Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Which player you base your game on?

my playing style has changed a lot.

Shooting guard, for my competition I am pretty big at my position. Can run the point even though I am not the best passer. 6'3, 197 lbs.

Most of my points come from getting into the lane and getting contact, can hit the pull-up jumper and the three when left open. I get a lot of points by posting up smaller guards. My dribbling and finishing moves look like Tyreke Evans. Who would you guys compare me to?

Learning to shoot layups

Play hard D, gritty, always running and hustling. Hit the mid-range j

HONDO

6'3 nearly perfected fadeaway, high percentage mini hooks, almost perfect mid jumpers shooting, often driving the lane jumping high and releasing 3 foot floaters, high percentage 3s, skinny, long arms, quite good ability to steal and good ability to rebound for my height, ok dribling(just one deadly fake move else is average). Can dunk with two hands, but i am white. Biggest minus not that good strenght... Forgot that i am not a bad passer.

Tell me if u know anyone of style like this. Btw yeah i am playing for some crappy basketball school team(i am 18yrs old gonna graduate from there at monday lol) and i am highest scorer there.
    Last edited by Sakkreth; 05-26-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    my playing style has changed a lot.

Shooting guard, for my competition I am pretty big at my position. Can run the point even though I am not the best passer. 6'3, 197 lbs.

Most of my points come from getting into the lane and getting contact, can hit the pull-up jumper and the three when left open. I get a lot of points by posting up smaller guards. My dribbling and finishing moves look like Tyreke Evans. Who would you guys compare me to?
    I can't really think of a gaurd who posts that isn't a good passer. Billups, Payton, Kidd... then there are 2's like Kobe and Jordan but it's kind of egotistical to compare yourself to them lol (they and pass fairly well too).

I guess Billups would be the closest player I can think of tho.

Last edited by Lebron23; 05-26-2010 at 07:17 PM.

WE MISS U CHALMERS :( JerrySteakhouse's Avatar

It actually depends on the competition and teammates. I find myself playing like a D.Wade/T-Mac type when im the best on the team have no solid pg. But if i got a good point gaurd i usually come off off-ball screens and hit my jumpers. I always find my self trying to take over a game when we down though. Main thing that lacks in my game is that im only 5'10, though in high school ive played every position (even center at times :|) so very versatile.

-Great shooter (especially mid range), i can hit it off the dribble or set
    -Good passer
    -Decent defense (a little slow on D due to knee/ankly injuries)
    -Rebounding usually isnt my role but if it has to be done im not a bad rebounder
    -Handles are good but I find myself too dominant with my right hand and barely go left in games, gotta work on that
    -My footwork is really good, probably not the fastest/quickest guy on the court at times but my footwork gets me where i need to be

I've been compared to:
    -Pierce
    -T-Mac
    -Manu
    -Brandon Roy
    -Wade
    -Mike James (only cuz im from toronto and he was tearing it up that one year lol)

i hear all these comparisons but i probably play more like wade/t-mac im guessin

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    I can't really think of a gaurd who posts that isn't a good passer. Billups, Payton, Kidd... then there are 2's like Kobe and Jordan but it's kind of egotistical to compare yourself to them lol (they and pass fairly well too).

I guess Billups would be the closest player I can think of tho.
    I do have the MJ/Kobe approach to the game and the ability to post up as a shooting guard, but that is where it ends. Well, I first thought Billups but he isn't a scoring shooting guard like me. I actually though Tyreke was a decent comparison as far as playing style. Haven't based my game on him though. But I have a big body for the position, gets most points in the paint, not the best passer (he's decent but not very good). I do post up more and my jumper is decent when I am not changing my form like right now.

Does anyone know a way to improve my passing ability.

WE MISS U CHALMERS :( JerrySteakhouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    I do have the MJ/Kobe approach to the game and the ability to post up as a shooting guard, but that is where it ends. Well, I first thought Billups but he isn't a scoring shooting guard like me. I actually though Tyreke was a decent comparison as far as playing style. Haven't based my game on him though. But I have a big body for the position, gets most points in the paint, not the best passer (he's decent but not very good). I do post up more and my jumper is decent when I am not changing my form like right now.

Does anyone know a way to improve my passing ability.
    Straight up.. play pick up games, make them cut and take risks.

I am a point forward who can do no look pass and very good in 3 pt shooting, so I guess Jalen Rose

I said before that i was like Ricky Rubio (some people here say the same) but now that i'm seeing my dvd's with some friends they say that i'm a mix of Ricky Rubio with Rajon Rondo .. but i don't understand why ahah

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I mostly study allen iverson, kobe bryant, dwayde wayne, chris paul, rajon rondo, and the people who play at the park close to me.

Offense : Baron Davis
    Defense: Paul Pierce

amar'e stoudemire

Decent playground baller Sticks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyi
    amar'e stoudemire
    No defense playing, no rebounding, pick and roll big man?

Learning to shoot layups forensic91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks
    No defense playing, no rebounding, pick and roll big man?