Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: David Lee to GSW @ 5yrs $65 mil

The Warriors and Knicks have an agreement in place to do a sign-and-trade deal that will send David Lee to Golden State for Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike.

-rotoworld

Lee is going to blow up in GS. too bad all of his haters will keep saying he has nobody else when he leads the league in double doubles again. Lee is a BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    Lee for 65 million is a bargain. Statistically the guy is on the same level as Stoudemire but 35 million cheaper, younger and without the injury issues. In a season of ridiculous idiotic spending(see Outlaw, Salmons and more), Lee is a true bargain.

Whether or not he'll be a good fit with the Warriors is something else altogether but I don't see the issue here.
    Amare is better than David Lee.
    Amare and David Lee are both 27
    This proposed deal is not a bargin. That would suggest David Lee was worth more. He's not.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    The Warriors and Knicks have an agreement in place to do a sign-and-trade deal that will send David Lee to Golden State for Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike.

-rotoworld

Lee is going to blow up in GS. too bad all of his haters will keep saying he has nobody else when he leads the league in double doubles again. Lee is a BEAST

WOW. Warriors got raped. Anthony Randolph has the potential to be the PF version of prime Tracy Macgrady.

Azubuike is great for the dantoni system. Turiaf is trash but still good trade for the Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    This is still pending Lebron's decision tonight.
    Plus 1.

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    Lee for 65 million is a bargain. Statistically the guy is on the same level as Stoudemire but 35 million cheaper, younger and without the injury issues. In a season of ridiculous idiotic spending(see Outlaw, Salmons and more), Lee is a true bargain.

Whether or not he'll be a good fit with the Warriors is something else altogether but I don't see the issue here.

The Warriors are about to be under new ownership, and the new owner is interested in WINNING. The run n gun days are about to be over... and we are going to sign a guy who thrives in the run n gun system to a 5 year deal?

Doesn't make any sense to me. In fact, it doesn't make sense that the current owner would be looking to sign ANY long term deals (without moving another long term deal like Monta or Biedrins) in the process of selling the team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey
    WOW. Warriors got raped. Anthony Randolph has the potential to be the PF version of prime Tracy Macgrady.

Azubuike is great for the dantoni system. Turiaf is trash but still good trade for the Knicks

yeah but he's a injury prone *****. i agree with Azubuike. Turiaf isn't terrible but not great either.

still think Lee is going to prove all of his haters/doubters wrong eventually....

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Unless we move Biedrins this is a terrible move.
    Denver?

National High School Star

Randolph has the potential to be a 18 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 blocks, 2 steals guy in New York.

Scary athletic frontcourt with Amare and Randolph.

NBA lottery pick

That would be a great deal for New York. If they can get Bron they will be sick to watch.

Bron
    Azubuike
    Gallinari
    Amare
    Randolph

People can hate on No D Antoni all they want, but for a start that are 55-60 wins right there with a young roster.

Oh no here we go with the "potential" talks.

Book 'em Dan'l

i like this SandT by the knicks.

sure they're losing a quality big man Lee, but they're getting 2 typical "d'antoni" guys in return. azubuike and randolph can be an instant part of the offense right away.

i'm actually excited about randolph finally getting a chance to show his full potential with the knicks. he can do a lot of damage in the east with his length.

Banned

And still we have no PG. What good is signing a finisher (Amare), if there's no one to get him the ball. He can't create for himself efficiently. I would've rather the Knicks have kept Lee and sign some pieces around him than Amare.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

If this is true: Great asset for the Warriors. Fuck the Eastern Conference and their team Diva, I wanna see what happens in the Western Conference!

Whatever peices NY gets in return for David Lee is a great peice. I like how they have their insurance plans set if they dont get LeBron

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stpwned
    Anyone think this move is good enough to help them make a push at San Antonio's playoff spot?

rofl? Spurs will be 2-5 seed next year.

Suns and Jazz are the teams that have dropped off. Spurs have the same team, only more health, a new shooter, and getting another big man. Their team will be improved. . .and won 50 games last season with tons of injuries. I'm tired of dumb fans trashing SA. They're still one of the top 8 teams in the NBA easily. I have them ranked in the 4-6 area for power ranking right now.

Barely any teams have enough to say "We're better than SA". Lakers, Magic, Celtics (who I feel Spurs are equal to anyway). Arguably Portland with a chance to be better if Oden can stay healthy. Nobody else can say they're any better than "maybe equal under best circumstances".