Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #16
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Random thought of the day: Remember when there was a basketball change in 2006?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
I owned one of those balls. Actually still have it. Best ball I've ever owned. Haven't used it in a while though.

I have one too and it's very forgiving after hitting rim.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #17
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Random thought of the day: Remember when there was a basketball change in 2006?

i remember carmelo was having a good start then sucked after they changed the ball back
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #18
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Gilbert Arenas holds the record for most points with that ball at 60.
I remember that. I also remember him not being able to miss a jumper with that ball. And then they went back to the old one and his % dropped almost immediately, for the rest of his career. But with that ball he was a 30/6 player shooting 40% from 3. He hit like 3 game winners in people's faces with that ball if I remember right.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #19
305Baller
LeBron's ex-girlfriend

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

RIP.

305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #20
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
A weird moment in NBA history. They also were sometimes prone to absolutely dying on the back rim before squibbing into the hoop.
I remember Vince had a buzzer beater that had that happen. I was watching that game live and when it hit back rim I thought he missed so I put my head down but I heard Marv Albert going nuts so I realized it went in. Weird moment indeed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBSbQQJgxJ0
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #21
bmd
Local High School Star

bmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
I think some of the players said it was cutting up their hands or something along those lines.
How does a basketball cut your fingers up?
bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #22
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21370

1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #23
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I remember Vince had a buzzer beater that had that happen.
Oh I remember that veeeerrrryyy well.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #24
Djahjaga
High School JV MVP

Djahjaga has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
I remember Vince had a buzzer beater that had that happen. I was watching that game live and when it hit back rim I thought he missed so I put my head down but I heard Marv Albert going nuts so I realized it went in. Weird moment indeed.

That's f*cking insane! Did any of the players acknowledge the effect the ball had on their stats?
Djahjaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #25
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yes! That was the other one I was trying to think of. And that's the exact type of weird bounce I was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd
I never had an opportunity to test those new basketballs but in my experience, there's some basketballs (again, often rocks with a rubber-like surface) that tend to "grab" you hand, whereas a lot of leather basketballs will have more of a slide into position on your hand. I'd guess maybe that grab, over time, would separate the skin, particularly if the hands were dry to begin with.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 03-10-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #26
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I remember watching a Denver nuggets game at my uncle's house and heard the commentators talk about the complaints

Not sure, though, because I was still a kid but I'm sure they were talking about the new/old ball.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #27
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd
Quote:
On December 11, 2006, Commissioner Stern announced that beginning January 1, 2007, the NBA would return to the traditional leather basketball in use prior to the 200607 season. The change was influenced by frequent player complaints and confirmed hand injuries (cuts) caused by the microfiber ball.[23] The Players' Association had filed a suit in behalf of the players against the NBA over the new ball.[24] As of 2006, the NBA team jerseys are manufactured by Adidas, which purchased the previous supplier,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...ll_Association
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #28
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Quote:

tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:14 AM   #29
Segatti
Good High School Starter

Segatti has no real reputation yet.

Very interesting
Segatti is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: