Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat cool
Default Humans of New York (HONY)

"My name is Brandon and I began Humans of New York in the summer of 2010. HONY resulted from an idea that I had to construct a photographic census of New York City. I thought it would be really cool to create an exhaustive catalogue of the city’s inhabitants, so I set out to photograph 10,000 New Yorkers and plot their photos on a map. I worked for several months with this goal in mind. But somewhere along the way, HONY began to take on a much different character. I started collecting quotes and short stories from the people I met, and began including these snippets alongside the photographs. Taken together, these portraits and captions became the subject of a vibrant blog. With nearly two million followers on social media, HONY now provides a worldwide audience with daily glimpses into the lives of strangers in New York City." (taken from the HONY facebook page)

I love looking at this guy's pictures and reading the captions/short stories he gets from strangers on the street. He just released a book entitled Humans of New York on 10/15/13. I think it's a cool story and thought some people on here might enjoy checking this out.

Website/Blog
http://www.humansofnewyork.com/

Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/humansofnew...ocation=stream
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:48 AM   #2
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Humans of New York (HONY)

Old 10-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
enayes
Decent college freshman

Old 07-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
enayes
Decent college freshman

Anyone else follow this page? It's pretty cool and his book was a bestseller on Amazon.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #5
sweggeh
ForeverHeat Rises

sweggeh posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrysweggeh posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I've got my own problems mate. I cant be staring at random people faces all day and reading their bullshit stories.

Might interest some though, thanks for sharing.
sweggeh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #6
Cactus-Sack
Bang Bang!

Cactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pretentious as hell.
Cactus-Sack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:08 AM   #7
enayes
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweggeh
I've got my own problems mate. I cant be staring at random people faces all day and reading their bullshit stories.

Isn't that exactly what everyone does on this forum?
Old 07-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #8
Im Still Ballin
Banned

Im Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

So many ****ing nerds pretending they have some epic life tale. Yeah we believe you bro................
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:33 PM   #9
enayes
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
So many ****ing nerds pretending they have some epic life tale. Yeah we believe you bro................

Everyone has a story to tell.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #10
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cool stuff, I wouldn't mind looking through that book.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:47 PM   #11
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Before clicking on this thread I thought it was about Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:07 PM   #12
oarabbus
NBA lottery pick

oarabbus has decent reputationoarabbus has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by enayes

You got Skrillex hair, girl you got Skrillex hair
oarabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:15 PM   #13
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

I see these things on facebook and they always come off as a bitch fest.
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: