Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Root Of All Evil

Default Kobe WILL have another 60+

Point game this year.

I guarantee it. Too many people doubting him, too many people claiming he's too old.

And this isn't LeBron we are talking about here, Kobe gets off on proving people wrong.

Default Re: Kobe WILL have another 60+

Oh, another Kobe thread, and oh, another LeBron mention!

Anyway to the topic in hand, yup, probably.

Not that the dude really should have anything to prove to anyone else, but haters are gonna continue hating.

yeah he might very well. still one of the best high volume scorers in the league

owwwww

He's also tied with MJ for second most 60 point games. I'm sure he wants to pass him as well. I think he would be pretty close to becoming the "oldest" ever to score 60+ if he does it (not sure what the record age is), pretty incredible when you consider how many "youngest ever" records he broke.

Well since YOU guarantee it, it must be true.

7-time NBA All-Star

I wouldn't predict another 60 point game. His season high was 44 last year. He's coming off his 3rd knee surgery, he's entering his 15th season, seasons which have included many deep playoff runs, he's dealt with a lot of injuries and the Lakers should be a 60+ win team.

I noticed a big drop off in athleticism last year and he doesn't take as many 3s which factors into the huge scoring nights. I suspect that he can and will still average a good amount of points on solid efficiency for a shooting guard, but unless Gasol goes out at a time when Bynum is out/ineffective then I wouldn't bet on it.

When Kobe gets back to 100%, I could see him stringing together several 40 point games on excellent efficiency in stretches using his mid-range and post game like he did last year before the injuries.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    He's also tied with MJ for second most 60 point games. I'm sure he wants to pass him as well. I think he would be pretty close to becoming the "oldest" ever to score 60+ if he does it (not sure what the record age is), pretty incredible when you consider how many "youngest ever" records he broke.
    Wilt Chamberlain has that record.. 66pts at 32 years of age and 5.6 months on Feb 9, 1969..

If Kobe gets 60+ on Feb 11th at New York Knicks.. he can tie the record. From there on out, it's his alone.
    Last edited by ImmortalD24; 10-18-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: fix

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    He scored 61 the year before with about the same amount of athleticism.

And in 2007 he dropped 65, 60, and 58 coming off knee surgery. Oh and 52 in 3 quarters, including 30 3rd quater points. He'll be fine. He's totally still capable of doing it.
    I agree that he's capable and me saying that I doubt Kobe will drop 60 isn't the same as me saying he's washed up. I just don't think he's as explosive of a scorer as he was a few years ago, nor do I think he has to score as much on this current team.

He seemed more athletic to me in 2009, he was dunking more and had better elevation. Part of that was probably injuries last season, I'd be shocked if he's throwing down 360s like he still was in '09.

Kobe was 28 during that ridiculous stretch in 2006-2007, he's 32 now. And Kobe's team was trash at that point, it was a necessity for him to carry them and shoot a ton.

Banned

correction: His birthday is 2 days ahead on August/23.. So his first chance is at Orlando. He can tie at New York.

If he gets hot and just wants to go overboard I think he could do it again.

The form on his jumper actually looks better these days as Craig Hodges and Chuck Person have been tweaking it since sometime last year. To the point where they say it looks way different from say, 2008. I remember Hodges saying something about the net snapping now when he makes shots because of the backspin he gets now.

That and Kobe keeps referring as to how he was playing on one leg for half the regular season and the playoffs.

I think he'll have one 50 and a couple of 40 pointers.
    Last edited by KenneBell; 10-18-2010 at 10:15 AM.

What does Kobe have to prove? Thats such a dumb thing to say. They guy has 5 titles and is going for his second 3 peat. WTF does he have to prove? Dumb thread

Quote Originally Posted by RajonKGcelts
    What does Kobe have to prove?
    That he's not washed up. The same thing people have been trying to call him at the beginning of each season since his knee surgery in '07.

There's always something people are going to knock him on.

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    That he's not washed up. The same thing people have been trying to call him at the beginning of each season since his knee surgery in '07.

There's always something people are going to knock him on.
    NBA fans with any form of intelligence should be able to see that he's not washed up. Obviously getting older and declining, but washed up? I hate the guy as much as anyone but give me a break

Good High School Starter evilmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Point game this year.

I guarantee it. Too many people doubting him, too many people claiming he's too old.

And this isn't LeBron we are talking about here, Kobe gets off on proving people wrong.
    He could.... not impossible... its Kobe afterall, once he knows he is on fire he will go full charge.

Kobe doesn't have anything to prove it doesn't matter what he does now nothing is changing his legacy. You know what there are other players that have so much more to prove.