leadership would have been damn I've been sucking and I have to show great improvement. I want to feel more involved in the offense through PNR. These statements should be made in the locker room not the media.[/COLOR]
    It was cowardly. I rant and rave about Jason Kidd being bad all the time. That being said, I'm not a teammate. If I was, I'd be pissed, but I'm going to rise with my teammate regardless. Teams are like families. If me and my wife get into it, I'm not going to go around telling everyone about all the stuff she doesn't do. That's for US to work out. Chandler is a coward for that.

tyson has to go, we can get some draft picks and a decent replacement who can also give us 5 and 5

Not airballing my layups anymore

In terms of Chandlers performance, there's no doubt he should be playing better, but hasn't Hibbert always had the potential to be a much better player than what he's produced? Huge body, good athleticism and reasonable touch around the basket. Is it not possible that he is just absolutely playing out of his skin this series? Or finally realising that if he plays more aggressively he is capable of being an absolute beast? I guess we won't know until we see what he does after this but there are two sides to every story.
    Last edited by redrich2000; 05-13-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redrich2000
    In terms of Chandlers performance, there's no doubt he should be playing better, but hasn't Hibbert always had the potential to be a much better player than what he's produced? Huge body, good athleticism and reasonable touch around the basket. Is it not possible that he is just absolutely playing out of his skin this series? Or finally realising that if he plays more aggressively he is capable of being an absolute beast? I guess we won't know until we see what he does after this but there are two sides to every story.
    So how do you explain Kevin Garnett, at age 37, giving him the business. How do you explain him being a no show for the Heat series LAST playoffs despite the Heat not even having a true center?

So instead of everyone being able to focus on the task at hand, you gotta deal with the distraction Tyson Chandler caused with his asinine comments in the media.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    So how do you explain Kevin Garnett, at age 37, giving him the business. How do you explain him being a no show for the Heat series LAST playoffs despite the Heat not even having a true center?
    I'm just speculating, I'm not convinced Hibbert playing well is the reason. But KG didn't have that great a series against us. What were Chandlers rebounding stats against Boston? KG only averaged 12.7 pts which I expect the Celtics were disappointed with.

Quote Originally Posted by redrich2000
    I'm just speculating, I'm not convinced Hibbert playing well is the reason. But KG didn't have that great a series against us. What were Chandlers rebounding stats against Boston? KG only averaged 12.7 pts which I expect the Celtics were disappointed with.
    Garnett averaged 12.7 points, 13.7 rebounds and 1 bpg He had 3 consecutive games of 17,17 and 18 rebounds.

Chandler averaged 5.2 points, 8.7 rebounds and 0.7 blocks

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]Tyson isnt healthy. I truly forgot this and I think it was because I was out the country for a good while. No one has to care but if you look back in March the dude was injured and came into the playoffs injured. I dont think he is hurt he is injured and he is gutting it out because there was no Amare, Camby, Wallace and instead of keeping Earl Barron they signed Q Richardson.

I wouldnt be shocked after the season is over Tyson gets some kind of neck and back surgery.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]Tyson isnt healthy. I truly forgot this and I think it was because I was out the country for a good while. No one has to care but if you look back in March the dude was injured and came into the playoffs injured. I dont think he is hurt he is injured and he is gutting it out because there was no Amare, Camby, Wallace and instead of keeping Earl Barron they signed Q Richardson.

I wouldnt be shocked after the season is over Tyson gets some kind of neck and back surgery.[/COLOR]
    Melo's injured too but nobody used that as an excuse for his poor shooting.
    Also Noah is injured and look how well he played. If Tyson played as half as good we would be up in this series.
    Last edited by Clutch; 05-16-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Melo's injured too but nobody used that as an excuse for his poor shooting.
    Also Noah is injured and look how well he played. If Tyson played as half as good we would be up in this series.
    [COLOR="Navy"]Do they have the same injury? Do you even know what Noah's injury is? Medically can they cover up the injury? Does Melo have the same injuries as Tyson?

So your point is moot and comparison is irrelevant.

I know my dude was injured for months. I know my dude played in a small line up with no help in a back up at center or legit power forward until Kenyon arrived. Tyson did his thing sucked it up played when he shouldnt have because there was no one else. When did Tyson come back to play Clutch? Let's start using some common sense here people. Start putting 2 and 2 together.

You can play hurt you're not suppose to play injured. He has and getting criticized for it.

[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Rameek; 05-16-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Noah has plantar fasciitis. That's an injury...not being hurt.

Also, we kept both Earl Barron and Q. Solomon Jones was the one they let go.

That being said, Tyson Chandler hasn't shown me anything for me to believe his play would have been any different whether he's 100% or not. All but one year of his career, Tyson Chandler's production has DECREASED from the regular season to the post season. And that season was NOT the championship year. It was actually his first trip to the playoffs. Should I post the stats again?

Krust Kingz

Noah has plantar fasciitis. That's an injury...not being hurt.

Also, we kept both Earl Barron and Q. Solomon Jones was the one they let go.

That being said, Tyson Chandler hasn't shown me anything for me to believe his play would have been any different whether he's 100% or not. All but one year of his career, Tyson Chandler's production has DECREASED from the regular season to the post season. And that season was NOT the championship year. It was actually his first trip to the playoffs. Should I post the stats again?
    [COLOR="Navy"]I know what Noah's injury is I asked Clutch and still it has nothing to do with Tyson. It still a dumb comparison.

Yeah I saw that Barron was still here after I posted.

I dont care what his career numbers as a Knick are, as if he has been on this team for years before this year it was against Miami . Defense doesnt always show up in stats. This series right now that you all a bitching about is what is up for discussion. Having watched both series and it just dawned on me the last game that he and some other players just arent moving the same.

So considering that he didnt play for almost a month or so because he was injured was there a miracle that he came back healthy for the playoffs in the slightest? No, how do I know because you can see that he just cant move from jump street.

He is gutting it out and I stand by that. If he didnt play who was? Amare, Camby, Wallace, Kurt Thomas, Barron, Solomon? If he didnt play he would have been crucified.

You all make as many post as you like. I am going to back my dude as a Knick fan. I know the guy aint right and if no one else sees it so be it.

Eventually common sense will hit someone here and I know I am not the only one that is observant. His neck and bulging disk is why he cant play right.[/COLOR]

Actually, defense does show up in the stats. It shows up in block shots, defensive rebounds, the man you're guarding's numbers and shooting % etc.

Maybe I would have some sympathy and believe he's only playing poorly because of injury if I hadn't seen the same thing I've complained about all season. He didn't show up last playoffs either. I've been saying he's overrated all year. My opinion of Tyson Chandler has been the same since the day we signed him. He's overrated and overpaid. Him being exposed in the playoffs is just the icing on the cake...not the actual batter.

*this post was from earlier today. my computer froze*

Chandler wasn't great again tonight but I will say to things. #1 He played very good defense down the stretch of the game. #2 His 4th and 5th foul were absolute, Grade A BS! Especially the 4th foul. He got grabbed and they called a foul on him. There was very little contact, but if you're going to call that ticky tac crap, at least get the right guy for the foul. It's hard to get going when the refs are calling BS like that. I mean really, I thought the refs were bad on both ends. Let em play zebras.

Krust Kingz

Actually, defense does show up in the stats. It shows up in block shots, defensive rebounds, the man you're guarding's numbers and shooting % etc.

Maybe I would have some sympathy and believe he's only playing poorly because of injury if I hadn't seen the same thing I've complained about all season. He didn't show up last playoffs either. I've been saying he's overrated all year. My opinion of Tyson Chandler has been the same since the day we signed him. He's overrated and overpaid. Him being exposed in the playoffs is just the icing on the cake...not the actual batter.
    [COLOR="Navy"]Get over it. He's here. Ride n die with the team or take a back seat! [/COLOR]

*this post was from earlier today. my computer froze*
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Your computer didnt freeze it went back to the future little brother [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]Get over it. He's here. Ride n die with the team or take a back seat! [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Your computer didnt freeze it went back to the future little brother [/COLOR]
    Read my post above. I gave Chandler some credit.